All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Same with Cappagh and C/K. Also, Football will always be #1 in NCW from what Iā€™ve gathered. Their young lads are coming up through the ranks and when they play adult in both they tend to lean towards football because the fuckers really have their house in order regards coaching and organisation etc. Although the football manager from last year is manager in both codes this year now Iā€™ve heard. Billy Leeā€™s brother.

Any particular reason why the semi finals arenā€™t capturing the publicā€™s imagination ?

Only 40,000 expected at Clare vs Kilkenny and even more disappointingly considering the population of both counties, only 50,000 expected at Galway vs Limerick.

The cost of living a factor here i presume.

Cos Limerick have the thing won already?

1 Like

45k from Limerick, we can only do so much.

The kerry coming out in the Limerick lads

1 Like

Biggest battle of the weekend. The internet will be hopping.

Which set of fans will have the biggest meltdown about a referee this weekend?
  • Limerick
  • Galway

0 voters

@thelimericks despite winning by 11 points

Yeah, Iā€™m expecting Galway to bottle this battle as well.

Thereā€™s no option C Whiney kiely

A question Iā€™m asking myself tdb. I think the cost of hotels in Dublin is a factor - most people would have to travel home at 7pm Saturday evening.

But still 40k for an AI semi would be shocking

This unseasonal early Championship has just failed to capture the imagination of the public

5 Likes

They will have to rewrite the signsā€¦ Skint now saving ourselves for the final

Very original :roll_eyes:

It dawned on me yesterday that i could have been in Adare on Mondayā€¦a lucky escape.

1 Like

A lot of the same lads would have been the fellas sewing the big munster flags together and changing the nuns wheel in Poland. They loves the day out

Put yourself in there as Option D

Iā€™m throwing my support behind Clare for the rest of the championship.

Gā€™wan The Banner

5 Likes

Itā€™s estimated Limerick will bring north of 35k this weekend

So out of the 23 West Limerick Clubs, only 5 of those clubs are ā€˜Football onlyā€™ clubs, and that includes Abbeyfeale who are closely aligned with Templeglantine (and to a lesser extent Tournafulla nowadays). It also includes Athea who have started fielding underage Hurling teams

So in reality, 3 clubs out the 23 West clubs are Football only clubs with no route or access to playing Hurling in their parish or local area (St. Senans, Gerald Griffins, Glin)

Myth busting stuff.

The grades most of the clubs play at is a different matter alright but itā€™s not the wasteland for hurling itā€™s painted out to be either

1 Like

This talk of Kilkenny flying in training is fairly amusing as if it means anything nowadays. Like people putting too much stock in the league. Ye should hear the stories that come out about Cork hurling training sessions. 3 in a rows and 5 in a rows were within reach based off Cork hurling training form. This forums favourite Darragh Fitz is probably the best training player in the country. Only for it all to turn to shit on the Saturday or Sunday in Championship. Now Cork have a different issue to Kilkenny but the point still stands.

1 Like

Way back when we used to be shite (difficult to remember back that far and to comprehend, I know!) inevitably youā€™d always hear they were ā€œflying in trainingā€ before inevitably getting beaten.

1 Like