All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

The Country always had the numbers back in them days. Twas never fair.

What has happened to say the rest are catching up bar Limerick injuries?

Bar Clare, nobody has done anything.

Derek talks awful rubbish.

Itā€™s actually a pity that this great Limerick team hasnā€™t had any challengers since they broke through, theyā€™re streets ahead, even in 2019 when they were sucker punched.

Theyā€™ll annihilate Galway,
The other is hard to call, I felt Kilkenny were coming into form but Galway were so bad against Cork that itā€™s hard to read much into the Leinster final,
So an all Munster AIF with a comfortable victory for Limerick,

And weā€™ll all look to 23

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had a sneaky feeling for KK in this game all year mainly due to the sub standard in Leinster meaning they can peak for Saturday.

1 Like

I agree with you completely, Cork shouldā€™ve hammered Galway and I think they have the next best group of players. Iā€™d a good bet on Cork before that match and another one during it when they were 4 or 5 points down.

Galway are rotten at the minute. Iā€™d say its their worst team in a generation.

The next big rivalry will be Limerick and Cork once Cork bed in their new players. Joyce is outstanding, him v Cian Lynch next year will be class.

Same here, TJ should be really coming to the boil now after an interupted early season. If he could drive these lads to an AI, Iā€™d say he could possibly be stepping above Canning as the best of his era.

1 Like

Well I presume itā€™s because Clare drew with Limerick twice.

Although Tipp were well ahead at HT in the Munster Final in 2021, the ease at which Limerick won that game in the end suggested a massive gap. And bar that, nobody really laid a hand on Limerick in those years so the fact that Clare managed to avoid defeat in 70 minutes on two occasions suggests Limerick have come back a little bit at least (and Clare have obviously stepped up massively).

1 Like

Looking forward to this tomorrow.

Iā€™m set to be sitting a mere 10 rows behind Cody so always great to be able to keep a close eye on the great man. Heā€™s tremendous entertainment along the sideline.

2 Likes

Heā€™s had Armagh flown down for training

Iā€™d rather describe it as Limerick being the victims of injury to the likes of Casey and Lynch as such than teams ā€˜catching themā€™.

The townies had targets

He has forced Padraig Walsh into ā€˜Private Pyleā€™ levels of mental intensity. Heā€™ll be a shell of a man when Cody is done with him

EVcNlQHXQAA15dv

2 Likes

Galway will bate them back to rugby mate.

:smile::smile::smile:

More chance of him not wearing his socks high than being above Canning.

Kinnerk was shoved aside after it was decided he got too much credit for 2013. If I remember rightly he went to Thailand for the championship in 2014.

I recall Kinnerk bounding onto the Wexford Park pitch when 14-man Clare equalised late on and forced extra time in the replay against Wexford. This was pre whiteboard era but he wanted to gather the squad around to talk tactics before the game resumed.

Maybe in a couple of years although Limerick will probably be on a downward curve by then, I hope not, hurling needs great rivalries, and theyā€™re peerless at the moment.

But, Cork couldnā€™t beat a putrid Galway team last week, so that says a lot, they would have been steamrolled by Limerick

1 Like

He went to Korea for a month or six weeks or so between Paddyā€™s day and the May bank holiday. Clareā€™s performances and results in the league before and after he went tell you all you need know.

1 Like

The start for KK is typically key.