All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Even if The Cats had Tonee Kelly lining up for them Saturday,We STILL wouldnt bate Clare.

They are that good,lads.

Munster champions lose more quarter finals that they win

Entertaining, even if he does use the word prevaricate.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2022/0701/1307868-donal-og-cusacks-hurling-semi-finals-previews/

He doesn’t call it though. You have to call it.

giphy-3382717241

This is a really good point.

1 Like

You’re hurting bad, aren’t you

It’s fascinating to watch.

Should’ve isn’t worth 2 fucks

They’ve taken this particularly badly

This was their year. You should have heard the chat in Long Boats after the league semi-final… “this is our year” this and “best crop of players since Seán Óg and Gardner” that.

tumblr_mhj497Md7S1reitwwo1_500-2050115252

Both [HS and RO’N] will have pored over Galway’s semi-final approach of 2020 when Shane O’Neill cleverly filled the left corner of the Galway defence with a sitting defender, curtailing somewhat Gillane’s space.

The height of bullshit. Playing with seven defenders – as DMcG omits to mention – was the main reason Galway lost the 2020 All Ireland semi final.

Populism puts this down to Lohan and his coaching staff, but I also see evidence of Kinnerk’s and Davy Fitz’s work within the playing style of the Clare team.

“Populism”… Where would you start…

Fact.

2 Likes

I certainly think so. Was madness.

It drove me demented at the time. Game was there for the taking.

Again, I agree.

It looked like an attempt to keep the score down. We hit awful wides that day to keep ye in it for longer than we should.

I think it filled its role ok, but with 20 to go, it was time to push up and not die wondering.

I would wager that majority of hurling fans enjoyed Joe’s article a lot more. His prose is everyday speak, authentic and genuine.

13 Likes