All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

The big dog sounds stage 5

The big dog is the big alpha. The big dog doesn’t get rattled.

@balbec? No chance, too much class. More likely one of the dregs

The big dog is simply the big dog.

The pain of '94 has never left the Limericks. No matter how may AIs they win, that wound is always there. Makes them small and bitter.

We are the noisy neighbours. We’ll make noise while we can. We’ll be back picking 15s before we know it

2 Likes

They’d do well to fill it if that’s the pairing

Really beautifully expressed, in fairness – especially the Persian motto.

Clare are well deserved (slight) favourites. Good luck to them if they come through.

Up to Kilkenny now.

2 Likes

That’s the one people want, history and the last team to beat Limerick.

1 Like

You could make an argument that the best game of the year will happen this weekend, as there is usually at least one epic semi final.

2021: Cork vs Kilkenny
2020: Waterford vs Kilkenny
2019: Tipp vs Wexford
2018: Both
2017: Galway vs Tipp
2016: Both
2015: Galway vs Tipp
2014: Kilkenny vs Limerick

Etc Etc.

This truly is the business end of the championship.

1 Like

People are afraid of a kk team who were lucky as fuck to creep past an insipid Galway side who butchered enough chances to win two games, lost to Wexford at home and were outplayed by Galway in the league for large spells. I don’t understand it. Id rather play kk than Clare any day of the week. Clare are excellent. They’ve been as quiet as mice. They are the only team until we batter them on Sunday to put it up to Limerick n the championship, (though we battered Limerick as usual whenever we played them ). Clare are an outstanding team. They climbed back off the canvas to beat Wexford, playing some irresistible hurling once they found their moxy. Kk are kk under Cody. You know exactly what you’ll get. All the lines deep. I’m sure Brian Lohan will be on top.of his brief.
FFS even I don’t fear Kilkenny these days. Respect them, yes, don’t turn up against them and they’ll drag you down and beat you with experience, like arguing with an idiot, but most top teams should have enough.
Kilkenny are admirable, but they are not the A Listers of old.
Clare are an outstanding side.

7 Likes

Michael Duignan would be like a dog with two dicks.

7 Likes

Not overly bothered at this stage. My generation is well used to Cork gaa teams losing.

2 Likes

Agree with all that. I don’t see how you could fancy kk at all. (Famous last words)

The flip side of this is that Wexford handed control of the game back to Clare going direct with everything in the last 15 minutes. Most of the scores in the comeback came from either Wexford long puckouts or 80m+ deliveries. It gave us a platform we weren’t able to establish for the previous 60 minutes and we made the most of it.

My nagging concern is that we’ve peaked physically, and energy levels won’t get back to where they were. We clearly targeted the Munster championship, and were closer to our top speed than any of the four teams we played. Limerick don’t need to be near their best to get this far. And while Kilkenny had a struggle to get out of Leinster, they are probably the best of all at bringing the pot to boil for the last two games of the season.

I think it’s a bit different to Waterford, in that our floor was lower and we needed to be firing on all cylinders in Munster, for a other few reasons as well. But even though our conditioning has improved a lot, carrying that insane level of energy and intinsity through the whole championship is a big ask.

They are. They’re not getting half the credit they deserve. Destroyed Cork, Tipp and Waterford. Drew with us twice. Found a way when everything was going against them agin Wexford.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t. They are to be respected absolutely, but they simply don’t inspire fear like they used to. All the good teams would back themselves against kk at present.

1 Like

You’d have to fancy Kilkenny today

2 Likes

Kilkenny are Kilkenny, Cody has them flying, Clare are really up agin it today

3 Likes

I think Clare will win and the Kilkenny lads will be back to trying to hound Cody out

3 Likes