All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Flying altogether, TJ Reid has spent the weekend with the pigeons in the rafters of Nolan Park

If they were to lose that would be what 3 losses in 7 games. 3 in 5 if you take out Laois and Westmeath.
Fairly shocking stuff.

There is no form line that could in anyway suggest Kilkenny are the better team. I just have a feeling for them. If you believe that tradition, Cody, etc, counts for nothing. Then Clare are an unreal price today. This has Cody ambush all over it for me, one of those games where he has them frothing at the mouth.

1 Like

Very similar to 2019 when they only won 2 out of 5 in Leinster and lost 2 of those games before embarking on a run to the final beating Cork and Limerick. I’ve gone for Clare by 2 though.

There is a fairly significant injury doubt for Clare and I’m told is up against it to start. If they fail the fitness test then a reshuffle in the backs will be needed and I think it becomes very much a 50/50 game.

A Limerick v Kilkenny final. The Niamh De BrĂșin derby.

2 Likes

I presume Cody will test it early to see how Clare/Conlon react
 But will move TJ around the house

I hope for yer sakes its not Conlon.

I think Clare are definitely better team but there is one element of form that could suggest Kilkenny have a chance, being that Clare did not play well for long periods against Wexford.

Now, a lot of people suggested that there would be a Munster Final hangover and that seemed to be the case. But if they play at a similar level, I think Kilkenny will win. I don’t think Kilkenny will hand Clare a momentum-swinging goal like Fanning.

But each game takes a life of its own, Clare will presumably not concede as soft goals themselves. And you’d imagine they’ll have emerged from their blip, they finished that game strongly and I do fancy them to edge it. I wouldn’t be surprised by a KK win but Clare are deserved favourites.

:sob: :sob:

The rumour was covid?

The word is that Conlon is doing a fitness test but that could be cute hoorism from the Clare boys for all we know. At least Clare played a game without him already, and did very well, would they trust Aaron Fitz at centre-back in an AISF?

Sure who would tell a gossip like you anything

2 Likes

Another gossip

2 Likes

Moving Kelly to 6 is the obvious solution if Conlon is out

1 Like

Thats not a great start. Even if he plays that uncertainty isn’t ideal

Conlon is a huge blow, advantage Cody

Reminds me of the great Cyril Farrell on The Sunday Game. Saw an old clip of a Wexford v Kilkenny match from the early 90’s recently and Cyril appeared to be the Wexford manager. 1991 or 1992 I reckon.

Back injury, so even if he passes you wonder how right he will be and how long he can hold up.

There are options to slot in at 6 but all are more man markers/athletic lads like either of the Fitzgeralds rather than hurlers who will cover or sweep. You would nearly be as well off start Nolan in the corner and put Hayes or Flanagan to 6 than start either of the fitzs.

Jack Browne the other option, as he can play centre back but still a big enough downgrade. Malone could drop to 6 with Kelly, Reidy or David Fitz to midfield with one of Rodgers, Meehan or Shan starting.

All are a bit suboptimal

Clare are forever at this psychological bullshit.

Conlon will play.

1 Like

1 Like