All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

I genuinely thought that Clare team were a generational group of talents in 2013. Itā€™s mad to think itā€™s 9 years ago. Such a young group at the time but as you say the majority had moved on by winter 2019/20 when Lohan entered the fray. There was always a sense that Lohan was piecing together a team. Thereā€™ll be concerns about 4/5 years time when Kelly, SOD etc. have moved on but Lohan has replenished the team and thereā€™s optimism the likes of Rogers and Meehan can keep them competitive.

3 Likes

Limerick will eat Kilkenny in the final (thatā€™s with the caveat that Limerick donā€™t slip up against Galway tomorrow).

Could easily have been carrying something Iā€™d say, but there was no real loose stuff to latch on to as well, KK used it really well.

1 Like

As @cluaindiuic alluded to he was well marked.

Likes of Peter Duggan though was found out today. Ryan Taylor, David Reidy and Ian Galvin were as well.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m not sure where Duggan fits now. He seems to have slowed down a bit in the time away. The other boys are kind of Lohan project success stories till today.

Could Duggan play number 6, Conlan is 33 like?

1 Like

Thought he shouldā€™ve probably gone with Malone 6 in hindsight

1 Like

Not in full forward. He has never been good in there.

2 Likes

Youā€™re dead right he hasnā€™t, hasnt the yard of pace to get away from a sticky back.

I would have played Rory Hayes there personally. But then you could be making more problems for yourself in the full backline.

1 Like

Very hard hide a fella these days.

1 Like

There is no sympathy in this game for anyone.

4 Likes

Bitter bollox

No really. Just donā€™t want a Limerick Kilkenny final.

Donā€™t worry ye shall have it.

I think the lack of directness is major weakness in their game plan.
If they canā€™t change tact effectively as games evolve then I donā€™t see what you see as room for improvement.

This is Limerickā€™s greatness strength imo

Still donā€™t want either of them to win it. Cunts v cunts never ends well.

1 Like

Lohan not facing the media shows what heā€™s about.

The usual suspects will constantly have a pop off Kiely put at least in 19 he came out and wouldnā€™t entertain the non 65 and just said kk were better.

16 Likes

In which position did Brian Cody line out?

I think Kilkenny might have a few decent players.

Hind Tit

1 Like

Really poor form, no excuses

3 Likes

The element of surprise is goneā€¦.