All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Whatā€™s Fogarty smoking?

Its year 2. They are much improved from last year. Would you have made those comments prior to today? They had one poor outing from 5 championship matches. Lads are too quick to write them off.

1 Like

Kieran Shannon recently claimed TK was the greatest hurler of all time, bar no one.

TK is a terrific talent. Butā€¦

13 Likes

Year 3 I think. But given Covid and everything heā€™s not had a full run at it since early 2020. Feels very similar to Anthony Dalyā€™s stint in charge from 2004-06. Decent and overachieving at times but not quite good enough for silverware.

1 Like

This is actually year 3?

1 Like

The media here are so reactive and emotive. Kelly has been stifled on many occasions. How do these apes not take into account that Limerick more or less give TK a free roleā€¦ His quality is not in doubt but that kind of claim does no one any good.

3 Likes

You are talking about a lad who knows less than nothing about hurling. But stillā€¦

Do not get me wrong. TK is a terrific hurler (and a gentleman, personally, by all accounts). But grandiose claims do him no favours.

1 Like

The way lads are trying to knife Tony Kelly is poor form imo. He lit up the most forgettable of championships until today. The sport would be a much poorer without the likes of him. Everyone has an off day.

4 Likes

I entirely agree. But the problem with a lot of sportswriting is that it only trucks with neon.

4 Likes

You were just asking questions mate. Cody resoundingly gave you your answer

Not at allā€¦ He was relatively shutdown last day also. He was great this year but my own comments are more in relation to the hyperbole from the press rather than attacking Kelly

Plus, how fit was how. Lads playing injured do themselves no favours. Easy from cheap seats.

1 Like

Well that was a bit shit.

I couldnā€™t get over the confidence of Clare beforehand. Its always very dangerous when a non-traditional county are favourites against a traditional county.

Anyway, Cody, Jesus hes something else. Nobody can prepare a team quite like him and nobody can read a game like him either. He wanted to whip Keogan after 20 minutes but came to an agreement with McGarry to wait until half time. Keogan got a goal but no reprieve. Some people were calling for his head cc @Malarkey but the true connoisseurs of the game, people like myself and @the_man_himself always knew that there is only one man fit to wear the Kilkenny managers bib.

Theres a lovely mix of OLG brawn and Ballyhale brains to this Kilkenny side. Thereā€™s a chemistry about these lads. Mullen in particular was brilliant. Mikey Butler outstanding too.

Id say theyā€™ll win the final handy enough.

1 Like

When will the penny drop with ye Munster lads? Ye lads are basing predictions on what ye see in the Munster championship and not the overall picture.
No real dog in ye and when we have our shit together,Kilkenny will only let ye hurl on our terms.And when that happens,we win.Nice watching the Munster hurling and all that but at the end of the day,youll only play as well as youre let.

Case in point- Tony '16 points" Kelly.Held scoreless by a young lad that used to dish out milk to the lads only a few years ago after training.

We are the ultimate grinders and mentality monsters and lets be straight here,if we had the population of Cork,Tipp and so forth,we would be so far ahead at the top of the roll of honour,the rest of ye would need binoculars to catch a glimpse of our holes.

Flow on lovely river.:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Tony Kelly is a magnificent hurler and a gentleman and thatā€™s all she wrote. Not up to much today mind but sure he wasnā€™t alone.

1 Like

Errā€¦when did anyone from Leinster win an All-Ireland. Actually when did anyone but Kilkenny win one (and Galway donā€™t count)ā€¦

Kilkenny weā€™re enjoying themselves out there today, little flicks and throwing the ball around even early on when the game was in the melting pot they looked relaxed and confident.

Clare looked they were carrying a burden of expectation.

Mickey Butler and Richie Reid were excellent. Roll on Limerick in the final, if we survive the first 20 minutes I think weā€™ll do them.

2 Likes

Ah noā€¦ye once had proper hurlers, who werenā€™t just grinders. Ffs.

Heā€™s not fit to lace our Joeā€™s boots.

1 Like

No, he did not, you clown. Well done to him, though, and well done to the players.

There are a couple of plain and obvious realities. One: Kilkenny are hurling much differently now than in the recent past as regards variety in general play and as regards puckout approach. Two: had Dublin drawn with Galway in the round robin, Kilkenny would have been out. Having seen what we saw today, that reality is a certain sort of indictment for everyone involved.

Some people have been calling for Kilkenny to hurl with this kind of variety and flexibility for several seasons. Fact.

Let me let you in on a broader truth that hardly counts as a secret. The floods of 2022 were not caused by the rains of 2021 ā€“ caused by rain, yes, but not by the rains of 2021.

But persist away in ignorance. I could not care less.

2 Likes