All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

They better for yere sake because if we get there we’ll gut ye.

1 Like

Clare’s AI was the Munster Final.

Certain teams always matchup well against others….

LK v Tipp
Tipp v KK
Cork v KK
GY v Tipp
Clare v LK

I fancied KK today as they’d have zero fear of Clare. Tradition counts….

3 Likes

You are a connoisseur of awe, in fairness.

Ditto:

There are a couple of plain and obvious realities. One: Kilkenny are hurling much differently now than in the recent past as regards variety in general play and as regards puckout approach. Two: had Dublin drawn with Galway in the round robin, Kilkenny would have been out. Having seen what we saw today, that reality is a certain sort of indictment for everyone involved.

Some people have been calling for Kilkenny to hurl with this kind of variety and flexibility for several seasons. Fact.

Let me let you in on a broader truth that hardly counts as a secret. The floods of 2022 were not caused by the rains of 2021 – caused by rain, yes, but not by the rains of 2021.

1 Like

I’m going to call that top top tipping

6 Likes

Limerick v KK has the makings of a 2009 final. It will be savage

1 Like

Ah sure we both know that they’ll be calling for his head again if they lose the final. They can’t just appreciate the greatness in front of them.

I’d also like to take credit for being the first person on the forum to talk up Cian Kenny as a Kilkenny player after watching him for James Stephens last Autumn.

2 Likes

I think that’s simply because it’s been a desperately poor championship across the board and he’s one of the few individuals to really stand out.

More so than ever hurling is a team game now and individual performances that he’s put in on a consistent basis are becoming rarer.

He really really stands out and the media are always going to latch onto that.

Well today malarkey.

All joking aside I gave ye little or no chance tbh.

This would surely be Cody’s sweetest all Ireland win if Kilkenny go all the way?

I said the other day Kilkenny beating Clare could have a big impact on Galway v Limerick.

I think many were expecting a third game between Clare and Limerick. Will Limerick be distracted by the result? Where does this leave them? Kiely was saying they needed games like the Munster final to keep on improving.

Shefflin must be absolutely bulling tonight. He’ll desperately want another crack at Cody. Surely the Galway players will get some believe and confidence from today. They played poorly and still could have beaten Kilkenny in the Leinster final and Clare put Limerick to the pin of their collars in Munster final.

We should never underestimate confidence and believe in sport. It’s going to be interesting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Bulling that his nephew played well and won his way into an All Ireland Final?

2 Likes

I mean in wanting to meet Cody again in the final.

An iconic aspect of Kilkenny’s preparation tonight was third choice keeper, Dean Mason of Ballyhale Shamrocks partaking in the warm up in tracksuit bottoms and trainers.

And Clare would fear Kilkenny why? Or are you talking out of your hole?

Media blowing up TK as the GOAT he has one AI and one League medal Jesus wept🤦‍♂️

2 Likes

I felt strongly Kilkenny would win. But I did not foresee a Clare implosion. I predicted 2-24 to 1-24.

To be fair, the loss of John Conlon was massive – and preferring Paudí Fitzpatrick to Cian Nolan as a replacement seriously compounded the loss.

6 Likes

It’s mad the way he can do it. They had absolutely no right to win that today. He’s some manager to get a bunch of lads to overperform. No other manager in the last 50 years could get that bunch of players to do that today

Cody reminds me of sir Alex Ferguson.

He’s tactically outdated but as a man to prime a team for a day, he has no equal. He is the ultimate sports psychologist

1 Like

You’d think jack Browne would even be better than Paudie fitz.

1 Like

Anyone would have been better, including a stray steward, sad to say.

7 Likes

A great performance – but this manner is the way Kilkenny should have been hurling much earlier than today.

I mean, if Dublin had got a result in Salthill, Kilkenny were gone – and today’s performance would never have happened. Who takes the responsibility for that possibility?

1 Like