All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

To be fair to Cody up until this year there was no U21/U20 title since 2008 and no minor since 2014 when they staged an ambush against what transpired to be an extremely talented Limerick team. While still competitive at minor for the most part the supply lines had dried up so to speak. It’s mainly the strong club scene and Ballyhale’s remarkable penchant for producing snipers in Cooper helmets that’s the production line for them at present. Throw in the fact that a fair chunk of those lads lost to Westmeath at U21 and some were hammered by Wexford and you have to give Cody immense credit for knitting it altogether. He can be behind the times in tactical innovation but he has some sort of magical formula. I think they’ll give Limerick a good rattle in the final. They’re a good deal better than 2019 in my opinion.

2 Likes

Sounds like Cody and KK love the 4 week build up to a game with the intense training sessions in week 2/3 where lads are trying to break onto the team. A proper high performance environment.

1 Like

Did they go back to the clubs for a week?

Agree. Joe a better writer than Kieran Shannon

1 Like

That too

There’s some mighty A v B games coming up in next few weeks in Nowlan Park. No whistle needed.

2 Likes

No idea? @Malarkey

Fair point.

They lack leading figures at 3,6 & 11.

They kinda of robbed Peter to pay Paul switching Conlon back to 6 in reality.

Lack of depth as you said.

1 Like

Kelly’s second ever game with no score from play?

Horgan let it flow which suited kk. Animal workrate. Good disciplined tackling. 1-17 and one/wan wide in the first half!! Murphy is the best goalie of all time.

What is Munster hurling? The big hou$€ and a shower of pussies

1 Like

Disagree

( cc @Rocko, please bring back the disagree reaction )

39k was a pitiful attendance for an All Ireland Semi Final. Lack of razzmatazz was quite striking cc @Cheasty

4 Likes

I don’t ignore their improvement but I don’t see an AI winning team

1 Like
8 Likes

Great photo

Regarding TJ and his ability to catch a ball…

Would defenders be better off battling the ball rather than competing with the hand? I know it doesn’t secure possession but competing with the hand seems futile.

4 Likes

Be a terrific aerial battle between TJ and Gearóid in the final. Both of them going for the high catch.
Be worth the ticket price alone. They’ll have the tight marking Butler lad on Whaylen………:wink:

1 Like

Exactly

Or the aul archaic tactic of break his paw if he dares raise it to catch the ball.

1 Like

I’m guilty of overrating Clare. That was a complete systems malfunction today and they aren’t that bad. Conlon’s loss was obviously huge and the replacement decision exacerbated it. Aside from dumb potshots and general wastefulness, some Clare players were very laboured in their movement. For example. I thought Cathal Malone looked like he was trying to run in quicksand throughout and Cian Kenny lost him easily for the second goal. Kenny was my MOTM. I agreed with Tyrrell’s punditry point that Kilkenny have struck a much better balance between working the ball around and going direct in the last two games. Their decision making and crispness/touch was high quality and they must have been flying in training in recent weeks.

Kilkenny are training and playing like they used to when they were winning All Ireland’s