All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Lot at stake for Limerick as regards their legacy. Win a 3 in a row and 4 in 5 years and they’re right up there as one of the all time great sides. Lose to Kilkenny in Croke Park for the second time in 4 seasons in an ere when Kilkenny hurling has been at such a low ebb and their stock really plummets.

6 Likes

Two more weeks of hope for the Limerick haters.

5 Likes

How’s the back mate?

They were fixated on him. A pure roaster roaring “A boy Reidy boy” at one point.

Limericks again worried lads won’t be thinking about them. Fascinating to watch.

1 Like

It’s almost certainly someone here

1 Like

I presume he’s in a bitta pain

We at least know you will be.

1 Like

That thought crossed my mind too😂

I’ll be abroad. I can assure you I won’t give you a second thought.

Hard luck to @thegalways thought ye had us for a while. Twas a fair battle. Limerick got the rub of the green once or twice. Both sides guilty of bad misses. But David Fucking Reidy saved the day. A lot of fellas doubted him* and he shoved it down their throats

@flattythehurdler maybe next time you grumpy auld bollox

*me

13 Likes

Henry Shefflin was like a fella outside superbites in the square in Newcastle West at three in the morning. He was gone wrong :joy:

Serious intintsity

10 Likes

1973 is the last time a “non-traditional” county from Leinster (Offaly, Wexford) or Munster (Limerick, Clare, Waterford) beat a big three team from the other province in the final.

There were several instances of such happening in the 1956-73 period:
1956 Wexford beat Cork
1959 Waterford beat Kilkenny
1960 Wexford beat Tipperary
1968 Wexford beat Tipperary
1973 Limerick beat Kilkenny

But since then, the traditional county has prevailed in all such match ups:
1974 Kilkenny beat Limerick
1976 Cork beat Wexford
1977 Cork beat Wexford
1984 Cork beat Offaly
2002 Kilkenny beat Clare
2007 Kilkenny beat Limerick
2008 Kilkenny beat Waterford

2 Likes

If you took Gillane out of that forward line, they’d be in serious trouble. A player like Dj Reid de bruin will cause havoc in that Limerick defence

2 Likes

We will have to 1973 it, Gillane to centre back it is so.

1 Like

Well done Limerick. The stronger squad got ye over the line. I hope ye beat the cats out the gate. Enjoy the celebrations.

8 Likes

It was the subs made the difference but not the two you’d have thought. Boylan made a great impact as well.

1 Like

Grand. Bit of physio last four weeks. Back on the road again last few weeks.

5 Likes

Good to travel in 2 weeks?

1 Like

See him telling the cameraman to piss off!!