All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

You can chalk that down!

1 Like

Remember when this lad thought he’d be a top top journalist

3 Likes

Hard luck, mate. I knew Galway would turn up.

Gillane in the first half was the difference I felt along with some unfortunate Galway wides.

That was a fantastic game. Diarmuid Byrnes kept us in it with his long range frees in the 2nd half.

1 Like

Wonder if a Davy trained Galway would have got across the line

3 Likes

Yeah Reidy and Boylan had the look of lads up to match pace, whereas Lynch and Casey were a bit off it. In fairness both have been operating at a higher level this year than previous years. Badly needed too.

1 Like

Credit David Reidy also. 3 points from play I think. Class.

2 Likes

He was in front of us and it was a great watch. He was gone beserk. How he wasn’t sent to the stands :joy: The poor linesman got absolute dogs abuse. Then himself and Kinnerk went at it as well.

Henry was fairly pumped up for a fella who was cool as a cucumber as a player.

Must have been a right auld bit of handbags for The Professor to get worked up.

Congrats on your plucky defeat. :+1:

4 Likes

I think Shefflin got angry on that occasion after Cathal Mannion got struck with a hurley 3 different times by 3 different Limericks while coming out with a ball and then got called for overcarrying

3 Likes

Last 5 minutes,game in the mixer. And once again, Declan Hannon steps up and takes control.

The 3 in a row dream is still alive

9 Likes

A classic case of a ref being told previously or believing from past viewings that Limerick are great tacklers. Then deciding to accept that and ignore what he was looking at. They are a blight on the game. Well done Limerick a lot calmer on the ball and some great long range scores but we had ye rattled and kinda fucked it away. If only concannon was under that dropping ball between Cooney and Finn, whelo coulda squared it to him to instead of pointing it. What might have been. Cody will love a cut at that handpassing through the middle

1 Like

Offaly thought they were going to 1987 it today. 1987 when Offaly beat Tipperary is the last time a non-big three county from Leinster or Munster beat a big three county from the other province in an All-Ireland minor final.

At under-21 level I make it that it has happened four times ever.
1965 Wexford beat Tipperary
2009 Clare beat Kilkenny
2012 Clare beat Kilkenny
2017 Limerick beat Kilkenny

These victories are hard earned.

Was he fuck. He was crying and bitching to refs for 15 years.

1 Like

No. No they wouldn’t have

2 Likes

The opening five minutes decided the game. Galway should have been 2 up but were 4 doubt.

Limerick might have some put too much emphasis on the start of the game because they faded after that.

Era me eye he caught one ball and flaked his token hit and hope point wide. He was passenger quiet all game as were quite a few of the standout players. Some grit though from the team to pull through.

Byrnes was the man today imo