All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

In the John Kiely reign, across league and championship, this is the tenth final we have qualified for. We have won all the previous nine

7 Likes

That hurts. What a lovely day i was having prior to that message. Met Bill Murray and toyed with Galway

Showed bottle after a poor spell to be fair to him.

Quieter than usual but still delivered some lovely ball, think there was one beautifully weighted one in particular to Nash who had wandered up that the HOTY-elect made a balls of. I always want Hannon on the ball more because he really has that vision to open a team up.

3 Likes

Will Limerick fear Kilkenny?

They will not not fear them.

To do it in Croker is the big thing. It’s definitely worth 4-5 points to KK. Very much a 50:50 game.

Congratulations Limerick :clap: very enjoyable game and a great contest. Very proud of our effort, we could have snook it but the better squad won in the end. Grand clean game, ref let it flow and a great atmosphere up there. Best of luck in the final, that team deserve a three in a row.

19 Likes

Will they discuss the Kyle Hayes stamp on tonight’s Sunday Game or will The Dow see it off?

Cummins won’t want to mention it but he’ll have to.

On the law of averages ye’re due a defeat in a final so😳

The Dow saw that he might struggle to keep his place on The Sunday Game for next year so was forced to admit that the ref was the difference between the teams there today

The Dazzler.

1 Like

Though today was by a distance Galway’s best performance in Croke Park in championship hurling since 2017, their Croke Park championship record since 2017 is now one win from nine, and five straight defeats. They’re one win from ten in Dublin city if you throw in the 2019 defeat by Dublin in Parnell Park.

Kilkenny 2018 D
Clare 2018 D
Limerick 2018 L
Wexford 2020 W
Kilkenny 2020 L
Limerick 2020 L
Dublin 2021 L
Kilkenny 2022 L
Limerick 2022 L

1 Like

Gillane is the most important player in that panel in my opinion. Smart, tough and wristy. He’s runs are so well timed.

8 Likes

Fuck it anyway lads. I was bullish beforehand as I felt there was a performance in us. And there duly was. First ten minutes sank us. Total outsiders today but we could have pipped it.

Well done to the Limericks, an exceptional side and ye found a way in the final frantic few minutes.

I’m immensely proud of our lads, they showed great spirit but were beaten by a stronger panel in the end.

16 Likes

He’s unplayable if he’s fed the right ball

He is the marquee forward we have craved for years since Shaughs. Hard luck by the way today. That was some contest.

Shefflin is the right man for the Galway job.

I thought Galway produced a display well above anything they’ve done under Shefflin and Limerick were quite off colour. A lot of the banal pundit chat pre match chat said this had to happen for it to be close. The two don’t usually happen in isolation so fair play to Galway for upping it hugely. That said, and to use another GGA cliche, I felt Limerick were flat from the start despite going 6-1 up. Galway were finding men in space regularly but weren’t taking enough chances. Glennon and Mona(g)han saw an awful lot of ball and their half back line did very well. Tom Morrissey and Hegarty were very well shackled. Limerick’s energy and intensity levels seemed a bit off. I thought Nash, Hayes, Gillane and a brilliant David Reidy cameo dragged them over the line. Several other Limerick players were well off their best and, as much as Reidy was key in winning the game, the Lynch and Casey subs almost proved costly. Casey was involved in a point but Lynch was gambolling around like a lame horse and didn’t touch the ball. Galway didn’t get the rub of the green on more than a couple of occasions too and Munster referees are very biased towards Munster teams. Overall, that looked possibly like the beginning of the end for this Limerick team. At least they have their All Ireland win from 2’18. I don’t think anyone counts 2’20 and 2’21 in games played in front of a few photographers, journalists and Rob Ryan.

9 Likes

Just the 3 games in a row now of consequence we’ve beaten ye in but sure hang on to the Allianz League wins to sweeten the pill

2 Likes