All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

All a stamp will do is wake a lad up, tis nearly a gift to him.

The fabric of our dreams…

I thought Kinnerk was a calmer more dignified sort. He completely lost it there today.

It was Kiely who had to take charge coming down the stretch.

Limerick getting seriously softened up day in day out. This will be their greatest win

Must say that all interactions with various Limericks today was nothing but a pleasure around Drumcondra. A very nice change from Armagh last week.

16 Likes

Limerick hurling men are salt of the earth.

3 Likes

The better hurlers won, but the better team on the day lost. Limericks class told in the end. Galway got an awful lot right and had Limerick well figured out for most of it. Galway committed the numbers to the middle and won the battle there. Limerick survived on their compusure down the stretch. Galway took on too many low percentage shots.

A lot for Galway to build on from that. But they have to bring that everyday. Its easy rise it once a year, harder to do it consistently.

Limerick haven’t put a solid 15 mins together since the Waterford match. And yet we are in the final. With a score to settle.

10 Likes

Agreed, they’re a sound bunch.

1 Like

I ended up chatting to a grand chap from Kinvora after the game. Twas good to be able to wish him well in the football when we parted.

2 Likes

Thats a good post.

I will second that. All the Galways around me were sound out. They were very gracious in defeat when it was a hard one to take. They seemed to be pleasantly surprised to have put us to the pin of our collar.

2 Likes

Why didn’t The king give an after match interview to RTÉ?

Who?

King Henry.

He sits on a throne of lies

He gave a lovely interview to someone

Sky sports.

I think it was for the best. He gave one after in the tunnel I think when he had calmed down a bit. Fuck knows what he would have said if they put a mic in front of him.
He embodied the mania Galway brought to the game. Any suggestion it wouldn’t mean the same for him since it wasn’t Kilkenny gone out the window now. I’d say he was frothing at the mouth to get a crack off Cody again.
I’m not sure that kind of manic aggression is very good for on field decision making. But fuck it, you’d be loving it as a Galway supporter.
I’d say he was dying to pick up a hurley himself and go in. He looked like he’d still do a job too

5 Likes

He
Is
Absolutely
Fucking
Brilliant

3 Likes

Absolutely. I thought he was immense today and he must have done something right to have had Kinnerk lose his cool like that. You want him on your side every day. An admirable and likeable and great man.

5 Likes