All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

If weā€™re looking for a scapegoat he could be it but he ran himself into the ground. He was around his own full back line late in the second half. Heā€™s just that split second too slow of action and mind for inter county. I remember two times he gave it away towards the end under very little pressure. Had Davy Burke been still on the pitch heā€™d have been available for a pass.

1 Like

Noticed that, I was very relieved on every occasion. Because he had done well to win the ball initially but allowed the backs to get in to make a block/interception.

Listen I was hungry. The sight of Gillane throwing them over from everywhere was making me ravenous.

2 Likes

Until this lad is dropped from the squad, weā€™ll continue to struggle. He hasnā€™t an ounce of bottle.

Was it not Cathal Mannion who just launched it. He was about to be blocked so didnā€™t even catch it. Defo wouldnā€™t have seen Concannon.

Heā€™s there cos thereā€™s no one better. Look at what came on from the bench.

Ah it was complete hit and hope in fairness, there is a place for it as well though at times

1 Like

The movement from Concannon to get free of Casey was excellent. I think youā€™d have to give Mannion a bit of credit for moving the ball quickly having seen that there was space inside.

From my vantage point in the Cusack, it looked like a certain goal the minute it left Mannionā€™s stick.

1 Like

It was a shot?

Mannion was under pressure to hit it. Iā€™d say Casey thought he was safe wnough considering it was a hit and hope first time off the hurl.

Padraig Walsh at centre forward reminds me of that time Mayo played Keith Higgins at 11 for the 2013 football championship. Who would be the Kilkenny alternative in that position for the final and how would he fare against Declan Hannon?

We were seated in a Galway section of the Hogan, having picked up tichets on ticketmaster.

The Galway people gave great support to their team and were a credit to their county at the end. Shook hands with a good few and they wished us well. It did surprise us that they disliked the cats so much.

5 Likes

Got a bit of that leaving the ground alrightā€¦ Go and beat the other bastards etc. etcā€¦ Itā€™s a west of Ireland thing.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not exactly the same tbf, as Walsh was a half-forward when he first broke through (much like Hannon himself).

Walsh was on the bench the last couple of games, Mullen did a stint at centre-forward in the Leinster final. Reid also.

The RNLI can fuck off out of it tooā€¦ A small cameo would have been enough. 20 odd minutes listening to it prior to build up ffs.

They should have gotten Bill Murray down for a rendition of - Take me Out to the Ball Game.

Agreed. Any of the @thelimericks that dont think Joyce would add anything to them are incredibly blinkered. A rolls royce

2 Likes

The playlist at the end was very disappointing. An area that needs to be tightened up on.

Limerick Your A Lady should have been on full blast the moment Tyler blew the final whistle. May We Never Have To Say Goodbye then afterwards. People should have been in tears leaving the ground.

Instead it was U2 ffs.

3 Likes

If Limerick had Joyce theyā€™d be there abouts for another 10 years

2 Likes

The lads on the bench have no match time worth talking about. If Evan Niland had the same game time as Cooney this year weā€™d probably have gotten a greater return from the Jersey.

1 Like

Currently or in the long term?