All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

You couldn’t have Niland and Monaghan in the half foward line. They’re too small.

I realise you dont remember a time when We May Never Have to Say Goodbye was being horsed out in Croker Park, but this is a relatively new thing, and no one really cared all that much for it.

Time moves on. You should try do the same.

Good post @iggy and I completely agree with ya.

We look to have found a good goalie, he still very young so he will hopefully continue to improve. Our fullback line is now arguably stronger than it was in 2017. HB line went well yesterday and kept the Limerick hf line largely in check. Although I am aware that Hayes won MOTM. Fintan and Hego match up is becoming worth the admittance on it’s own.I’d keep Joe Cooney at 6 next year. He has the brains for it and he is a superb hurler. He’s ideal for us a pivotal position.

Glennon and Monaghan have been good finds this year (I know Monaghan is around for the last five years or so, but you know). Tom Monaghan was the only one showing up in the first few minutes where we lost the game. He’s had an odd year. He was so poor against Kilkenny in the LF. But he showed what he’s capable of yesterday. Not the biggest guy in the world, but I thought he was very good. I was genuinely concerned we’d get a pasting when it was 6-1. Everything was going wrong from a Galway viewpoint.

It may be time to dispense with Jason Flynn. To use a racing parlance he could be anything. But, he’s knocking around for too long now and is flattering to deceive at this stage. Conor Cooney was also poor yesterday I don’t think we’ll ever see the Cooney of 2017 again. It may be time to move him on in 2023. But is there better than them in the County?

Hopefully the likes of Donal O’Shea and Liam Collins will have good club campaigns and push on for a place next year. We need to find 2 or 3 forwards capable of performing in a pressure cooker like yesterday.

We were outnumbered by the Limericks yesterday, I found them to be a sound crowd. The Limerick wan behind me hadn’t a clue of any of the players names and every time Limerick won the ball back all she could say was “yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss go wan Limerick”. It was comical to listen to.

Overall it was brilliant occasion and a pleasure to be at. Very thankful of the effort our lads put in. They went out and hurled like men. It was all I was hoping for. We will have regrets, big regrets. @Gman is probably right, we lacked a small bit of calmness when we needed to mix raw adrenaline with cool heads. Limerick could do it. That was the difference in the end.

12 Likes

I totally disagree with you sir. The whole thing fell flat when U2 came on afterwards.

A question for the Galway men @Lazarus @Iggy Is Jason Flynn completely gone at the game? All the talent in the world but looked well out of place yesterday. He’s not very popular with the Galway fans either by the sound of things.

Did you consider that was your ancestors climbing into your soul, disgusted at you for going to fawn over a Kilkenny man, than go support your own blood?

Ya he’s just so frustrating. He’s capable of being sensational but it generally hasn’t happened for him in a maroon jersey. I was hoping KH would knock a bit steel in to him, but he was largely out of it yesterday.

We look at them as being like the joyless protestant landlords that they are.

That type of thing runs deep in the west of Ireland psyche.

4 Likes

Cooney might as well be 5’6" for all the good it does him.

3 Likes

You be an have all the talent/ability in the world but if you don’t have the fortitude to do anything with it your at nothing. Could be a confidence thing but he’s had enough chances now and has proven time and time again that he’s just not up to it at this level. Time to give someone else a chance

There was one moment in injury time/near the end when a long ball was put in on top of him. I said to myself “this cunt hasn’t a noiton of catching it” he ended up turning his arse to the ball that broke over his head. I think it was Sean Finn that played it over his head.

It’s so frustrating, because he had a good few inches on his marker.

1 Like

A maudling aul cunt of a song

2 Likes

A dry ole hape of shite for dry ol hapes of shite

I’m surprised you remember talking to anyone Laz.

10 Likes

This X 100

There’s a lot to be said for going out with a bang rather than a whimper, instills a bit of hope anyway.

7 Likes

I thought Monaghan played very well yesterday.
Here is a fact, however poorly you think any of the galway lads played, by the Lord every man Jack of them gave all they had. Flynn ran himself into the ground as did Conor Cooney. We went toe to toe with a great side in a great game and in truth they deservedly just won. I am delighted with the season. Limerick went up in my estimation yesterday as that was a straight hard clean game without an ounce of dirt from anyone worth talking about. Fairly refereed and a fine day on a dry pitch. No complaints about a single member of the Galway team, panel or management. I feel we are back in the mix, which is all you can hope to be, with a team to be proud of, and a manager even I would die for. Epic.
I :heart: KH.

18 Likes

It’s probably just as well for all ye’re sakes that the end came yesterday in a merciful manner. They gave it their all but the wides tally will haunt them until about Thursday.
Do you honestly think you could A: contain yourself if somehow you’d manage to overcome a formidable and battle-hardened Limerick side and B: cope with the buildup to a final against an improving Kilkenny side with all that’s gone between the respective teams this year.

Sometimes there’s more to be gained from a narrow defeat than a narrow victory. Better use of the ball and less of the Hollywood shooting might be a starting point but there’s the makings of an All-Ireland winning side there so it’s time to focus on the local championship and root out a few fresh prospects.

My 50/1 bet with Powers has disintegrated but all that was yesterday - forward James, full steam ahead.

5 Likes

Fcuk that. I would absolutely LOVE to be playing kk in the final. Like my very great pal and avid lurker here once said to me about 2017, it would be sooo much better if we’d bate kk in the final.

Its the hope that kills you. And believe me, being from Wexford, all we ever have is hope. But I’m already looking forward to Leinster next year.

1 Like

My ideal all Ireland win would be kk in the Leinster final, tipp or Limerick in the semi, and cark.in the final.