All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

I said before that dessie Hutchison was as good a forward as anyone. You mocked me.

That’s a very bad example but some of the tackling lads can get away with is ridiculous

I’m sorry for mocking you @flattythehurdler. I hope you didn’t feel belittled.

Not at all. I took it as a reflection of your state of mind at the time and said an our father for you.

2 Likes

I still wouldn’t put it past Waterford to somehow fuck up and fail to get out of Munster.

I see people are raving about the crowd there tonight.

27k for the top two teams in the country isnt exactly hectic.

Interesting to see how many show up in God’s Town tomorrow.

Thank you.

Entirely possible.

What’s the capacity of the Gaelic Grounds? Was it full?

Bizarre reading and hearing commentary that result for Waterford tonight will be grist for the mill for them long term, that they will meet 2 more times and its hard to beat the same team more than once in the same year. Limerick were down 4 of their best players. One player of the year and another who will make a bold claim for it. The mental scars and baggage that comes from not being able to beat a team no matter the circumstances is hard to shake. I didn’t see any gap being closed tonight.

10 Likes

Capacity 40k.

Not even 75 per cent full.

27500 was given as the attendance

Thanks for that, wasn’t sure as Sky were making out the 27 thousand was a spectacular number for a hurling match

They had a chunk of either terrace blocked off. The Sky studio was setup in the City end so the area around that was blocked off.

An area of similar size was blocked off in the other end for some reason.

Joking aside, the gap was most definitely closed, but the result never really looked in doubt, and won’t be unless several teams in a row tear into Limerick like WD did tonight. Waterford have a brilliant team, they just need, it would seem, a bit more bulk, and a bit more depth.
I thought it a great game tbh.

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure they lost their insurance or it changed and the attendance was capped. I think it was once around 48k. One of the Limerick lads will know more.

Waterfords support is quite poor. They have a core support of a couple of thousand. Its true that there is a bandwagon element to most countys support but I find it to be particularly true when it comes to Waterford.

If Cork had Waterford’s management team they’d test Limerick.

Waterford gave their all today but are still miles off it.

They most certainly aren’t miles off it.

I think they are. Limerick could easily have won by 10 points without a few of their best players