All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Thats a poor enough return for a home championship game, @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy would have a field day if he ever heard about that

2 Likes

If Lynch, Hayes, Flanagan and Casey were there theyā€™d bate them a point a man. Come July when we get to the business end Limerick will probably be healthier and have a full deck to chose from. Weā€™ll see what the gap is like then.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll put it this way flatty. Take Gleeson, DeBurca, Hutchinson and Prunty out and see hoe they get on. Cos thats essentially what Limerick had to do this evening. I agree with you they arenā€™t miles off it but they still couldnā€™t bate a Limerick team stuck together with band aids.

3 Likes

Johnny you are having a few digs at Waterford tonight fair play

You know, Limerick may not win the All Ireland, Munster or whatever this year. But they are fucking class.

Like, in 30 years time, if I have a kid or if @PhattPike ā€™s gets taken off him and given to me, and we are watching Limerick labour to a 2 point win over the likes of Laois, Westmeath or Cork, and heā€™ll be all ā€œLimerick are shitā€ and Iā€™ll turn to him and go ā€œI remember when Limerick were fucking class.ā€

Cos they are right now.

30 Likes

Limerick were missing 4 very good players for the majority of the game.

They are miles off it and they are getting the most out of themselves too.

1 Like

I think a few of their key players have a lot of space to improve all the same, de Burca and Barron particularly

@Perez2017 you questioned limericks depth during the league.

What do you think now?

1 Like

Cork need a manager who can attach a pair of balls onto about 10 players, basically a miracle worker.

1 Like

No matter what when one team dominates any competition in any sport it gets boring.

Celtic winning 9 in a row, Bayern winning 10 in a row etc.

Mayo saved the football championship for many years. Doesnā€™t look like anybody will lay a glove on Limerick again this year.

Not great for the majority of the neutrals.

1 Like

Reminded me a bit of the 2020 league game, the last one before lockdown. We were well beaten but stayed in it to the end and lost by 3 or 4 points. Definitely second best tonight but for context, Limerick were definitely second best to Waterford in the Munster Final in 2007 but beat them a month later. So you never know.

1 Like

Iā€™m just being realistic. Iā€™d love to see Waterford win an All Ireland. One of our greatest club men in our club back home in Tipp is a Waterford man and id like nothing more for him to bear witness to a Waterford AI before he kicks the bucket but I am only being realistic in my outlook for the year ahead. Limerick are a behemoth. There is Limerick, then Waterford and then the rest. They have stolen a march in terms of their conditioning. The hunger hasnt dissipated. This is a once in a lifetime team for Limerick and they are milking it for all its worth. They will never have a team like it again. Its just unfortunate for Waterfords that they are playing second fiddle.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be of the opinion outside of Limerick Waterford are the only county even close to getting the most out of themselves tbh.

1 Like

Possibly Clare too tbf.

Dublin

1 Like

This us arguably Limericks most impressive win in 4 years. You can say what you like about last years Munster and all Ireland finals but they had a full deck for those games. They were there for the taking tonight and still managed to grind it out

3 Likes

There is a point or maybe an intersectional point where Waterford can hang around just long enough, maybe get Liam Cahil in year 3 or 4 to pick one off as Limerick start to slip. Just like Tipp did in 2010 when they stopped the drive for 5. Got a few shellackings along the way but got desperately close in 09 before reaching the promised land the year after. I thought that Tipp team amassed a hell of a lot of scar tissue at hands of that Kilkenny team. I just cant see it this year for Waterford. But the above scenario is definitely a possibility. Cahill is key though.

2 Likes

Galway will batter Limerick. I said it last year, was derided, and they did. I said it this year, was derided and they did. The Limerick lads scuttle back off under a rock with their cousin when it happens, and you donā€™t hear from them, save whiney kiely going into meltdown.

3 Likes

For a round robin game itā€™s good.

Going to matches costs money and round robin means more matches, more frequently.

Thatā€™s part of the problem with a shortened season, as the round robins drag on crowds will diminish in the bigger venues.

Iā€™d Tipp v Clare will look a bit lost tomorrow, be doing well to get more than 12-15k.

1 Like

League is over Flatty. Its championship

4 Likes