All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

They used Dessie very well, or serviced him well evenā€¦ Created plenty of space for him to run out to receive ball and no back is staying with him . Think Finn did get a good block on him first half.

The ref wasnā€™t great for both teams.

Limerick were sloppy enough themselves at times, especially the first half. Wrong decision making all over the field, even Nicky coughed up a 65 when he should have let it run out.
Gillane took a while to get going but when he did he was unreal.

Waterford looked to get joy from bombing it over the half back line with the wind first half but Limerick did relatively well. I was happier seeing that then them running at us as ye were opening us up easy at times.

Goals aside, Waterford played into our hands the last 10/15. Running into Limerick players and getting turned over and they missed 3/4 scoreable frees theyā€™ll be kicking themselves overā€¦ I thought they were arguably the better team on the night and a win was there for the taking but Limerick, while slightly off, fought like dogs. Limerick were out on their feet for the last few minutes.

A decent outing for both sides.

4 Likes

It was a game no one needed to win so I wouldnā€™t be getting too carried away. The one thing it proved is how crucial Gillane is to this Limerick setup. He was the man who stepped up when Limerick needed someone to step up. Far from the first time either

1 Like

Gillane loves the ball when running from the middle into the right corner and looping back firing over off the left, unplayable

2 Likes

Heā€™s vital. Like, weā€™ve lost 4 all stars, but if we were to lose a few more, and one of them was him, we would be in trouble

2 Likes

Lay off the claret. Tell ledgy to fuck off home for himself.

King Henry wont need any backhanders from JP to win unlike whiney Keily

2 Likes

Disagree entirely. Ok its still in Waterfords own hands. But they are now in a dogfight. Limerick down 4 automatic starters was a chance for Waterford to more or less secure qualification tonight. Limerick were still relatively comfortable up to the two goals and despite Waterfords efforts still managed to up it to finish out the game. It was a as good a win as youā€™ll see this year

1 Like

Heā€™s unreal. Heā€™s there for the big plays and the small plays, he just delivers whatever his team needs on the day. Heā€™s my new favorite Limerick hurler now that the years are catching up on Mull.

1 Like

I thought Waterford played poorly overall outside of a couple of purple patches. No point scored for the final 20 mins, Bennett drove a number of scorable frees wide, missed a couple of really good goal chances, Barron and TDB not yet back up to speed, I Daly was holding Gillane until he went off. I think most Waterford people are happy the way the game panned out. Loads of headroom for improvement

1 Like

Not over by a long shot. But take out the 4 that we were missing and in theory we were there for the taking. Taking that into account, I dont think Cahill will be happy.
Limerick probably drove up on 20 wides as well.
It just means ye probably have to be at full tilt for the remaining two games.

1 Like

If Mulcahy didnt tog out when the players went on strike he may never have seen a Limerick jersey after that. Its remarkable how much he has got out of his county career. He is a very selfless player. The kind that his own backs love. He is probably a notch or 2 below the very best corner forwards in the game. He didnt have that eye for goal or ability to take on a man and bury it to be in that upper echelon. He will always have that crucial point against Galway in the AI final come what may.

4 Likes

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

bizarre stuff, for a so called great team, they havent entered the consciousness of the average Irish person, id estimate 90% of people living in Ireland couldnt name the manager or any of the players

if they are such a good team, they would be known like shefflington and coady were

11 Likes

To beat the current national champions, and favourites of the All Ireland, without a few main lads tonight shows that limerick are a team people should be talking about more. Waterford, clearly tipped as the best in Ireland, have a competitor it seems. Maybe, just maybe, Limerick could be favourites now?

3 Likes

Had a few passengers starting tonight and still won pulling up. The game is up. Limerick will cruise the all ireland with their 4 all stars back. Waterford second strongest team and beat well tonight.

2 Likes

I second that, only saw 2 guards on duty directing traffic.

All these big games should be in Thurles.

Cork werenā€™t playing mate

I was out the gap in no timeā€¦ Into balla, out to Parteen, onto Corbally and over the Canal up to Rebouge by St. Pats and out onto the Parkway and made for the motorway. No traffic at all

2 Likes

Youā€™re very sharp.

If he is then heā€™s not the manager we think he is

1 Like