All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Hard to see anything other than a Kilkenny v Limerick, All Ireland Final.

Thatā€™s what this Limerick team really needs to validate their credentials. Thatā€™s if they can get the measure of Kilkenny, which is a big if.

1 Like

Cody asked him to come in with him and he refused and then took the Galway job. Iā€™d say Cody sees that as a massive betrayal.

Of course he only asked him in so that he could head off any calls for him to be manager. Thats his modus operandi bring in the latest fella thats coming up behind him and then it kills all talk of him.

Cody is a legend and supposedly a very decent man outside of hurling. But heā€™s a cunt when it comes to hurling. Heā€™s a winner though. Winners win and he doesnā€™t give a fuck for anything else.

7 Likes

Henrys first thoughts after losing a Leinster final was to hold his ground and not move and see would Cody come shake his hand. His first big challenge and he fucked it right up. On all parts. His only thoughts should have been on his players and Galway. And again, if they werent, it means Cody win by getting inside his head.

2 Likes

You get the impression when ex KK men are talking that they all have massive respect for Cody but none of them actually like him

Its only an amatuer sport of twee stick stick, so comparison to other sporting successful managers is folly, but its really similar to Ferguson and Man utd and Bill Belichick with the Patriots. Hugely driven, but zero sentimentality to players and not much love shown in years after. Massive respect, but not friends.

3 Likes

And i suppose thats what makes you a great. When a fella isnt good enough anymore heā€™s gone. As a great man once said. Thereā€™s no sentiment in this game

1 Like

Is shefflins stock after taking a battering now? Had he sat tight heā€™d have been the next man up whenever Cody went. Was Eddie Brennan the big winner today?

Will ya stop to fuck - Limerick would beat us a point a man at least

Brennan is nothing special

Derek lyng would probably be in the mix

Ya the 20s win was a big feather in his cap

And was involved with the senior set up previously

If you bought stock in Derek Lyng at the start of the year you bought well.

4 Likes

Mick Fennelly is as close as Brennan

I got a lot of flak for calling out shefflin as a moron when it came to management at the early stages of the league.

Anybody that has listened to him over the years on rte canā€™t be surprised heā€™s a terrible manager. He never had any interesting ideas on a game he was covering.

I believe @peddlerscross also had inside knowledge on him being poorly rated in certain parts of Kilkenny.

Will cody ever loosen the grip though.

He is so limited tactically its not even funny, but could anyone get more out of this team. I think they are outperforming what they have tbh

I could have managed Ballyhale to an all ireland myself

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I said and posters on here laughed at me.

@caoimhaoin vindicated

Youā€™re getting mighty excited by something that has nothing to do with Wexford

To be alive in this time as a Limerick man. Unreal.

1 Like