All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

People say that but I’m not necessarily sure I agree.

Like, remember how shit our forwards looked in 2015 & 2016 when we were lorrying ball down on top of them. But when we actually tried to play decent ball in, it turned out that the likes of Graeme were actually the good forwards we thought they were.

I think Kilkenny have a lot of talent in their panel, and they are definitely not maximising the ability of the forwards they have. Maybe they’re a bit lacking in midfield still, but I think they have as much ability as anyone outside of Limerick. Obviously Reid will be a big loss when he does finally go.

I do think that Cody ekes every bit of work rate out of the players he has, no doubt about that.

2 Likes

Boylan did 23 years

1 Like

I dunno… He was shuffling around the pitch like a lad not far off needing a walker this evening… He looks shook and every year of his age plus some…

He’s very very stubborn though.

Time waits for no man.!Thought the pictures were a bit odd at the end of the game as well. The camera followed Cody everywhere in expectation of handshake part 2. Players gave him very little regard as he was shuffling about. Obviously Cody was never a man to be jumping and celebrating with players but I found it a bit off. Maybe its just that we usually wouldnever see that after a game.

1 Like

As bad as Cody seemed he went about his business at the final whistle. Shefflin (i think) should of walked towards Galway players, shown no proper disappointment.

Shefflin did call Eoin Cody as he was walking up to hogan stand which was definitely genuine. You could analyse it to death but Cody won that hands down. A shit match but a great story line.

KK back lads? Didn’t see the game.

No. They were bad. Galway were badder.

11 Likes

In what way are Kilkenny outperforming what they have under Cody? They lost to Galway and to Wexford (for the first time in Nowlan Park since 1957) in the round Robin. Kilkenny stumbled into the Leinster Final courtesy of Wexford failing to beat Westmeath.

Galway are stone useless. They don’t have the hurlers and that’s before you even get to their usual windiness.

Kilkenny won a Leinster Final scoring just 0-10 from play. Are we to believe that there isn’t another coach in a county of Kilkenny’s stature who could manage that feat.

5 Likes

They never went away, you know

Kk under Cody look a bit like Tyrone under Micky Harte. They’ll park the bus, and fight like dogs (so to speak), but you get the feeling they’ll consistently cone up short against really good teams. If kk fans are happy with an honourable also ran position, then he remains their man, but in recent times, they don’t play particularly entertaining hurling, and they haven’t really come anywhere near a Liam McCarthy, nor do they look like doing so.
They’d give the Munster counties a game, but you’d think they’d be beaten by all bar tipp.

1 Like

They’ve won three Leinsters in a row. They’ve a decent keeper, a good full back, an ageing reid and young Cody who is a nice hurler. Outside of that they are a very average team with very average players

I watched the Leinster hurling final.

It was shite.

I won’t see the Munster hurling final due to being on Tailteann Cup duties.

But it will be shite too.

Hurling is shite.

1 Like

All ok hun? Do you need a few paracetamol?

1 Like

Head banging but I’ll be grand

2 Likes

Here’s the thing really though, that was just a dreadful game of hurllng yesterday. It had nothing to recommend it. It wasn’t skilful. It wasn’t fast, it wasn’t intelligent, and it wasn’t even exciting. I’d not even be that happy were the jerseys the other way round. Kk were opened up for goal chances despite this being as bad a galway performance as I can remember in a while.

2 Likes

If you’re trying to avoid shite the Tailteann cup is going to be an issue for you

2 Likes

Its the 8th most popular sport in ireland mate and only played in Munster

There is a reason for that

1 Like
1 Like