All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

You made a balls of that quote. Thereā€™s no sympathy in this game for anyone.

Youā€™re over thinking it

I didnā€™t read it that way at all. I donā€™t agree that he looked a kk instead of a Galway man. He looked a Galway man absolutely disgusted with what he saw from his own side, disappointed and couldnā€™t understand it. I think his response showed how disappointed he was with his team and showed his investment in them. They threw away a game that was there for them to win with an anaemic second half performance. Iā€™d say Shefflin the serial winner was sickened by it.

1 Like

The Tailteann Cup is a tremendous competition ya lunatic.

Leinster hurling is shite.

Add Antrimā€¦still shite

Add Galwayā€¦still shite

What next ??

8 Likes

Iā€™d largely agree. He looked disgusted with the performance and was baffled and was in discussion with his selectors. Thereā€™s been way too much over analysisā€¦ Cody should have also come looking for him.

4 Likes

Galway looked v poorly coached. V poor transition of possession from the back. Primitive puckout strategy. Zero forward interplay. Catatonic on the line wrt to substitutions. And lads worrying about handshakes.

2 Likes

The walking backwards and rueful shake of the head from Shefflin deserves more analysis than the match.
ā€˜Go back to those watery cunts now you spoofer before I lay you outā€™

1 Like

Yerrah he had lads butchering chances once a bit of pressure came on. You couldnā€™t except an outside manager to cure Galways inherent mental weakness in 6 months.

3 Likes

Disappointing that any proud hurling county would hire an outside manager anyway, sure youā€™d be withered from the traveling to and fro. Galway have the potential to topple even Limerick and have done since theyā€™ve reached the summit, theyā€™re the only ones with the players to do it, yet itā€™s disappointment after disappointment, poor displays more often than good

2 Likes

We should have a 30 year jubilee celebration around lumping low percentage shite ball into our forward.

1 Like

How did you feel when Cork appointed Wexford man John Meyler to coach the senior hurlers?

Totally different Iā€™d say, Meyler was in Cork over 30 years at that stage, totally ingrained in the Cork hurling scene, not really an outsider. he could have cycled to training without losing breath.

Iā€™m sure it will happen for real at sone stage but I donā€™t see why it should

6 Likes

No outside manager would want anything to do with that shite that resembles tag hurling Cork play

2 Likes

No sign of Joseph Cooney or Tom Monaghan on the overlap at all yesterday. It was a performance void of an energy.

Fahy should have gone for that stamp. Nasty stroke.

4 Likes

Cooney missing 2 frees in front of the posts was fairly costly in the final shake up. That and Galway conceding a plethora of frees for Reid to knock over. Galways execution is very poor. Over the 2 games with Kilkenny they must have created 10 goal chances and taken 1.

1 Like

Yeah, very poor.

The pass Concannon gave to Whelanā€¦ Terrible. The pass Conor Cooney gave to Concannonā€¦ Again terrible.

4 Likes

Monaghan must have fumbled every ball that came his way. He was juggling it like a live hand grenade. For a skillful stickman like him it was bizarre. Maybe a sign of nerves?

Ultimately too many of our big players just didnā€™t turn up bar Whelo and Daithi. How do you legislate for lads missing frees from straight in front of the posts with the wind behind them? Or creating 4 decent goal chances and butchering the lot. Not sustainable with TJ knocking frees over from all angles and distances.

1 Like

Yeah. Joe Cooney and Cathal Mannion are the 2 if be most disappointed with.

That would be my take on it also. Thatā€™s what it looked like to me at least.
Iā€™d say he couldnā€™t believe his eyes. Well he may be teaching Galway a bit of Kilkenny, but we are most certainly teaching Kilkenny a bit of galway also.

3 Likes