All Ireland Hurling Championship 2022

Niland wonā€™t be a major factor at intercounty I feel. Not big enough or quick enough despite the amazing free taking. The younger brother is potentially TK mark 2 though but heā€™s 15. Weā€™ll be waiting a while for him.

I have no issue with Shefflin waiting outside and handshaking every kk player. Heā€™s a Kilkenny man and the way Galway played was truly embarrassing for him. Fahys stamp was out of line and the bit of handbags around it. And it was more petulant as most of them werenā€™t long throwing in the towel after. Iā€™d say he would give anything to get out of the job after this year and I donā€™t blame him. We just donā€™t have the hurlers right now. We are mid to 90s and 00s level, a few class players plenty of filler. Unfortunately the steel that tessio instilled seems to be gone also. Id say canning saw the writing on the wall.

Re Cody, the goat and all that, but is his influence almost counter productive. He only picks battlers and every young lad knows that. Does this stifle magicians like cha and Richie power emerging, even class corner forwards like carter and Brennan havenā€™t been seen in a while though Cody and Mullan might prove that wrong. He has teams set up to never be physically dominated and beat us and Dublin when it matters but heā€™s a way off an all Ireland team. Or maybe itā€™s just a fallow period.

TK is the best Clare hurler ever by the way.

1 Like

KK didnā€™t play much better

Is it possible Henry and Cody arenā€™t shaking hands because they know itā€™ll be a massive talking point and avoid the media focusing on how shite their teams are ?

No offense to Antrim or Kerry but assume the Wex v Clare and Galway v Cork quarter finals will be a double header in Thurles?

Could be cork didnā€™t they do that in 2019

Not happening if Cork are involved.

Oh ya sorry

I presume the Limerick semi final will be 3.30pm? Are there football fixtures down for that date?

I think the Galway shit performance is a little overstated, there were some very good performances, created a good few goal chances too, and wrong decision making. Whelan is probably the best inside forward in the country

3 Likes

Iā€™d say mr Flanagan and mr Gillane would have something to say about that. Whelan is good but a bit too predictable

LOL, far from it. an unreal player

Imagine Whelan got the kind of ball that those two get? Usually he has to dig it out of the ground like heā€™s turning spuds. With two lads hanging off him.

7 Likes

I wonder would the GAA think that theyā€™d get a 45+ crowd though? And have too single headers instead.

Like, there was a fair Clare contingent yesterday, Cork are usually fairly well supported. Hard to know about Wexford & Galway but, again, well capable of bringing big crowds and it is a knockout match.

Double Headers are shit for these games.

With half the crowd only coming in during Game 1 and filtering out during Game 2.

Leads to a dead atmosphere.

Iā€™d agree. Be better for atmosphere to play at separate smaller venues imho, but makes less money probably. They could put a minor or Camogie or club game or something on first.

1 Like

Spectators for game 2 should be getting pissed in a pub watching game 1 and then theyā€™d bring that extra boisterous atmosphere into the ground for game 2.

So long as itā€™s not in facking PUC.

Should wex get there.

Fuc Puc

1 Like

Galway cork should get 20k youā€™d imagine?