All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Kerry were given the freedom of croke park in the first half and the gooch ,donncha walsh and o Donoghue destroyed Dublin… Dublin still kicked on and finished like a train …Mayo stayed with Dublin til the last kick of the game…Dublin were all out…they gave away numerous cynical fouls jumping on fellas backs…

I feel sorry for Cubby. Hopelessly out of depth. Other than not making a balls out of a minor side he’d zero to recommend him for the position. Way too inexperienced. Frank played a blinder and with one beautiful manoeuvre has restored hurling to pre-eminence within the county. Hopefully the footballers will have the decency to fuckoff early in the qualifiers and Walsh and Cahalane will have the time to get there act together for the hurlers.

I don’t recall much cyncism apart from McManaman dragging the Mayo lad down along the sideline.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 978729, member: 1”]1. What are the possession stats for Dublin so far? Are they much higher than 60/70%?

1. Whether or not you think he was exempt from criticism your biggest issue with him seemed to be that he listened to other people’s ideas and should have stuck with his own ideas. This is just strange speculation. Normally one would assume the manager came up with the tactics used during a match, not that he came up with tactics but somehow got talked out of them and went for something else instead. It’s just a curious line of reasoning.

2. Yes, I saw it. Dublin weren’t particularly impressive against Laois or Wexford. Kerry mauling Cork from start to finish was more impressive. They were more consistent, imposed themselves from the start and never allowed their opponents to play. Cork were admittedly dreadful but Laois and Wexford weren’t exacttly high calibre teams that caused Dublin problems at times.

Dublin are deservedly favourites for the Championship and should win it but you discounting Kerry after a facile win over their big rivals doesn’t make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

its important to factor in how much more scope for improvement Dublin and Kerry have…modern day sport is all about peaking at the right time…i’d say Dubs have way more room for improvement than Kerry…

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 978694, member: 180”]I think what we can take from @caoimhaoin’s analysis of yesterdays game, is that Wexford and Laois are better than Cork.

@Bisto pal, answer my post. Good lad.[/QUOTE]

I believe @Bisto[/USER] is referencing your interaction with [USER=348]@count of monte cristo[/USER] or [USER=306]@croppy_boy where you pretended to let on that you didn’t know who Graham / Graeme Molloy was or where he was playing yet The Sunday Game highlighted him scoring a point having waltzed through the Laois defence

Laois won the game mate.

Thanks @Bisto. I cant believe you’d be thick enough to believe that exchange to have been serious, but I guess you learn something new every day.

fuckit

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 978729, member: 1”]1. What are the possession stats for Dublin so far? Are they much higher than 60/70%?

1. Whether or not you think he was exempt from criticism your biggest issue with him seemed to be that he listened to other people’s ideas and should have stuck with his own ideas. This is just strange speculation. Normally one would assume the manager came up with the tactics used during a match, not that he came up with tactics but somehow got talked out of them and went for something else instead. It’s just a curious line of reasoning.

2. Yes, I saw it. Dublin weren’t particularly impressive against Laois or Wexford. Kerry mauling Cork from start to finish was more impressive. They were more consistent, imposed themselves from the start and never allowed their opponents to play. Cork were admittedly dreadful but Laois and Wexford weren’t exacttly high calibre teams that caused Dublin problems at times.

Dublin are deservedly favourites for the Championship and should win it but you discounting Kerry after a facile win over their big rivals doesn’t make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

1. I mean balls inside 45. That’s the stats they all look at now as the real possession stat. What I’m saying is if they get 45/50 in now, how will they play when it gets reduced to 30-35. Let’s say 22/23 get turned into shots, can they kick 70-80% then. They may well do, they are still excellent forwards and no doubt they practice for this eventuality. But I think it’s the real big question that has to be asked. If it’s not Dublin will steamroll to the AI.

2. Jesus, can you not read? I was speculating, I said that. Managers have their heads turned in GAA. No offence, I doubt you understand the way GAA teams work, it’s not like soccer. It’s not all about one man a lot if the time, certainly not in Cork. It’s usually done much more by consensus. Kerry would be the same.
    Cork changed tact very recently, having seen nearly every game this year the team were totally confused and didn’t play anyway like they did in the league. It’s clear they got cold feet about the way they were playing and felt they needed to change. They even proved it with selection. This is fun dementedly flawed coaching/management in my opinion. I know, I did it. Unless they took the view that they would sort it out in the qualifiers either way, but I doubt that because they looked genuinely shell shocked on the line and seemed surprised. I watch a lot of Cork football, and every time they underperform it’s set off by some silly little mistake and the self doubt creeps in. What happened yesterday happened started really early, earlier than ever before and I think it was 1. Confusion and 2. The players copping out cos they had an excuse. And players do tht, all the time. They don’t like to take responsibility. And I theorize that maybe what has happened.

3. Dublin had it out up to them by far superior performances from Wexford and Laois, in particular than Cork did. Performance wise Dublin were far more tested. They were lacking consistency, but still looked good when needed when game was in melting pot.

Can someone ask @caoimhaoin what Kerry managers have had their heads turned by this “concensus” he seems to know so much about? Was it Micko? Paidi? Jack O Connor? Which one? Any of the ones in between, maybe it was Ogie Moran? Could it have been what brought down Mickey Ned? Maybe Pat O Shea?

or maybe I just have such a low opinion of you that I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t know who he was… :smiley:

Who who was?

your ma… with the fat end of the champagne bottle…

A Cork friend of mine said to me this moring that Cuthbert was completely out of his depth and had to go. He pointed to the fact that he never won a Senior Title in Cork.

This is despite him saying to me during the League that he was a very shrewd operator and would be held in very high esteem by those in the know in Cork.

And they wonder why they are called bullshitters.

Ah lovely, what would you expect from a pig but an oink :smiley:

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 978758, member: 24”]A Cork friend of mine said to me this moring that Cuthbert was completely out of his depth and had to go. He pointed to the fact that he never won a Senior Title in Cork.

This is despite him saying to me during the League that he was a very shrewd operator and would be held in very high esteem by those in the know in Cork.

And they wonder why they are called bullshitters.[/QUOTE]
Ah no, they definitely know why they’re called bullshitters, its hereditary.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 978758, member: 24”]A Cork friend of mine said to me this moring that Cuthbert was completely out of his depth and had to go. He pointed to the fact that he never won a Senior Title in Cork.

And they wonder why they are called bullshitters.[/QUOTE]
They just have to have an opinion on everything.

They always seem to have to out do you in a conversation.

Me: ‘Did I ever tell about the time I met Ian Brown in a pub?’
Cork Lad: ‘I met him as well. He actually saved me from a house fire.’

FOOTBALL QUALIFIER FIXTURE DETAILS

Saturday, July 12

All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 3A Qualifiers

Sligo v Limerick, Markievicz Park, 4pm
Laois v Tipperary, O’Moore Park, Portlaoise, 4.45pm

All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 2B Qualifier

Cavan v Roscommon, Kingspan Breffni Park, 6pm

Sunday, July 13

All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 2B Qualifiers

Down v Kildare, Páirc Esler, 2pm
Carlow v Clare, Dr. Cullen Park, 2pm
Tyrone v Armagh, Omagh, 3pm

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 978762, member: 24”]They always seem to have to out do you in a conversation.

Me: ‘Did I ever tell about the time I met Ian Brown in a pub?’
Cork Lad: ‘I met him as well. He actually saved me from a house fire.’[/QUOTE]

i’d say the madness in a pub before a cork Kerry game must be hilarious…all trying to outfox eachother in the a show of cute hoorism…‘yerra I think ye’ll win today’ …‘will you shhtop,my friend, we won’t bate you’…

Thanks for clarifying that. I was unsure having listened to it on the radio and watched the highlights on TV.