All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Does the Cork lad have Weshtern roots?

aru from cark , I am aru?..
that typical bollox you get with cork and Kerry especially…they’d have you believe they all turned up to see their team get bet…

[QUOTE=“scumpot, post: 978771, member: 182”]aru from cark , I am aru?..
that typical bollox you get with cork and Kerry especially…they’d have you believe they all turned up to see their team get bet…[/QUOTE]

Kerry folk can be dour old cunts as well.

One of the ladies from home is married to one.

I remember trying to have a bit of craic with him after Down beat them in 2010. He refused to acknowledge that a match was even played.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978752, member: 273”]1. I mean balls inside 45. That’s the stats they all look at now as the real possession stat. What I’m saying is if they get 45/50 in now, how will they play when it gets reduced to 30-35. Let’s say 22/23 get turned into shots, can they kick 70-80% then. They may well do, they are still excellent forwards and no doubt they practice for this eventuality. But I think it’s the real big question that has to be asked. If it’s not Dublin will steamroll to the AI.

1. Jesus, can you not read? I was speculating, I said that. Managers have their heads turned in GAA. No offence, I doubt you understand the way GAA teams work, it’s not like soccer. It’s not all about one man a lot if the time, certainly not in Cork. It’s usually done much more by consensus. Kerry would be the same.
    Cork changed tact very recently, having seen nearly every game this year the team were totally confused and didn’t play anyway like they did in the league. It’s clear they got cold feet about the way they were playing and felt they needed to change. They even proved it with selection. This is fun dementedly flawed coaching/management in my opinion. I know, I did it. Unless they took the view that they would sort it out in the qualifiers either way, but I doubt that because they looked genuinely shell shocked on the line and seemed surprised. I watch a lot of Cork football, and every time they underperform it’s set off by some silly little mistake and the self doubt creeps in. What happened yesterday happened started really early, earlier than ever before and I think it was 1. Confusion and 2. The players copping out cos they had an excuse. And players do tht, all the time. They don’t like to take responsibility. And I theorize that maybe what has happened.

2. Dublin had it out up to them by far superior performances from Wexford and Laois, in particular than Cork did. Performance wise Dublin were far more tested. They were lacking consistency, but still looked good when needed when game was in melting pot.[/QUOTE]

3. How do you measure possession inside the 45 as a percentage? A percentage of what? Of total possession by both teams, of possession by both teams inside the 45, of total possession by that team?

Obviously Dublin are playing a completely different brand of football to everyone else with their frequency of shots. It’s fairly easy to say that you need to upset them and starve them of ball but that’s tricky to implement against a team built with the fun demented purpose of creating an abundance of shooting opportunities. If Dublin end up with 22/23 shots then they will be in serious trouble. They haven’t been close to kicking scores at 70-80% accuracy in a long time - I doubt any intercounty team is achieving that type of success rate with any regularity, if ever.

1. No offence taken. I don’t understand what relevance soccer has here though. Or your own coaching experience. If you’re arguing that Cuthbert is making the same mistakes you are and also arguing that he deserves another chance, then you may be slightly misreading the situation. I always think managers deserve another chance (not like when you argued that McGuinness should be sacked a few months after he won the All Ireland) but you’re summarising yesterday’s match as a lesson learned for Cork, no lesson learned for Kerry.

2. Ah Dublin weren’t tested at all. They simply gave their opponents too much room in the first half and went for goal chances at every opporunity early on which has been a tactic for a while now. You have to do some contortion of logic to suggest that Dublin beating Laois about as comprehensively as expected were more impressive than Kerry hammering Cork in a Munster final.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 978773, member: 24”]Kerry folk can be dour old cunts as well.

I remember trying to have a bit of craic with him after Down beat them in 2010. He refused to acknowledge that a match was even played.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 978773, member: 24”]Kerry folk can be dour old cunts as well.

I remember trying to have a bit of craic with him after Down beat them in 2010. He refused to acknowledge that a match was even played.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it’s just that you get all different types of people in each county?

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978730, member: 273”]Dublin had to resort to a lot if cynicism to hold Mayo off. Dublin won pulling up against Kerry who to be honest were a busted flush after half time having out so much into the game.
Mayo asked questions of Dublin late. In the Kerry game they had the benefit if re-grouping at half time and to be fair, once they sorted a few things they dominated most of the 2nd half. In boxing parlance they would the last 6 rounds comfortably to win on points even though a knockout seemed likely for a good while.[/QUOTE]

Dublin were effectively down to 13 men for the last 10 minutes against Mayo with O’Carroll concussed and O’Gara’s hamstring gone. Kerry gave Dublin a much sterner examination, weren’t they leading the game with a minute or two of normal time left on the clock - that’s hardly winning pulling up. You are a a very bitter man who distorts the truth to avoid becoming accountable for the bullshit you spew.

Dublin are the best team in the country by a fair margin and if they play to their full potential then it’s hard to see them not winning it. There are a number of teams who could catch them on an off day, Tyrone, Donegal and Monaghan are all capable of catching them cold if the opportunity arises. Kerry on the other side and Mayo on the other side if they can ragin last year’s level are .

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 978765, member: 180”]FOOTBALL QUALIFIER FIXTURE DETAILS

Saturday, July 12

All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 3A Qualifiers

Sligo v Limerick, Markievicz Park, 4pm
Laois v Tipperary, O’Moore Park, Portlaoise, 4.45pm

All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 2B Qualifier

Cavan v Roscommon, Kingspan Breffni Park, 6pm

Sunday, July 13

All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 2B Qualifiers

Down v Kildare, Páirc Esler, 2pm
Carlow v Clare, Dr. Cullen Park, 2pm
Tyrone v Armagh, Omagh, 3pm[/QUOTE]

Any chance BBC Ireland will cover the Tyrone-Armagh game?

Correct.

Nothing to do with @Mac 's post but correct nonetheless.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 978758, member: 24”]A Cork friend of mine said to me this moring that Cuthbert was completely out of his depth and had to go. He pointed to the fact that he never won a Senior Title in Cork.

This is despite him saying to me during the League that he was a very shrewd operator and would be held in very high esteem by those in the know in Cork.

And they wonder why they are called bullshitters.[/QUOTE]
Sean Boylan or mick o Dwyer didn’t win counties either and Cutbert brought a previously under performing B’town to finals against one of the great Carbery teams.

Your average accountant in Dublin talking rubbish in the office is hardly new, and it’s nation wide.

@caoimhaoin on a scale of 9.5 to 10, how rattled are you by yesterday’s result?

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 978774, member: 1”]1. How do you measure possession inside the 45 as a percentage? A percentage of what? Of total possession by both teams, of possession by both teams inside the 45, of total possession by that team?

Obviously Dublin are playing a completely different brand of football to everyone else with their frequency of shots. It’s fairly easy to say that you need to upset them and starve them of ball but that’s tricky to implement against a team built with the fun demented purpose of creating an abundance of shooting opportunities. If Dublin end up with 22/23 shots then they will be in serious trouble. They haven’t been close to kicking scores at 70-80% accuracy in a long time - I doubt any intercounty team is achieving that type of success rate with any regularity, if ever.

1. No offence taken. I don’t understand what relevance soccer has here though. Or your own coaching experience. If you’re arguing that Cuthbert is making the same mistakes you are and also arguing that he deserves another chance, then you may be slightly misreading the situation. I always think managers deserve another chance (not like when you argued that McGuinness should be sacked a few months after he won the All Ireland) but you’re summarising yesterday’s match as a lesson learned for Cork, no lesson learned for Kerry.

2. Ah Dublin weren’t tested at all. They simply gave their opponents too much room in the first half and went for goal chances at every opporunity early on which has been a tactic for a while now. You have to do some contortion of logic to suggest that Dublin beating Laois about as comprehensively as expected were more impressive than Kerry hammering Cork in a Munster final.[/QUOTE]

3. This is the way it’s done. Someone is clicking this on an iPhone or pad as they go. I have a screen shot of one of ours but can’t get the photo up.

• Dublin move the ball inside 45 m line, it’s recorded as an action.
  • then the result if that is recorded, which could be
    • opposition turnover
    • shot
    • shot&wide
    • fouled for score able free (with Cluxton everything more or less is score able)
    So what you are looking for is the amount of shots you get from balls inside to be high.
    That’s clearly something Dunlin want to keep high. Of course it’s tricky to stop, you are actually agreeing with me but want to make a point to argue anyway.

Of course it all ha reference. You are very obviously doing what many people do now and buying in to the cult of the manager, which comes from soccer and the media and that the buck completely stops with him. It’s not exactly the same in GAA. And if I have seen the same mistakes before (more than just myself) in a GAA environment then of course it’s relevant to my theory. Which is all it is really at the end of the day. It’s funny that I’m accused of having a know it all attitude on all subjects (even though I only comment on 5/6 regularly) while you seem to think you know it all about any sport discussed when in fact you are here showing a fairly lose knowledge of the workings of GAA teams, their management and their approaches. McGuinness was in the job for nearly 3 years when I suggested that. Big difference. And I admitted I was wrong and he has since revived them to a very decent level. Not the same criteria for judgement.

1. Dublin were challenged by Laois far more than expected. I don’t think that is even questionable. Cork played like a division 4 team at best on Sunday. They were well below Clare in performance against Kerry. So considering Laois were ahead at half tim, Clare were a point down to Kerry and Cork were 8 behind. I think the performances of Cork pale in comparison to Clare or Laois, hence the comparison is rather simple.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978942, member: 273”]1. This is the way it’s done. Someone is clicking this on an iPhone or pad as they go. I have a screen shot of one of ours but can’t get the photo up.

• opposition turnover
    • shot
    • shot&wide
    • fouled for score able free (with Cluxton everything more or less is score able)
    So what you are looking for is the amount of shots you get from balls inside to be high.
    That’s clearly something Dunlin want to keep high. Of course it’s tricky to stop, you are actually agreeing with me but want to make a point to argue anyway.

Of course it all ha reference. You are very obviously doing what many people do now and buying in to the cult of the manager, which comes from soccer and the media and that the buck completely stops with him. It’s not exactly the same in GAA. And if I have seen the same mistakes before (more than just myself) in a GAA environment then of course it’s relevant to my theory. Which is all it is really at the end of the day. It’s funny that I’m accused of having a know it all attitude on all subjects (even though I only comment on 5/6 regularly) while you seem to think you know it all about any sport discussed when in fact you are here showing a fairly lose knowledge of the workings of GAA teams, their management and their approaches. McGuinness was in the job for nearly 3 years when I suggested that. Big difference. And I admitted I was wrong and he has since revived them to a very decent level. Not the same criteria for judgement.

1. Dublin were challenged by Laois far more than expected. I don’t think that is even questionable. Cork played like a division 4 team at best on Sunday. They were well below Clare in performance against Kerry. So considering Laois were ahead at half tim, Clare were a point down to Kerry and Cork were 8 behind. I think the performances of Cork pale in comparison to Clare or Laois, hence the comparison is rather simple.[/QUOTE]
    1 I know how to record stats, I’m asking how to measure them. There is no way on earth that Dublin’s possession stats inside the 45 have been 60-70%, much less that they’d reduce to that level. Nor is a 70-80% shot accuracy rate realistic. In your effort to sound analytical and scientific you are just inventing numbers.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978942, member: 273”]1. This is the way it’s done. Someone is clicking this on an iPhone or pad as they go. I have a screen shot of one of ours but can’t get the photo up.

• opposition turnover
    • shot
    • shot&wide

1. Dublin were challenged by Laois far more than expected. I don’t think that is even questionable. Cork played like a division 4 team at best on Sunday. They were well below Clare in performance against Kerry. So considering Laois were ahead at half tim, Clare were a point down to Kerry and Cork were 8 behind. I think the performances of Cork pale in comparison to Clare or Laois, hence the comparison is rather simple.[/QUOTE]
    2 I don’t claim to know it all about anything. I don’t. I’m just challenging obviously contradictory and warped opinions.

3 Dublin were challenged by Laois more than expected. So therefore Kerry’s win means less. Weirs logic.

Is that all you have. I destroyed your qualifier predictions by getting 100%, and then you get destroyed on your Dublin being tested last year by me and scumpot, and this is the best you can come up with.
To answer your question, not at all rattled. It was hugely disappointing, but being a Cork football person it’s always there nagging in the back of your head that anything could happen against Kerry. As I said here last week, we have to be a few points better than them to beat them as mentally we are scarred. I think we have to adopt a more kerry like approach to football. I think I have some insight into it from going to school with them and our club being full of them and being coached all my life by Kerrymen.
We’re just discussing a game on a Monday like anyone else. When you take out the onemanupship on this site there is a lot of clueless cunts talking a lot of rubbish. Because the few if us who are really involved or have in the recent past been are in a small minority you get some very misinformed one sided discussions.

You gobshite. I’m saying if the number of balls inside 45 is reduced to 60/70% of what it has been to date, then that’s the real test. How are you not grasping that.
I’m not trying to be analytical about anything, these are standards stat taking methods taken now even at Junior club. That’s you again not being able to read, trying to undermine my point, but without really understanding it.
You seem to have some sort of intellectual snobbery, when ironically your stubbornness is just ignorence. It’s was a very simple point I made, which I now explained twice. You are actually being thick as shit here.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 978947, member: 1”]2 I don’t claim to know it all about anything. I don’t. I’m just challenging obviously contradictory and warped opinions.

3 Dublin were challenged by Laois more than expected. So therefore Kerry’s win means less. Weirs logic.[/QUOTE]
2. What’s contradictory?

1. I’m assessing the performance of the teams. Dublin are the best team, so the barometer.
    But I’m assessing performances. And I find that quite easy to do.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978952, member: 273”]You gobshite. I’m saying if the number of balls inside 45 is reduced to 60/70% of what it has been to date, then that’s the real test. How are you not grasping that.
I’m not trying to be analytical about anything, these are standards stat taking methods taken now even at Junior club. That’s you again not being able to read, trying to undermine my point, but without really understanding it.
You seem to have some sort of intellectual snobbery, when ironically your stubbornness is just ignorence. It’s was a very simple point I made, which I now explained twice. You are actually being thick as shit here.[/QUOTE]
Apologies for failing to understand your incoherent and inarticulate English. Your possession number is arbitrary and pointless. Your shooting targets are aspirational, completely unrealistic and betray your total failure to understand Dublin’s approach.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978952, member: 273”]You gobshite. I’m saying if the number of balls inside 45 is reduced to 60/70% of what it has been to date, then that’s the real test. How are you not grasping that.
You seem to have some sort of intellectual snobbery, when ironically your stubbornness is just ignorence. It’s was a very simple point I made, which I now explained twice. You are actually being thick as shit here.[/QUOTE]

That is bullshit Kev.

There you go again. You can understand well enough, it’s just you covering your bull shit now.
How is the amount of times a ball goes into the oppositions defensive area as a stat pointless? That, and the result of that possession, give you very important information about your attacking play and efficiency. Where that ball comes from originally is another thing, recorded separately.
I totally understand Dublins approach. Get the ball into scoring positions as much as possible and shoot. If that amount of scoring possibilities is reduced them it follows logic Dublin will have to be more accurate or they will score less and their games may well be much closer.
To get this amount of ball they close down opposition and tackle manically to over turn. And of course they use their own kick outs also.

No it’s not. Just cos your involved with some club not doing all these things doesn’t mean everyone is. We were taking stats 10 or more years ago. That’s intermediate. I know now any serious Junior A team in Cork is.