All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Ah bollix fenway I was going to pass it off as myself.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 978850, member: 2533”]
Dublin are the best team in the country by a fair margin and if they play to their full potential then it’s hard to see them not winning it. There are a number of teams who could catch them on an off day, Tyrone, Donegal and Monaghan are all capable of catching them cold if the opportunity arises. Kerry on the other side and Mayo on the other side if they can ragin last year’s level are .[/QUOTE]

so Dublin will most likely play an Ulster team in 1/4’s and semi’s ?..and Kerry,cork and mayo are on other side ?..so Dublin are 4/6 to beat meath,2 of tyrone/Monagahan/Donegal and then either Mayo or Kerry in final…fuck that…

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978957, member: 273”]There you go again. You can understand well enough, it’s just you covering your bull shit now.
How is the amount of times a ball goes into the oppositions defensive area as a stat pointless? That, and the result of that possession, give you very important information about your attacking play and efficiency. Where that ball comes from originally is another thing, recorded separately.
I totally understand Dublins approach. Get the ball into scoring positions as much as possible and shoot. If that amount of scoring possibilities is reduced them it follows logic Dublin will have to be more accurate or they will score less and their games may well be much closer.
To get this amount of ball they close down opposition and tackle manically to over turn. And of course they use their own kick outs also.[/QUOTE]
The stat isn’t pointless. The number you assigned to it is. Reducing possession to 60-70% of what it previously was is pointless. It’s a completely meaningless and worthless number.

You keep forgetting to answer about the shooting accuracy number where you invented a wild figure as a target for Dublin. Maybe you should take some time to review the stats you have painstakingly gathered from ex pat players in Australia who used to play with junior clubs in Ireland. Shooting accuracy seems to average just over 50% and Dublin averaged 52% last year. If they are starved of possession, they are not going to suddenly hit 80%. This isn’t the Peake forward line we’re talking about here.

It doesn’t take much insight to realise that Dublin play a game based on creating as many chances as possible. It’s not very profound to suggest that teams should try to stop Dublin scoring more. It does take a special class of idiot to feign familiarity with stats and then throw out ridiculous unachievable numbers as a benchmark.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978992, member: 273”]Ah they went out to win on the day. However their training was aimed at later on and they rested mildly injured players. They were training pretty heavily up to that week. They clearly put less value in league and Munster last year.
It’s confusing due to all the changing, but I doubt they knew when they’d meet Dublin. And to be honest, after a few qualifiers it’s arguably the best time to play them.[/QUOTE]

for fuck sake what is different from a Kerry perspective heading into a munster final ? I am sure Kerry’s training is geared more so towards August, ditto Dublin. There was always a great chance of meeting Dublin in a QF if you lost a Munster Final

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 979017, member: 180”]Conor McCarthy. Thought it was harmless enough myself, nothing of note in there beyond what was obvious about Sunday. A balm for Cork wounds perhaps.
[/QUOTE]
Thought he was very easy on Cadogan and Shields myself. Criticism of them is not illogical. If they did not stand yards off their men, Cork wouldn’t have been 8 points down at half time nor 12 at full time

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 979041, member: 1”]The stat isn’t pointless. The number you assigned to it is. Reducing possession to 60-70% of what it previously was is pointless. It’s a completely meaningless and worthless number.

You keep forgetting to answer about the shooting accuracy number where you invented a wild figure as a target for Dublin. Maybe you should take some time to review the stats you have painstakingly gathered from ex pat players in Australia who used to play with junior clubs in Ireland. Shooting accuracy seems to average just over 50% and Dublin averaged 52% last year. If they are starved of possession, they are not going to suddenly hit 80%. This isn’t the Peake forward line we’re talking about here.

It doesn’t take much insight to realise that Dublin play a game based on creating as many chances as possible. It’s not very profound to suggest that teams should try to stop Dublin scoring more. It does take a special class of idiot to feign familiarity with stats and then throw out ridiculous unachievable numbers as a benchmark.[/QUOTE]
You’re 9/10 rattled now, and making a world class clown of yourself.

Your superiority complex must actually be a cunt of a thing to carry around when you realise you are not that superior at all. Like in this instance.

Do you understand how teams target, taper and plan seasons?

yes I do. You clearly don’t going around saying that Cork practically threw the game in Killarney last year

I am not sure what you mean by tapering and targeting? Cork have not beaten Kerry in Killarney since 1995! Is not giving a fuck about games v Kerry a plan dating back to then? This tapering to not give a fuck about kerry in Munster plan is not working man as it has only led to one all Ireland. They cant beat Kerry in Croke park either!

Stop pretending to be some kind of expert throwing in shite about tapering and training plans and deal with a simple fact

Cork cannot beat Kerry in Killarney or Croke Park but will beat Kerry the odd time in PUC. FFS some of the kerry team they cant beat are not even great

I was only joking kev about the bet kev but crikey mikey they were very slack throughout. It looked like they were all drugged or something. I think there should be an official independent enquiry into their performance. Fishy smell off it.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 979071, member: 1379”]yes I do. You clearly don’t going around saying that Cork practically threw the game in Killarney last year

I am not sure what you mean by tapering and targeting? Cork have not beaten Kerry in Killarney since 1995! Is not giving a fuck about games v Kerry a plan dating back to then? This tapering to not give a fuck about kerry in Munster plan is not working man as it has only led to one all Ireland. They cant beat Kerry in Croke park either!

Stop pretending to be some kind of expert throwing in shite about tapering and training plans and deal with a simple fact

Cork cannot beat Kerry in Killarney or Croke Park but will beat Kerry the odd time in PUC. FFS some of the kerry team they cant beat are not even great[/QUOTE]
To be honest, ignorance is bliss for you. I wouldn’t be able to explain it all to you in a post, but you haven’t a notion of the goings on if you don’t believe teams don’t do what I’m suggesting. I’m not trying to pass myself off as anything but there is a hell if a lot of lads here who haven’t a notion what goes on and somehow get upset by what I say, I can only surmise they feel uninformed about it. Others if course either know it or accept it as informative.
I actually completely disagreed with their approach. Do you really believe they didn’t start Sheehan cos he was deemed not good enough? As you say, in your typically defensive Kerry way, Kerry won and have done for 20 years. I believe a win last year would have been great for Cork and thought their tactics, attitude and selection were pretty foolish.
You seem to take it as an personal insult that Cork may have undervalued the final last year, but it’s just something they did. I believe they felt they were a team a long time on the go and didn’t want to put in too much too early in and felt they put too much into the previous years Munster and league and after the AI it may have increased their injuries.
It all make perfect sense really. The fact they came back was out of pure embarrassment. In Sunday they didn’t have Sheehan or o Connor. That’s the big difference.

Ya it was scandalous. Hard to believe really. Kerry would hardly expect 24 points off London.

That’s what happens when managers listen to other people too much apparently.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 979049, member: 273”]You’re 9/10 rattled now, and making a world class clown of yourself.

Your superiority complex must actually be a cunt of a thing to carry around when you realise you are not that superior at all. Like in this instance.[/QUOTE]
I’m far from rattled Kevin. I’m just enjoying referencing the numbers you invented in the sorry belief that it would sound like you had some statistical or analytical support for your theories.

I don’t know why you won’t just explain why you think a 70-80% shooting accuracy is realistic. Maybe you could start off by citing when Dublin last achieved such a figure.

I think the copyright at the bottom might have given it away, and quite frankly having read your posts on here, there’s not a single person who would mistake you for someone who deals in the english language for a living.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 979078, member: 273”]To be honest, ignorance is bliss for you. I wouldn’t be able to explain it all to you in a post, but you haven’t a notion of the goings on if you don’t believe teams don’t do what I’m suggesting. I’m not trying to pass myself off as anything but there is a hell if a lot of lads here who haven’t a notion what goes on and somehow get upset by what I say, I can only surmise they feel uninformed about it. Others if course either know it or accept it as informative.
I actually completely disagreed with their approach. Do you really believe they didn’t start Sjeehan cos he was deemed not good enough? As you say, in your typically defensive Kerry way, Kerry won and have done for 20 years. I believe a win last year would have been great for Cork and thought their tactics, attitude and selection were pretty foolish.
You seem to take it as an personal insult that Cork may have undervalued the final last year, but it’s just something they did. I believe they felt they were a team a long time on the go and didn’t want to out in too much early in and felt yet out too much into the previous years Munster and league and after the AI it may have increased their injuries.
It all make perfect sense really. The fact they arm back was out if pure embarrassment. In Sunday they didn’t have Sheehan or o Connor. That’s the big difference.[/QUOTE]

Get this into your nopper. Every team with an ambition of winning an Ireland tapers their training to peak around all Ireland quarter final weekend. Cork, Kerry, Dublin etc. Kerry and Dublin seem to have it down to an art where they actually do give a fuck about winning games that come before they peak and not perform like manure in their provincial final. Cork could surely have played well on sunday even if they aiming to peak later on??

I dont know why Cork didnt start Ciaran Sheehan last year. You have labelled Cork foolish so it is possible that they would do anything team selection wise. Its not a surprise Ciaran Sheehan was left off the team in Killarney last year. Sure look at some of the defenders ye started in all Ireland finals v Kerry !!! Eoin Cadagon is getting cleaned very big game he plays now yet Cork still start him.

in summary I reckon Cork’s inability to perform v Kerry is down to lack of ability and belief more so than some overall grand training and tapering plan to peak later in the year

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 979041, member: 1”]The stat isn’t pointless. The number you assigned to it is. Reducing possession to 60-70% of what it previously was is pointless. It’s a completely meaningless and worthless number.

It doesn’t take much insight to realise that Dublin play a game based on creating as many chances as possible. It’s not very profound to suggest that teams should try to stop Dublin scoring more. It does take a special class of idiot to feign familiarity with stats and then throw out ridiculous unachievable numbers as a benchmark.[/QUOTE]
That’s a clamping & a royal mugging off right there. :clap:

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 979078, member: 273”]To be honest, ignorance is bliss for you. I wouldn’t be able to explain it all to you in a post, but you haven’t a notion of the goings on if you don’t believe teams don’t do what I’m suggesting. I’m not trying to pass myself off as anything but there is a hell if a lot of lads here who haven’t a notion what goes on and somehow get upset by what I say, I can only surmise they feel uninformed about it. Others if course either know it or accept it as informative.
I actually completely disagreed with their approach. Do you really believe they didn’t start Sheehan cos he was deemed not good enough? As you say, in your typically defensive Kerry way, Kerry won and have done for 20 years. I believe a win last year would have been great for Cork and thought their tactics, attitude and selection were pretty foolish.
You seem to take it as an personal insult that Cork may have undervalued the final last year, but it’s just something they did. I believe they felt they were a team a long time on the go and didn’t want to put in too much too early in and felt they put too much into the previous years Munster and league and after the AI it may have increased their injuries.
It all make perfect sense really. The fact they came back was out of pure embarrassment. In Sunday they didn’t have Sheehan or o Connor. That’s the big difference.[/QUOTE]

are you a school teacher?

very school teachery tone to that post

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 979094, member: 1379”]are you a school teacher?

very school teachery tone to that post[/QUOTE]
Christ I hope not.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 979094, member: 1379”]are you a school teacher?

very school teachery tone to that post[/QUOTE]
That tone is correctness. He oozes it. If it had a smell, I imagine it would be scented of Septic Tank.

Golden. :smiley: