All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 979094, member: 1379”]are you a school teacher?

very school teachery tone to that post[/QUOTE]

Having another pop at school teachers, Kev?

It’s obvious from your posting that you struggle to see other people’s point of view, are unable to compromise and often make things up in an attempt to win debates (my two year old is a massive fan of this technique) but your continual teacher bashing points to a problem with authority figures in the past.
I would have thought that a man with your holistic views of life, wide range of acquaintances (not to mention obviously knowing half the teachers of Ireland through the GAA) would have matured and seen the light when it comes to being able to accept criticism and direction. Maybe this is why, having played most sports to a high level, you were never able to really excel and get to the highest level.

What do you think?

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 979114, member: 53”]Having another pop at school teachers, Kev?

It’s obvious from your posting that you struggle to see other people’s point of view, are unable to compromise and often make things up in an attempt to win debates (my two year old is a massive fan of this technique) but your continual teacher bashing points to a problem with authority figures in the past.
I would have thought that a man with your holistic views of life, wide range of acquaintances (not to mention obviously knowing half the teachers of Ireland through the GAA) would have matured and seen the light when it comes to being able to accept criticism and direction. Maybe this is why, having played most sports to a high level, you were never able to really excel and get to the highest level.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]
:popcorn:

[QUOTE=“Juhniallio, post: 979114, member: 53”]Having another pop at school teachers, Kev?

Kev?

Analysis which has the temerity not to blame hurling or dual players for Cork football scutter
http://action81.com/blog/?p=7856

[QUOTE=“ALBERT***, post: 979124, member: 1133”]Analysis which has the temerity not to blame hurling or dual players for Cork football scutter
http://action81.com/blog/?p=7856[/QUOTE]
I won’t be following that spoofer.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 979083, member: 1”]I’m far from rattled Kevin. I’m just enjoying referencing the numbers you invented in the sorry belief that it would sound like you had some statistical or analytical support for your theories.

I don’t know why you won’t just explain why you think a 70-80% shooting accuracy is realistic. Maybe you could start off by citing when Dublin last achieved such a figure.[/QUOTE]
I didn’t, I’m assuming that what they would to need to start hitting if their chances get seriously decreased. Maybe 60% would be enough, it really depends on the oppositions forwards and game play.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 979094, member: 1379”]are you a school teacher?

very school teachery tone to that post[/QUOTE]
You needed schooling.

That smells of backtrack, the stench is clear.

Yes. The imbalance of the draw is very frustrating but Monaghan and Tyrone in particular have had it much tougher than Dublin who also have a tricky path.

Jesus that’s a big fuck up there. Apologies to Kev. I’m busy today and shouldn’t be on here in the first place.

Did you not leave the pub since the weekend?
I hve great time for the majority of teachers. At least the ones who are it cos they live teaching.
As for accepting others views? What about exactly. A lot of the conversation has nothing to do with views. Kerry doesn’t believe something I know is fact. What can I do about that?
A bizarre attack.

Apologies accepted, and I’m sorry about the alco jibe.

Rob Carroll is the lad to follow if you have an interest.

The draw will help Monaghan. The tougher the better, Gaelic teams play fuck all games. Momentum has been proven several times to be a huge help.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 979088, member: 1379”]Get this into your nopper. Every team with an ambition of winning an Ireland tapers their training to peak around all Ireland quarter final weekend. Cork, Kerry, Dublin etc. Kerry and Dublin seem to have it down to an art where they actually do give a fuck about winning games that come before they peak and not perform like manure in their provincial final. Cork could surely have played well on sunday even if they aiming to peak later on??

I dont know why Cork didnt start Ciaran Sheehan last year. You have labelled Cork foolish so it is possible that they would do anything team selection wise. Its not a surprise Ciaran Sheehan was left off the team in Killarney last year. Sure look at some of the defenders ye started in all Ireland finals v Kerry !!! Eoin Cadagon is getting cleaned very big game he plays now yet Cork still start him.

in summary I reckon Cork’s inability to perform v Kerry is down to lack of ability and belief more so than some overall grand training and tapering plan to peak later in the year[/QUOTE]
Last year and this year are like chalk and cheese.
Cork clearly aimed for Sunday. They are plenty good enough, all those players have beaten Kerry at plenty levels. It’s mentally Cork are brutally weak, that I agree with. I also agree on Cadogan. Ever since he went to Australia he has been shite, even for Douglas apparently. I also agree timing or tapering has little to do with Sunday, however I’m convinced Sunday just gone has a lot to do with a change in plans recently. Cork looked utterly confused an I do believe the Kerry performance had more to do with Corks bottling than Kerry’s brilliance. Cork hardly tackled them FFS, it was so bad it wa almost funny. It all started with Cadogan as well and that ridiculous hand pass.

It’s just explanation. Which I have to do a fair bit of cos lads come in half way thru a conversation and jump in without knowing what’s the fuck is going on or what the context is.

I don’t think Monaghan would have fancied the prospect of games against Tyrone and Armagh with the prospect of being dumped into the tough end of the qualifiers at such an early stage. You talk about teams wanting to peak at the qf stage. Given the structure of the draw this year the likes of Tyrone and Monaghan need to peak much earlier.

There is a certain amount of luck alright.
Look the championship is shite, there is no balance to it, but I don’t believe it’s as disadvantaged as you think it is to ulster. Plenty teams have got bad luck. Being free for 4-6 weeks and then playing a battle hardened team was a problem for others, even possibly Kerry now. There is no logic to it. It only gets fair after the 1/4’s

Flip flop.

bollox…Monaghan of all teams are so fuckin physical and have a ridiculously high workrate…you need time to recover from the way they play and the hits they put in…the work they are going to have to do if they get to croker will be massive as they leave such a big gap between 2 inside forwards and half forward line…