All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Are you basing this on Monaghan of today? Or the last few years? They are not as manic a they used to be, much more measured.

And if they win Ulster they are getting perfect breaks.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 979163, member: 273”]Are you basing this on Monaghan of today? Or the last few years? They are not as manic a they used to be, much more measured.

And if they win Ulster they are getting perfect breaks.[/QUOTE]

the one that broke Mark McHugh in two this time last year…Monaghan always play a very physical brand of football…both in club and county…they will have to tweak the game plan a bit when they reach croker…

Ya I agree, it’s something I said about them in the past. However at the end if the day they still rely too much on one forward.
I’d live to see them win it though.

A possible suggestion at the end of the interview that Cork did change tact in recent times.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/rebels-now-fighting-to-save-season-goulding-274941.html

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 981218, member: 273”]A possible suggestion at the end of the interview that Cork did change tact in recent times.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/rebels-now-fighting-to-save-season-goulding-274941.html[/QUOTE]

Yeah seems to suggest that they tried tailor a game plan too late in the day. But even so, you’d still expect them to be able to revert to plan b, or back to their original style of play. My biggest criticism of them was to keep doing the same thing over and over for 70 minutes despite it clearly not working. Kerry got a massive platform at midfield winning kick outs, yet not once did cork try change their kick out. Just kept hoofing it straight down the middle where Kerry were dominating. Really poor stuff, and very basic too.

Ruiri Deane was actually a massive loss in rectifying that. He is extremely competitive in the middle, by far his strongest attribute.
But your general point is right, dreadful sideline management.
Kerry had 3 men dropping back, DOS, Buckley and Walsh. Thing to do was send up a man marker on O Sullivan and leave your other 2 in front if the full back line. It means your midfield and forwards have to work hard and tackle selflessly. Donnacha O Connor, Hurley, Colm O Driscoll, Collins, Walsh, Gould, Kelly all have this in them. Problem is Goulding and Colm O Neill don’t and are almost luxuries on your team and they would let such a way of counter acting that Kerry play down badly, nobody can not work hard. The way to counter act that 1/4 back play is to man mark him. Kinda like Noel O Leary did to Clarke in 2010.
I can tell you though, this 1/4 back thing is not new, despite claims Fitzmaurice came up with it this year.

What channels are showing what games? As usual its impossible to find

Scraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!

WTF is going on up their @myboyblue ? That scoreline :eek:

Laois getting hammered.

delighted

Well done tipp, pity their own crowd don’t follow them

Fantastic. Queens County full of losers

Cavan 0-02 Roscommon 0-03 at HT.

Cavan are a fucking disgrace.

Cavan 0-2 Roscommon 0-09

Delighted to see Rosscommon and Tipp repay the faith i’ve had in them. Waiting for a big Galway performance now as well.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 982253, member: 2533”]Cavan 0-02 Roscommon 0-03 at HT.

Cavan are a fucking disgrace.[/QUOTE]

And Cavan are from the centre of footballing excellence that is Ulster and all.

Cavan are a constant embarrassment and occasional disgrace in Ulster. Terry Hyland will probably get the road after that - a fuckwit of the highest order.

Don’t think it’ll be tomorrow, but we are well able to win a qualifier and make Croker.

What’s the story of teams facing each other in round 4 of the qualifiers who have already faced each other?

Presumably if they can’t meet it will be:

Cork v Sligo
Mayo/Galway v Tipperary