All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 982432, member: 2533”]What’s the story of teams facing each other in round 4 of the qualifiers who have already faced each other?

Presumably if they can’t meet it will be:

Cork v Sligo
Mayo/Galway v Tipperary[/QUOTE]

What about Roscommon and whatever Nordie team wins tomorrow?

Different side of the draw.

Thanks mate. Jaysus I wouldn’t fancy tipp, is it home or away or neutral?

Neutral.

Presumably a double header in Croker? 3 of last years Round 4 games were held in Croke Park.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 982441, member: 2533”]Neutral.

Presumably a double header in Croker? 3 of last years Round 4 games were held in Croke Park.[/QUOTE]

Sound, they’d hardly drag us and tipp up there. I think our forwards would go well there though.

The Garth brooks crisis could have an effect here too.

Last year was a triple header with London - Cavan, Galway - Cork, Tyrone - Meath so I would probably imagine there would not be sufficient interest in these games to be held at Croke Park. I don’t think Cork, Galway and Tipperary fans have fervent followings in football at this stage and Sligo are probably heading into this match with the expectation of getting flogged so a crowd of about 12k would be optimistic.

I would imagine the 4B games would definitely be held in Croke Park. Portlaoise would probably be the venue for Cork - Sligo and Limerick for Tipperary - Galway.

Last year was a triple header with London - Cavan, Galway - Cork, Tyrone - Meath so I would probably imagine there would not be sufficient interest in these games to be held at Croke Park. I don’t think Cork, Galway and Tipperary fans have fervent followings in football at this stage and Sligo are probably heading into this match with the expectation of getting flogged so a crowd of about 12k would be optimistic.

I would imagine the 4B games would definitely be held in Croke Park. Portlaoise would probably be the venue for Cork - Sligo and Limerick for Tipperary - Galway.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 982447, member: 2533”]Last year was a triple header with London - Cavan, Galway - Cork, Tyrone - Meath so I would probably imagine there would not be sufficient interest in these games to be held at Croke Park. I don’t think Cork, Galway and Tipperary fans have fervent followings in football at this stage and Sligo are probably heading into this match with the expectation of getting flogged so a crowd of about 12k would be optimistic.

I would imagine the 4B games would definitely be held in Croke Park. Portlaoise would probably be the venue for Cork - Sligo and Limerick for Tipperary - Galway.[/QUOTE]

cork footballers are a disgrace and rightly have no followers, if its against Sligo itll be played in Miltown-Malbay in front of 800 and Sligo will win easy

A deserved win Harry, fine footballing team team, ridiculously open game, great to watch in a bizarre throwback kind of way. The black card for Meredith and Munnellys first half injury done for us but they put up a fair fight to pull back te 10 points. Disappointing nonetheless. So be it.

The Tipp football team got a standing ovation from the sizeable Tipp crowd at both half time and full time today.

i can personally vouch for that. The Tipp crowd well outnumbered the Laois support and were way more vocal.
Tipp footballers gave an exhibition in the first half and when Laois came back at them in the second they showed tremendous backbone to push on for the win.

[QUOTE=“maroonandwhite, post: 982442, member: 1406”]Sound, they’d hardly drag us and tipp up there. I think our forwards would go well there though.

The Garth brooks crisis could have an effect here too.[/QUOTE]
Tipp down to play a hurling q/f that weekend could mean another double header.
Getting great value out of the season tickets this year. €30 yesterday for 2 adults and 2 juveniles for two matches :pint::clap:

The tipp crowd was sizeable as the hurlers were playing!

[QUOTE=“Mullach Ide, post: 982648, member: 141”]Tipp down to play a hurling q/f that weekend could mean another double header.
Getting great value out of the season tickets this year. €30 yesterday for 2 adults and 2 juveniles for two matches :pint::clap:[/QUOTE]

The prospect of seeing a good hurling quarter and the Galway footballers play instead of another game of football has me giddy. That’s great value, but the price of tickets has been excellent anyway.

Good to know.

Your faith was all they needed Kev.

Fact.

Martin carney is a fucking dose

Great goal from Mayo. Cillian O Connor is a fantastic player.

Mayo get away with murder in the tackle, fouling absolutely every time.

Galway are kicking this away. Should have 5 or 6 more points on the board here but some terrible wides are killing them.

Clare giving Carlow a trimming - 1-14 to 1-4 approaching h/t