All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

It’s not that easy to change unless you have very particular personnel on the line. A lot if coaches even at professional level, and arguably correctly again depending on players available, believe in being very very good at one thing is better policy than trying to be multi flexible and half good at lots of things.
Even Dublin for all their strengths play one way. Arsenal with all their money play one way. Barcelona did. Etc etc.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 986863, member: 2533”]My team of the Championship so far:

1. Beggan

2. Cooper

3. Wylie

4. Walshe

5. Keegan

6. McKeever

7. Mone

8. Maher

9. Hughes

10. Flynn

11. Dyas

12. McHugh

13. Clarke

14. O’Connor

15. O’Donoghue

Obviously harder to guage the likes of Mayo and Kerry players yet as they haven’t really played anyone of substance yet, could say the same for Dublin too.[/QUOTE]
You are one serious joker

[ATTACH=full]1512[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1513[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1514[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1516[/ATTACH]

I enjoyed my first ever Ulster Final. Not a thrilling free flowing game (as expected) but good occasion nonetheless.

Donegal were very worthy winners but Drew Wylie is surely the best man marker in football these days. He’s some operator.

It would appear that Bandage is tapping a Monaghan bird.

[QUOTE=“Dirty Hands Walter, post: 987018, member: 9”][ATTACH=full]1512[/ATTACH]

I enjoyed my first ever Ulster Final. Not a thrilling free flowing game (as expected) but good occasion nonetheless.

Donegal were very worthy winners but Drew Wylie is surely the best man marker in football these days. He’s some operator.[/QUOTE]

Clones is a terrific venue for an Ulster final. Albeit a small town with dreadful traffic issues, the hatred propagated by the them/us brigade has waned over the years, it remains a mighty venue for an Ulster final.

so what do you think now? with all your Ulster persecution complex, there is a load of shit in the media about the incident in the Dublin Meath game, and not one mention of the many similar type incidents in the Ulster final game?

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php?attachments/imageuploadedbytfk-thefreekick-com1405896030-810358-jpg.1516/

They love an aul straw hat up in Monaghan.

Delighted for Donegal and Jim McGuinness, another Ulster Cup for them and they are ticking along nicely. They will put it up to the Dubs

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 986863, member: 2533”]My team of the Championship so far:

[/QUOTE]
This will be fun.

1. Beggan - Hennelly has been superb, but not a massive call either way

2. Cooper - didn’t even play yesterday. Higgins has been better.

3. Wylie - fair enough

4. Walshe - several better players, not at same level as last year. Enright did a great job on Hurley.

5. Keegan - fair enough

6. McKeever - impressive saturday, wouldn’t argue based on that, poor the other game i saw though.

7. Mone - No way, James McCarthy has been superb

8. Maher - :smiley: Not even the best Kerry midfielder. You moron. Did you even watch the Kerry game? Sheehan was far more effective. And not to mention reports from Kerrymen that Brennan lorded it over Kerry in Munster semi-final.

9. Hughes - McCauley no question

10. Flynn - I ask why? Nowhere near his normal standard, bar yesterday Connolly has been much better.

11. Dyas - :smiley: Alan Brogan by an absolute mile. Nobody within an asses roar. Aidan O Se and Declan O Sullivan gave better performances as well to date.

12. McHugh - Good, but Kevin McLoughlin is better and has been to date as well.

13. Clarke - fair enough, although i’d go with the 2 Kerry lads

14. O’Connor - yip, Cillian I assume?

15. O’Donoghue - ya, but over 2 games Geaney probably deserves it more.

You had one Dublin player, One? No Tipp? i think you should retire from the GAA threads after that.

1. Beggan

2. Cooper

3. Wylie

4. Walshe

5. Keegan

6. McKeever

7. Mone

8. Maher

9. Hughes

10. Flynn

11. Dyas

12. McHugh

13. Clarke

14. O’Connor

15. O’Donoghue

Obviously harder to guage the likes of Mayo and Kerry players yet as they haven’t really played anyone of substance yet, could say the same for Dublin too.[/QUOTE]

How Conor Sweeney isn’t on this team I don’t know. Highest scorer from play in the championship with an average of 4 points per game. Not to mention he is the highest scorer when you take placed balls into account as well.

You are talking about someone who watches games thru twitter.

[QUOTE=“Dirty Hands Walter, post: 987018, member: 9”][ATTACH=full]1512[/ATTACH]

Donegal were very worthy winners but Drew Wylie is surely the best man marker in football these days. He’s some operator.[/QUOTE]
Better than Higgins?

I think so but I really don’t like Mayo.

Clones is a colder poor mans Killarney

I’m only commenting on games and players I’ve seen. Unlike you, I won’t try and pass opinions off without some degree of a basis.

Kev, do you think Connolly has been much better than Flynn this year? I think he’s been shit to be honest, other than his club performance. He was useless against Wexford, and only average against Laois. And again anonymous yesterday. It may be a case that he doesnt need to be doing anything as Dublin are destroying teams, but still, Connolly isnt anywhere near a team of the year right now.

But by picking Cooper you admit to watching Dublin and by picking any Kerry lad you admit to watching them, which makes your selections completely absurd and you are either lying, guessing or trying to be controversial.

I wouldn’t have him on there possibly, just showing that even on the Dublin team there was better. I do believe he was better than Flynn, i thought he was very good against Laois and when needed at the start was good against Wexford. he fades in games these days as they are won, which is completely the opposite to what he did do.
Flynn keeps his best for the big day, he could be FOTY yet.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 987143, member: 273”]I wouldn’t have him on there possibly, just showing that even on the Dublin team there was better. I do believe he was better than Flynn, i thought he was very good against Laois and when needed at the start was good against Wexford. he fades in games these days as they are won, which is completely the opposite to what he did do.
Flynn keeps his best for the big day, he could be FOTY yet.[/QUOTE]

I’d be disagreeing there to be honest. Think Flynn has been better than Connolly so far. Been more consistent and active whereas Connolly has been strolling around doing fuck all really or making any impact.

But that means I’d be agreeing with that bomber loon. so I’m torn really.

I have seen both Kerry and Dublin this year. Dublin 3 times and Kerry once. There are also two Dublin players on the team. The reason Ulster dominates the players selected is due to the amount of competitive games played against decent opposition. You haven’t seen Tipperary bar about 4 minutes worth of highlights and they haven’t beaten anyone of note really.