All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 987153, member: 112”]I’d be disagreeing there to be honest. Think Flynn has been better than Connolly so far. Been more consistent and active whereas Connolly has been strolling around doing fuck all really or making any impact.

But that means I’d be agreeing with that bomber loon. so I’m torn really.[/QUOTE]
Despite what the more sensitives think here, as you know, its ok to disagree ith me. I think yiou should go with Flynn. However it isn’t that hard a stretch to find another 2 half forwards to fall in there. Buckley was superb against Cork.

There are two decent teams in Ulster, they played yesterday. Armagh would be a middling team, thats it Ulster is shit, competitive and dogged, but low skill levels.

Your inferiority complex is creeping out again.

Back to this utterly bizarre post again. What point are you attempting to make here? That it would be a huge revelation I would watch 4 televised games? As I have said I am going on the basis of games and players I have seen, weighted by the oposition played.

Interesting you having a pop at Cooper and Flynn when they have got the man of the match awards in two of Dublin’s three matches.

Mone, Walshe and Hughes have been terrific for Monaghan this year and Dyas has been imperative to Armagh’s run this year and I can’t think of anyone more worthy to be included ahead of them.

What sort of an injury does Ger Brennan have? Is he likely to be be back any time soon?

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 987198, member: 2533”]Back to this utterly bizarre post again. What point are you attempting to make here? That it would be a huge revelation I would watch 4 televised games? As I have said I am going on the basis of games and players I have seen, weighted by the oposition played.

Interesting you having a pop at Cooper and Flynn when they have got the man of the match awards in two of Dublin’s three matches.

Mone, Walshe and Hughes have been terrific for Monaghan this year and Dyas has been imperative to Armagh’s run this year and I can’t think of anyone more worthy to be included ahead of them.[/QUOTE]
Alan Brogan and MDM are the heart beat of possibly one of the greatest teams ever an you don’t see it.
What “pop” did I have? You clearly had a look at MOTM’s to come up with the team if you are referencing that.
Picking Anthony Maher is the most farcical thing of all, and has no justification whatsoever.

Anyway carry on, I don’t think I have to expose your foolishness anymore, it’s there for all to see.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 987286, member: 273”]Alan Brogan and MDM are the heart beat of possibly one of the greatest teams ever an you don’t see it.
What “pop” did I have? You clearly had a look at MOTM’s to come up with the team if you are referencing that.
Picking Anthony Maher is the most farcical thing of all, and has no justification whatsoever.

Anyway carry on, I don’t think I have to expose your foolishness anymore, it’s there for all to see.[/QUOTE]

So first of all I was trying to be controversial, now you are saying I’m basing it MOTM awards. This sort of a flip flop debating style is one of the main reasons why you have zero credibility on here.

I picked the best players in the matches I have seen. Mayer was brilliant against Cork and his distribution is excellent, your hyperbolic dismissal of his ability is perfectly in line with your reputation on here as a spoofer.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 987318, member: 2533”]So first of all I was trying to be controversial, now you are saying I’m basing it MOTM awards. This sort of a flip flop debating style is one of the main reasons why you have zero credibility on here.

I picked the best players in the matches I have seen. Mayer was brilliant against Cork and his distribution is excellent, your hyperbolic dismissal of his ability is perfectly in line with your reputation on here as a spoofer.[/QUOTE]
Thats the thing, i don’t seek credibility here. You should spend less time seeking it yourself.

Oh don’t worry, there’s absolutely no fear of you being seen as credible on here. Or anywhere you pedal your bullshit for that matter.

Perfectly straightforward really

Times, dates and venues have been confirmed for a number of forthcoming fixtures in the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship.
There are also fixture details confirmed for the Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship quarter-finals.

Saturday, August 2
All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 4B Qualifiers
Meath v Armagh, Croke Park, 5pm - Live on Sky Sports
Kildare v Monaghan, Croke Park, 7pm - Live on Sky Sports
Sunday, August 3
All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter-Finals
Kerry v Round 4A Winner, Croke Park, 2pm* - Live on RTÉ
Mayo v Round 4A Winner, Croke Park, 4pm*- Live on RTÉ

• If either/both Galway or Cork win their Rd 4a games, there will not require to be a quarter final draw as Kerry cannot meet Cork again at this stage and Mayo cannot meet Galway. If neither win, there will be a draw to determine which of the Rd 4a winners (Sligo, Tipperary) play which of the Provincial Champions in the All Ireland Quarter Finals.

Saturday, August 9
All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter-Finals
Donegal v Round 4B Winner, Croke Park, 4pm* - Live on Sky Sports
Dublin v Round 4B Winner, Croke Park, 6pm* - Live on Sky Sports
*If either/both Meath or Monaghan win their Rd 4b games, there will not require to be a quarter final draw as Donegal cannot meet Monaghan again at this stage and Dublin cannot meet Meath. If neither win, there will be a draw to determine which of the Rd 4b winners (Armagh, Kildare) play which of the Provincial Champions in the All Ireland Quarter Finals.

FORTHCOMING MINOR FIXTURES
Electric Ireland All-Ireland Minor Football Championship Quarter-Finals
Saturday, August 2
Donegal v Roscommon, Markievicz Park, 3pm
Sunday, August 3
Mayo v Armagh, Croke Park, 12pm
Monday, August 4
Dublin v Cork, Semple Stadium, 2pm
Kerry v Kildare, Semple Stadium, 3.45pm

Oh really?

Name dropping to add credence to your arguments and referencing your “expertise” could never be construed as someone trying to lend themselves credibility.

You had a Meath full back belting away at a lad lying on the ground, another Meath fella gouging the mouth of the same player and a biting incident. I wonder how many suspensions will arise from this, there was needle in the Ulster final but nothing on a comparable level to what went on at Croke Park.

And it’s all in the media. You tried make out like Ulster games were the only ones who get that attention

No needle. Flailings of a beaten frustrated team. Dublin showed restraint as they are well drilled and if you get suspended you may well lose your place for rest of season.

Armagh seem to engage in tactical premeditated melees.

It was the same ‘incident’ you gom

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 987286, member: 273”]Alan Brogan and MDM are the heart beat of possibly one of the greatest teams ever an you don’t see it.

Anyway carry on, I don’t think I have to expose your foolishness anymore, it’s there for all to see.[/QUOTE]
As great a player as Alan Brogan is, I think that’s a bit premature.

He didn’t play any league or championship last year. So he has only played in 3 facile championship wins on this team.

What did you chaps make of Donegal yesterday? I thought it was really efficient and clinical. Close to their 2012 best in terms of organisation and control of the game. They could do with another scoring forward perhaps as McFadden seems to be struggling to find his best form and Murphy is playing very deep. McBearty had a really positive impact when introduced and MacNiallais had a superb game and kicked two particularly wonderful points. Ryan McHugh was brilliant too.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 987549, member: 1”]As great a player as Alan Brogan is, I think that’s a bit premature.

He didn’t play any league or championship last year. So he has only played in 3 facile championship wins on this team.[/QUOTE]
They are a better team than last year Rocko and for all the talk about subs and what not it’s he is making the difference. At this point in time he is much better and more consistent than CK was, however normal that would be. He was superb yesterday, unmarkable. They can’t seem to find him, he ghosts in and out of it. It’s super intelligent play.
He needs to be tagged in a Marty Clarke type of way for anyone to have a chance. He brings the other players into the game so well and he is two passes ahead of everyone. They all seem to know behind the ball that when he gets it you make a run for an eventual off load.
He was a big loss in 2013, but the new influx softened the blow a bit last year. He is in the form of his life.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 987584, member: 273”]They are a better team than last year Rocko and for all the talk about subs and what not it’s he is making the difference. At this point in time he is much better and more consistent than CK was, however normal that would be. He was superb yesterday, unmarkable. They can’t seem to find him, he ghosts in and out of it. It’s super intelligent play.
He needs to be tagged in a Marty Clarke type of way for anyone to have a chance. He brings the other players into the game so well and he is two passes ahead of everyone. They all seem to know behind the ball that when he gets it you make a run for an eventual off load.
He was a big loss in 2013, but the new influx softened the blow a bit last year. He is in the form of his life.[/QUOTE]
I’m not disputing any of that - he’s a great player and is having a big influence. But he hasn’t yet played a role in any important championship games on this team.

[QUOTE=“Dirty Hands Walter, post: 987563, member: 9”]What did you chaps make of Donegal yesterday? I thought it was really efficient and clinical. Close to their 2012 best in terms of organisation and control of the game. They could do with another scoring forward perhaps as McFadden seems to be struggling to find his best form and Murphy is playing very deep. McBearty had a really positive impact when introduced and MacNiallais had a superb game and kicked two particularly wonderful points. Ryan McHugh was brilliant too.
[/QUOTE]
Agree with most of that mate but don’t think they are quite at 2012 levels yet.

MacNiallais has been outstanding. He’d be one of my All Star midfielders as things stand