All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

fast, not sure about standard overall though, some of the shooting was poor. Better than previous game though.

Don’t think so

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 989880, member: 273”]you know my auld lad?
Pretty pointless point. BY your standards knowing who was an umpire in the '62 final is football knowledge.

Of course the above disagreement is not about football, its about sports physiology, neurology and psychology. And its based on fact and anecdotal and peer reviewed science. Yer man is an ape.[/QUOTE]

Miles Kington “Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a tomato doesn’t belong in a fruit salad.”

I would suspect Cummins is a very very frustrating player

Danny Cummins. A name fondly remembered by Dubliners.

I was being sarcastic, Kev but what I know about football could be written on the back of a fagbox.

Doubt it. Plenty of Achesons in Clonmel and Waterford. All Catholics.

dont be so harsh on yourself mate

Really think Quinlivan is very overrated due to being a star at minor

Brian O’Driscoll credits himself with that saying.

Miles is a thief

The speed off the mark of the Tipp keeper:eek::D:p

It’s impossible to think they have no one better than him.

Well you’ll go well here.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 989868, member: 273”]Your point is not correct, you are 100% wrong, flat out unbelievably wrong. If you were right any number of players would never have become famous and made the top. Lets stop your foolishness now, i’ve nearly finished a degree in sports science, i’ve 16-17 years coaching experience from u-8 to professional sports and i have played sport for 30 years.
You’re an internet troll. Lets leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

Well done on nearly finishing a degree in your mid 30s. You are offering an opinion, it is not fact, there are plenty of wonderfully talented players down the years who never made the top level due to their own sporting intelligence and plenty of moderately skilled players who had great careers because their intuition, reading of the game and decision making was of the top level .

You can’t train good decision making, you can offer advice, encouragement and motivation, you can train for match situations but at the end of the day the player can’t run around with with an instruction manual or phone a friend when he comes to making a split second decision on a pitch. It comes down to instinct and top players have the best instinct, it’s what makes them the best. At the end of the day every player is on the pitch on their own when it comes to the choices they make, players generally develop on their experiences and their intelligence grows from their own games they play and things they learn, if they haven’t figured something out for themselves then I don’t think anyone else explaining it to them will make much of a difference when they have split seconds to choose.

Kerrigan may be a fit lad, he may have great pace and be a great ball carrier and he may be able to take great scores but he has not learned, he’s not any better a player than he was when he broke through the ranks and that’s due to something thant can’t be trained by anyone else.

The fact you are calling someone else a bullshitter on here is risible.

That Shane Walsh for Galway seems a talent

Shane Walsh :clap:

An outstanding prospect. But it’s Galway so, yknow.

Serious player. Seems to have it all.

Looks like he trained hard over the winter.