All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

I’d like to categorically state I have never jizzed over any young lad, in a GAA jersey or not. I can’t be clear enough about this point. @Rocko[/USER] you may want to keep hold of [USER=182]@Bisto details however, they may be required some day.

It was foolish, the simple and intelligent play was to play in the free man. He closed his eyes and hit it. Best of luck to him for it, but it was foolish and he got lucky. The good players place the ball, any goalie will tell you and I’ll tag in @Rintintin here, they love to see a fella close his eyes and blast it.

Feel free to insult and talk about abusing young boys all you like, it doesn’t make me any less right.

Derry (SFC v Donegal) - Thomas Mallon; Dermot McBride, Gareth McKinless, Chrissy McKaigue; Kevin Johnston, Mark Lynch, Gerard O’Kane; Fergal Doherty, Patsy Bradley; Ciaran McFaul, Sean Leo McGoldrick, Enda Lynn; Benny Heron, Emmett McGuckin, Cailean O’Boyle.

Subs: Eoin McNicholl, Conor McAtamney, Aidan McAlynn, Charlie Kielt, Mark Craig, Oisin Duffy, Niall Holly, Carlus McWilliams, Emmet Bradley, Ryan Bell, Ciaran McGoldrick, Declan Mullan, Aaron Devlin, Terence O’Brien, Declan Brown.

Would imagine that’s the XV Derry will go with but I’d expect a few changes positionally, think McKinless and McKaigue will swap, Lynch should got to 11, Sean Leo to 7 and O’Kane to 6. Still no James Kielt on the Derry squad so he must be still injured, good to have young Ryan Bell back though.

Donegal (SFC v Derry) - Paul Durcan; Eamon McGee, Neil McGee, Karl Lacey; Frank McGlynn, Leo McLoone, Anthony Thompson; Neil Gallagher, Martin McElhinney; Christy Toye, Ryan McHugh, Odhran MacNiallais; Patrick McBrearty, Michael Murphy, Colm McFadden.

Every shot is fucking hit and hope. He did the right thing in hitting it as hard as he could to the roof of the net instead of trying to place it to the corner

He did in his hole. It didn’t hit the roof of the net either. You’re making a show of yourself here.

Fuck sake, every shot is hit and hope, Junior C shit right there. Clown.

In fairness to the young lad he did what 90% of players would do in that situation. There are very few natural goal finishers in the game - Cooper, O’Donoghue, Colm O’Neill, McCurry and Clarke would come to mind. Is O’Donoghue left footed as well? Clean sweep for the lefties if so.

JOD is left footed alright. I think you’ll find my original point was just that, he got steeped lucky by just closing his eyes and hitting it. It wasn’t the play to make, and got blessed it got through such a small gap between the back and the keeper.

The percentage play and the right play was to draw in the two and play in the man. But good luck to him, you make your luck, that was never my point, something the clowns are failing to see.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 948384, member: 180”]JOD is left footed alright. I think you’ll find my original point was just that, he got steeped lucky by just closing his eyes and hitting it. It wasn’t the play to make, and got blessed it got through such a small gap between the back and the keeper.

The percentage play and the right play was to draw in the two and play in the man. But good luck to him, you make your luck, that was never my point, something the clowns are failing to see.[/QUOTE]

I’d actually add Ronan O’Neill in there as well, he’s a terrific goal finisher.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 948380, member: 180”]He did in his hole. It didn’t hit the roof of the net either. You’re making a show of yourself here.

Fuck sake, every shot is hit and hope, Junior C shit right there. Clown.[/QUOTE]
Every shot is obviously hit and hope. Do you take a shot and how it doesn’t go in?

I’ve warmed somewhat to o Neill. He is dead fucking right, Harte is a pain in the hole. If I remember correctly he put some of the decisions Tyrone got in 08 down to “getting some breaks” or something along those lines.

Harte made a thoroughly valid point about the need for consistency in applying the new rules and in turn O’Neill has acted like a petulant arsehole.

Just watching highlights of last weekend’s games. What a shocking miss from the free by O’Hare in the last minute of normal time when Down were 3-8 to 2-9 ahead. I was amazed by this, so I was.

You have McCurry and O Neill as top goal getters in Ireland? How many championship goals do they have FFS? It wouldn’t surprise me if Sean Cavanagh has more than the 2 combined. In fact has McCurry got any?
You are some joker to put them in with Gooch, JOD and O Neill. They are nowhere near that class. McManamin, Brogan, Michael Murphy, Brian Hurley, Freeman, Moran are all far superior forwards or goal scorers.
Ya muppet.

I made a very valid point about him being a hypocrite and very forgetful

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 948640, member: 273”]You have McCurry and O Neill as top goal getters in Ireland? How many championship goals do they have FFS? It wouldn’t surprise me if Sean Cavanagh has more than the 2 combined. In fact has McCurry got any?
You are some joker to put them in with Gooch, JOD and O Neill. They are nowhere near that class. McManamin, Brogan, Michael Murphy, Brian Hurley, Freeman, Moran are all far superior forwards or goal scorers.
Ya muppet.[/QUOTE]

McCurry got one last week.

McCurry is an excellent goal scorer, his finish last week was outstandingly composed one, and its always been his way according to those who have seen more of him than I. See here at 1.30 and 3.22 for other such finishes. THAT is how you finish goal chances not “blasting them” as some clowns would try convince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQgbN_Yuirs

http://gaabanter.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Darren-McCurry-Goal-1.gif

http://gaabanter.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Darren-McCurry-Goal-2.gif

@caoimhaoin exposed as a bluffer yet again. McCurry and O’Neill are two wonderfully composed finisher which was what I stated. Both are very young lads. O’Neill has very little Championship experience due to the amount of injuries he has suffered and both players were amongst the goals in the league. O’Neill scored a few great goals in the Sigerson this year as well.

McCurry is the best forward of his age bracket in the country right now.

Your point was not valid. Harte brought up a genuine grievance about consistency of rules and the importance of it. Something I’m sure most managers in the country will have issues with this year. O’Neill launched a rather petulant personal attack in response to an issue that really needs to be addressed.

It was a bizarre rant from O’Neill. In honesty, he got a lot achieved in his tenure, but he has come across as a very ignorant man in a lot of his exchanges. No surprise given his teacher background.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 948648, member: 2533”]@caoimhaoin exposed as a bluffer yet again. McCurry and O’Neill are two wonderfully composed finisher which was what I stated. Both are very young lads. O’Neill has very little Championship experience due to the amount of injuries he has suffered and both players were amongst the goals in the league. O’Neill scored a few great goals in the Sigerson this year as well.

McCurry is the best forward of his age bracket in the country right now.[/QUOTE]
But you are putting them ahead of proven goal scorers an forwards who have produced on the big days. It’s the talk of a 16 year old. Typical lad going around saying we’ve a “savage” team in paper without actually having a clue what it takes to win All Ireland’s.
It’s a feather in the cap to be scoring in Sigerson and the league and it’s not easy no doubt, however it’s nuts to put them with lads that have scored goals in CP in All Ireland 1/4, semi or finals.

Scoring against Rory O Carroll or Marc O Se or Anthony Lynch or Shields at their peak in cp on big days is a good sight harder than subs in February or in Sigerson.

When they start doing that come back to me. And you still avoided the actual question.
Going on those images though McCurry does have a nice finish.