All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 949081, member: 2533”]Not many would have disagreed about the Tyrone side coming to the end of an era. But this a fresh generation of players coming through, many of whom have tasted All Ireland underage success aided by guys who have won multiple All Irelands who still have plenty to offer, the blend of youth and experience is there and Tyrone are a great momentum side who usually tend to get better as the season progresses. Dublin are way ahead of everyone else and Tyrone certainly have as much chance of anyone else in taking the title off Dublin.

I would rank Tyrone, Monaghan and Kerry as the teams most likely to challenge Dublin this year. Tyrone have already played more tough matches in the Championship this year as Cork will have to get to an All Ireland quarter final.[/QUOTE]
That’s the Kerry team destroyed by Cork at home recently who have lost one if their greatest ever players? The Kerry that last year were showed to be distinctly average and have been weakened since?
And the Monaghan team that rely on one player for over 50% of their scores who is also missing for the season.
Right.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 949094, member: 273”]That’s the Kerry team destroyed by Cork at home recently who have lost one if their greatest ever players? The Kerry that last year were showed to be distinctly average and have been weakened since?
And the Monaghan team that rely on one player for over 50% of their scores who is also missing for the season.
Right.[/QUOTE]

You are a fool, using a dead rubber league game as a litmus test just shows how poor you are at debating. The Kerry team last year were the team that came closest to stopping the All Ireland champions.

Your quote about Monaghan is preposterous, they do not rely on McManus for 50% of their scores, nowhere even near that.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 949083, member: 2533”]I will be opting for Derry today, should be a great game.

I think it’s a joke that there is a distinct possibility that Down and Donegal/Derry could draw each other in the first round of the qualifiers.[/QUOTE]
How exactly does this A and B section thing work? I was of the impression that the top half of the draw in each province comprises the A section while the bottom halves comprise the B section. That would mean that Down could draw Tyrone (if they lose to Monaghan) in the first round of the B section. Derry or Donegal would be in the A section, I think?

Would I be right in saying that the Leinster and Ulster Champions can only draw one of the teams that emerges from the B section in the quarter-finals? That would mean Down cannot play the Munster or Connacht champions in a quarter-final if they get that far.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 949096, member: 2533”]You are a fool, using a dead rubber league game as a litmus test just shows how poor you are at debating. The Kerry team last year were the team that came closest to stopping the All Ireland champions.

Your quote about Monaghan is preposterous, they do not rely on McManus for 50% of their scores, nowhere even near that.[/QUOTE]
:smiley:
Says the lad using club league games for judging Tyrone players. I’d call you a hypocrite, but I don’t think you are doing it intentionally, you just haven’t a clue.

Not entirely sure about the full working method but I think it basically reinforces the provincial draw in the qualifiers. It should be on a basis that prohibits teams from the same province meeting until the latest possible stage of the qualifiers. Ulster teams are at a distinct disadvantage here.

Says the lad using club league games for judging Tyrone players. I’d call you a hypocrite, but I don’t think you are doing it intentionally, you just haven’t a clue.[/QUOTE]

You’re using a dead rubber league game as evidence to write off a team’s chances this year. I was using a player’s current form at every level he has played at this year to show his development. The problem is you are too dim to take on board salient and matter-of-fact points.

The fact that you don’t see what that drubbing will have done to Kerry mentally shows both a total lack of knowledge not just on football, but on sport in general.

When you finally take down the One Direction and Henrik Larsson photos and leave home an get a job, you should spend some time and money on actually going to sporting fixtures or god forbid play a sport. It will give a far better appreciation if the sports than a twitter feed ever could.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 949119, member: 273”]The fact that you don’t see what that drubbing will have done to Kerry mentally shows both a total lack of knowledge not just on football, but on sport in general.

When you finally take down the One Direction and Henrik Larsson photos and leave home an get a job, you should spend some time and money on actually going to sporting fixtures or god forbid play a sport. It will give a far better appreciation if the sports than a twitter feed ever could.[/QUOTE]

What will the drubbing Dublin gave to a full strength Cork in a game of some importance have done to them mentally? I don’t rely on twitter feeds, I have a great mind and understanding of sports - you are just an utter spoofer so you don’t get me.

Toye and MacNiallais is a very light looking midfield for Donegal.

It will have brought them on a lot I believe. They got too comfortable and lacked the fortitude to tighten things down and remain calm in the face of adversity. They will hve learned a lot. The players who faultered badly in the 2nd half can be shown how well they were going and that consistency is the key.
Kerry on the other hand got their worst fears confirmed that they are carrying at least 3 club standard backs and have literally nothing to replace them with. As well as the fact they were toothless enough up front without Gooch and James O Donighue can be marked out of it. It was a very bad day for Kerry and one that confirmed to their most honest supporters they are gone, and gone for a while now an to come.

Drubbing for and understrength Kerry in a meaningless game = bad for Kerry.

Drubbing for a full strength Cork in a meaningful game = good for Cork.

FFS sake.

Great crowd in Celtic Park today.

I’ll go for Derry by 0-12 to 0-10 in a typically dour Ulster Championship shitfest, with 51 fouls and a red card for each team.

I hope we have the traditional young girl from a true Gael background badly screeching Amhran na bhFiann over a faulty public address system today. I felt a bit short changed with last weeks anthem offering. You come to expect certain standards from the Ulster Championship and you feel disappointed if they aren’t met.

Derry to win.

Interesting to see what this young Donegal lad O’Connor is like.

Should have been a black card there for Bradley.

O’Connor looks like a cracking young player, very different to the options they have up front and great pace.

Clear black card bottled by McQuillan

+1. Looked like a straightforward black card, the type of deliberate trip that was used in the videos explaining black cards.

Bad decision by the Great Joe McQuillan there, the only reason he didn’t give a black card was because it was in the first 10 mins. Bradley was guilty as sin, and he knew it. Wait and see, a Donegal player will commit the same foul in the next 20 mins, and will get a black card. Cue chaos.

This is a high quality game, much better than last week’s offering.