All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Woof.

Marty Morrissey standing outside Croke Park there revealing on the news that the referees’ meeting is still in progress. His report showed the referees arriving. I was excited to see them wearing casual clothes such as jeans and it reminded me of the thrill I used to get when I was 9 if I saw a teacher outside of the school. I’m delighted.

[ATTACH=full]1301[/ATTACH]

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/tony-mcentee/tony-mcentee-continued-reliance-on-veteran-stars-in-ulster-a-major-concern-269883.html

Always on the same page as this lad. By far the best ex-player writing on football.
Will you believe him @Il Bomber Destro
Ye are all fucked.

Pile of rubbish, Gormley was one of the best defenders in the country last season and was unlucky not to get an all star for his performances. There’s not a county in the country who wouldn’t call upon O’Neill and Gormley right now if they were available to play for them and it’s hardly dependent if we aren’t starting them in the first place. It’s not worrying if Gormley and O’Neill are coming off the bench and having a positive impact on matches, it would be worrying if they were coming off the bench and not having a positive impact on matches.

Was it worrying that Tyrone had to bring on an injured Peter Canavan to see them over the line in 2003? Was it worrying that Armagh collapsed when they took off McGeeney in 2005? In the 2008 final Tyrone started with 2 players aged 33 or over in Brian Dooher and Collie Holmes - was that worrying? No, it wasn’t.

O’Neill, Gormley and Sean Cavanagh are the only players over the age of 30 who are currently on the Tyrone panel. There are a few like Mark Donnelly, Penrose, Carlin and McMahon who are hovering about the 30 mark but we are no more reliant on “veteran” players than we were when we were the dominant team of the 00s.

Stephan O Neill wouldn’t still be used by Cork or Dublin. Probably would be by Mayo but for different reasons.
Good and all as he was, he has lost it.

Your examples about how worrying it was for Armagh & Tyrone in 05 & 08 when those lads left is hilarious, as that’s the whole fucking point, they have both gone downhill since those loses. Armagh are a farce. Tyrone in fairness make the most of themselves, but in last weeks showing themselves and Down are hardly near the top 8. Down are not even in top 12 I’d say.
Average teams

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 952225, member: 273”]Stephan O Neill wouldn’t still be used by Cork or Dublin. Probably would be by Mayo but for different reasons.
Good and all as he was, he has lost it.

Your examples about how worrying it was for Armagh & Tyrone in 05 & 08 when those lads left is hilarious, as that’s the whole fucking point, they have both gone downhill since those loses. Armagh are a farce. Tyrone in fairness make the most of themselves, but in last weeks showing themselves and Down are hardly near the top 8. Down are not even in top 12 I’d say.
Average teams[/QUOTE]

Last weeks showing? Interesting you can make such a conclusion from 5 minutes highlights. Tyrone by all intents and purposes ran out convincing winners. Of course O’Neill would still be used by Dublin and Cork, I’d imagine he would be starting in the Cork forward line. Tyrone had to bring on an injured Peter Canavan in the 2003 final who was the wrong side of 30. They went on to win two more All Ireland with Canavan starring at the age of 34 in the 2005 final and they then went on to win another All Ireland in 2008 without Canavan. The point you are making seems to be that you can’t win trophies while having players over 30 playing which is a nonsensical point as lots of teams have done it in the past and will continue to do so. If O’Neill and Gormley didn’t have something to offer they wouldn’t be in the squad, if Tyrone was so dependent on them then they wouldn’t be sitting half the game out on the bench. How reliant were Kerry on the O’Se’s, Moynihan and other lads over the age of 30 when they were regularly picking trophies up, the same applies to Tyrone on the likes of Dooher and Canavan among other, now it’s the turn of the likes of O’Neill and Gormley and I’m sure in 7 or 8 years time it will be the likes of Mattie Donnelly and Peter Harte who we will be looking to carry out similar roles.

I don’t know what you’re shitting on about “those losses” - Tyrone WON the All Ireland in 2008 with two outfield players over the age of 33 in their starting XV. Kerry were winning All Irelands with plenty of lads in their 30s. What is important is the getting the mix of youth and experience right and I think Tyrone have that now, I think it’s a huge boost to be able to have the likes of O’Neill and Gormley on the bench to come in and impact upon games - there aren’t many counties who can call on players with such experience who still have an awful lot to offer at this level. Tyrone had a very unsettled team throughout the league campaign so it probably shouldn’t have come as much of a shock that we didn’t start the Championship opener on red hot form, last weeks performance was much improved according to most reports but there is still a lot needed to build on and I’d imagine to get past Monaghan the performance will have to be brought up another 20%.

If Down get a clean bill of health and get a few of the players currently unavailable like King, Mallon, McComiskey and Hughes back then they are definitely a top 10 side. They have a really good forward line and have some very good players around the middle of the pitch, their defence is really up to much to be fair. I would expect Tyrone to knocking about in Croke Park come August time and if we can tighten up defensively I would be confident of us taking anyone, we have the players to do so and every bit as important is that we have the mentality to do so. I would also give Down a decent chance against Cork if they were to meet later on in the year.

You’d never see Stephen O Neill at this shit during Championship season

@crossbar13: Today was made for this http://t.co/tRt8WH5k2C

Tipp 1-5 Limerick 0-2

Half Time : Tipp 1-7 Limerick 0-6

Tipp 2-11 Limk 0-8

Tipp 2-13 Limerick 1-11

Tipp win 2-14 to 1-11

Tipperary - The home of football:clap:

First leg done over the bastards, great to come away from the home of rugby with a victory.

Well done mate, you’ve officially stepped over their rotting corpse in the pecking order now.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 952216, member: 273”]http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/tony-mcentee/tony-mcentee-continued-reliance-on-veteran-stars-in-ulster-a-major-concern-269883.html

Always on the same page as this lad. By far the best ex-player writing on football.
Will you believe him @Il Bomber Destro
Ye are all fucked.[/QUOTE]
Apart from the bit about the mouse that was a dreadful piece.

The GAA in general some might say.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 952249, member: 2533”]Last weeks showing? Interesting you can make such a conclusion from 5 minutes highlights. Tyrone by all intents and purposes ran out convincing winners. Of course O’Neill would still be used by Dublin and Cork, I’d imagine he would be starting in the Cork forward line. Tyrone had to bring on an injured Peter Canavan in the 2003 final who was the wrong side of 30. They went on to win two more All Ireland with Canavan starring at the age of 34 in the 2005 final and they then went on to win another All Ireland in 2008 without Canavan. The point you are making seems to be that you can’t win trophies while having players over 30 playing which is a nonsensical point as lots of teams have done it in the past and will continue to do so. If O’Neill and Gormley didn’t have something to offer they wouldn’t be in the squad, if Tyrone was so dependent on them then they wouldn’t be sitting half the game out on the bench. How reliant were Kerry on the O’Se’s, Moynihan and other lads over the age of 30 when they were regularly picking trophies up, the same applies to Tyrone on the likes of Dooher and Canavan among other, now it’s the turn of the likes of O’Neill and Gormley and I’m sure in 7 or 8 years time it will be the likes of Mattie Donnelly and Peter Harte who we will be looking to carry out similar roles.

I don’t know what you’re shitting on about “those losses” - Tyrone WON the All Ireland in 2008 with two outfield players over the age of 33 in their starting XV. Kerry were winning All Irelands with plenty of lads in their 30s. What is important is the getting the mix of youth and experience right and I think Tyrone have that now, I think it’s a huge boost to be able to have the likes of O’Neill and Gormley on the bench to come in and impact upon games - there aren’t many counties who can call on players with such experience who still have an awful lot to offer at this level. Tyrone had a very unsettled team throughout the league campaign so it probably shouldn’t have come as much of a shock that we didn’t start the Championship opener on red hot form, last weeks performance was much improved according to most reports but there is still a lot needed to build on and I’d imagine to get past Monaghan the performance will have to be brought up another 20%.

If Down get a clean bill of health and get a few of the players currently unavailable like King, Mallon, McComiskey and Hughes back then they are definitely a top 10 side. They have a really good forward line and have some very good players around the middle of the pitch, their defence is really up to much to be fair. I would expect Tyrone to knocking about in Croke Park come August time and if we can tighten up defensively I would be confident of us taking anyone, we have the players to do so and every bit as important is that we have the mentality to do so. I would also give Down and decent chance against Cork if they were to meet later on in the year.[/QUOTE]
I said nothing about 30+ players. It’s the fact that they are past it 30+'s.

Cork will run a drag with any if those flimsy teams in CP. The kind of walloping they gave Donegal a few years ago.