All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 952559, member: 273”]I said nothing about 30+ players. It’s the fact that they are past it 30+'s.

Cork will run a drag with any if those flimsy teams in CP. The kind of walloping they gave Donegal a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely nothing to suggest Conor Gormley is past it, O’Neill was also the in-form forward in the country about 15 months ago in last year’s national league until he injured his ankle before the National League Final last year and he was playing on with that injury for the rest of the year until it became apparent that he needed surgery for it to be rectified, there might be question marks on whether that injury will take anything out of him but I’m hopeful he will be back to the kind of form he was in a little over a year ago. Your point is yet another glaring contradiction and the fact that you fail to see that proves what a botton you are. If they are as past it as you seem to illustrate then why have they come off the bench and make positive contributions in the opening two Championship games? Cork will run and drag nobody of substance, they don’t have the players, they don’t have the mentality.

It was the insight an the sentiment more than the writing.

You’re right, most of the Ulster teams have very little substance.

What is there to suggest Conor Gormley is past it?

Getting the run around any time he meets high level opposition.

Bit harsh, mate, and pretty stupid, given that Gormley was probably Tyrone’s second best player last year after Cavanagh.

+1

Kevin is bluffing as usual.

No he wasn’t. And Cavanagh was well able to go missing himself at important times.
The game lasts for 70 mins. I would bring him on just before half time. He is the type of lad you want around at the end, bit he needs to be fresh. He’s paying for the over training he did all these years.

He was and you should stop passing comment on something you know nothing about.

Yes he was.

Christ if only

You keep believing that. I look forward to your refereeing blaming, injury whinging excuse for Tyrone losing this year. Your " it’s never my fault" attitude will just bring a life of bitterness.

I’m not the one who makes things up or distorts the truth to suit his agenda.

It’s an opinion fella. You can make up your mind what ever way you want.

If you got off the forums and actually went to a few games or even played it you might create a different perspective.

How many of Tyrone’s matches have you attended in the past four years, Kevin?

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 952711, member: 273”]It’s an opinion fella. You can make up your mind what ever way you want.

If you got off the forums and actually went to a few games or even played it you might create a different perspective.[/QUOTE]

I was at Croke Park twice last year, pal. How many times were you there?

Until 2003 when I left for the us I had never missed a final in hurling or football since I was 2. I would have been there at all other Cork games.
Since then it would be sporadic.
But I must have been there 70-80 times.
As I said earlier in the hurling thread, going to a game does not mean you actually know what’s going on, as fagans story last week illustrates.

You consistently show a complete lack of understanding of what it takes to make a successful winning team. You talk “on paper” constantly.
The fact that you have Sid, the GAA hipster, tagging along does not validate you whatsoever. That’s just him using you a a vehicle to have a cut (in the Aidan Walsh failed attempt way) at me.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 952732, member: 273”]Until 2003 when I left for the us I had never missed a final in hurling or football since I was 2. I would have been there at all other Cork games.
Since then it would be sporadic.
But I must have been there 70-80 times.
As I said earlier in the hurling thread, going to a game does not mean you actually know what’s going on, as fagans story last week illustrates.

You consistently show a complete lack of understanding of what it takes to make a successful winning team. You talk “on paper” constantly.
The fact that you have Sid, the GAA hipster, tagging along does not validate you whatsoever. That’s just him using you a a vehicle to have a cut (in the Aidan Walsh failed attempt way) at me.[/QUOTE]

More outright lies, you have perpetuated some amount of rubbish on this thread in the past 10 days and validated none of it, instead deciding to run away like a big pussy when you’ve had the facts handed to you. Stuff like saying Gormley was given the run around last year and McFadden has been poor for the past 16 months is absolute bullshit of the highest order and the type of opinion I would expect from someone who is mentally touched. The irony in some of your posts is completely lost on you which makes your self-appointed expert status even all the more hilarious.

I didn’t attend an All-Ireland final until I was 13. I guess that 11 year knowledge deficit is something I’ll never really make up.

Hilarious, Kev. In the space of 4 posts you’ve flipped from this:

‘If you got off the forums and actually went to a few games or even played it you might create a different perspective.’

To this

‘As I said earlier in the hurling thread, going to a game does not mean you actually know what’s going on’.

By your own admission, you’ve been to fuck all games in the last ten years(this is the price one must pay in order to become the world’s most well adjusted holistic being) but would talk about the massive developments there have been in that time.
So the game now bears no resemblence to what it did when you knew everything about it, over ten years ago. Which makes your inability to see anything from anyone else’s point of view all the more hilarious.