All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

For FFS. Sky is one thing but this is another thing entirely.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa-grants-exclusive-global-digital-highlights-rights-to-the-sun-newspaper-632666.html

[SIZE=6]GAA grants exclusive global digital highlights rights to The Sun newspaper
[/SIZE]
Friday, June 06, 2014 - 09:22 AM

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 955885, member: 2660”]For FFS. Sky is one thing but this is another thing entirely.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/gaa-grants-exclusive-global-digital-highlights-rights-to-the-sun-newspaper-632666.html

[SIZE=6]GAA grants exclusive global digital highlights rights to The Sun newspaper
[/SIZE]
Friday, June 06, 2014 - 09:22 AM[/QUOTE]
The Liverpool fans will be seething over this

Being two footed as an inter county footballer is absolutely one of the primary things anybody judging a player on would look at. If you played the game, or even watched it closely this would be obvious.
Nobody can allow for farmers random example from a different sport, one in which you get nothing for kicking over the bar.

when comparing Macdonald with Fitzgerald and their skill levels, the fact that Fitzgerald was equally brilliant off either foot makes massive difference …are you seriously arguing that as a forward playing gaelic football having the ability to shoot accurately off either foot isn’t probably the greatest skill you can possibly possess?..
now answer my question where did I say one foot players can’t be skilled?? you are talking absolute bullshit, as per usual…

He never said that. He showed it wa a clear differential between 2 players.
How much of a beating do you want?

[QUOTE=“scumpot, post: 955943, member: 182”]when comparing Macdonald with Fitzgerald and their skill levels, the fact that Fitzgerald was equally brilliant off either foot makes massive difference …are you seriously arguing that as a forward playing gaelic football having the ability to shoot accurately off either foot isn’t probably the greatest skill you can possibly possess?..
now answer my question where did I say one foot players can’t be skilled?? you are talking absolute bullshit, as per usual…[/QUOTE]

You seemed to be implying that McDonald couldn’t be a skilled player because he was one footed. You still failed to address my question, so here it is, for the fourth time. Do you apply the same logic you use for Ciaran McDonald for others like Maradona? You can argue all you like about them being different sports but the parameters are more or less the same, probably much easier create an opening on your strong foot in GAA.

And being able to kick brilliantly off either foot is not the greatest skill. So if you could answer that question and try and tackle the flaw in your argument that would be great.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 955941, member: 273”]Being two footed as an inter county footballer is absolutely one of the primary things anybody judging a player on would look at. If you played the game, or even watched it closely this would be obvious.
[/QUOTE]
I love the way Kev often peppers his posts with comments like this in a ham fisted attempt at one upmanship. I would imagine that most people here have played the game, Kev.

There’s nothing in what you wrote there which doesn’t apply to association football, in fact being strong on both feet is more important in association football than in Gaelic football, yet the fact remains that a man commonly described as “one footed” remains the greatest association football player of all-time.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 955949, member: 273”]He never said that. He showed it wa a clear differential between 2 players.
How much of a beating do you want?[/QUOTE]

If I ever get remotely challenged by you or scumpot, I’ll be the first person to let you know.

He didn’t show a clear differential between the players, he seemed to pour scorn over McDonald’s capibilities because he was one footed and then dodge answering the same question over and over again. Quite similar to the way you ran away regarding Conor Gormley lately.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 955958, member: 2533”]If I ever get remotely challenged by you or scumpot, I’ll be the first person to let you know.

He didn’t show a clear differential between the players, he seemed to pour scorn over McDonald’s capibilities because he was one footed and then dodge answering the same question over and over again. Quite similar to the way you ran away regarding Conor Gormley lately.[/QUOTE]

what are you on about you freak??.. I didn’t pour scorn over Macdonald…i just said when comparing him to Fitzgerald…the fact that Fitzgerald could do it off either foot with such accuracy makes him more skillfull…I can’ believe you are still arguing that !!
regards not answering your question it is complete madness to start bringing in different sports to the argument we are having…completely different game…
You really are a stupid bastard…:smiley:

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 955958, member: 2533”]If I ever get remotely challenged by you or scumpot, I’ll be the first person to let you know.
.[/QUOTE]

well why do you keep answering the posts then??..fuck me, but you are one thick cunt…:eek:

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 955883, member: 24”]@Bisto

Who is the better player - Messi or Ronaldo?[/QUOTE]

I’d say Brian o driscoll when it comes to getting up and down from the bunker…

[QUOTE=“scumpot, post: 955977, member: 182”]what are you on about you freak??.. I didn’t pour scorn over Macdonald…i just said when comparing him to Fitzgerald…the fact that Fitzgerald could do it off either foot with such accuracy makes him more skillfull…I can’ believe you are still arguing that !!
regards not answering your question it is complete madness to start bringing in different sports to the argument we are having…completely different game…
You really are a stupid bastard…:D[/QUOTE]

It’s not about bringing different sports into an argument, it’s about exposing a flawed argument. Just because a player is predominantly one-footed, it is not a reflection on their skill level. The reason I keep responding is not because I am being challenged, it’s to nail you on something you keep trying to dodge. The challenge of this debate went out the window the moment you arrived with an idiotic comment downgrading someone’s ability because he was one-footed.

Would it be ridiculous to say Maradona was as skilled as Platini even though Platini was two-footed while Maradona was all left? Please answer the question rather than avoiding it and making a bigger idiot out of yourself.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 955957, member: 2660”]I love the way Kev often peppers his posts with comments like this in a ham fisted attempt at one upmanship. I would imagine that most people here have played the game, Kev.

There’s nothing in what you wrote there which doesn’t apply to association football, in fact being strong on both feet is more important in association football than in Gaelic football, yet the fact remains that a man commonly described as “one footed” remains the greatest association football player of all-time.[/QUOTE]
So you don’t think playing the game is an advantage in knowing the ins and outs of the skills? Interesting.

Of course being two footed is a help in any football sport. However that was not the question or the disagreement here.
However being a two footed forward in Gaelic is a phenomenal advantage, considering the sheer volume of chances you get compared to soccer it’s huge. Plus you are kicking a heavier ball longer distances, this it’s harder. Most socce passes are about 5-10m in length.
Don’t go down this road Sid, you are completely out of your depth on sports science issues. Stick to the puns and needless sports information, that’s your forte

normally no but it is when you compare them to a player like Fitzgerald who had both feet…how are you struggling to grasp this???..:smiley:

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 955986, member: 273”]So you don’t think playing the game is an advantage in knowing the ins and outs of the skills? Interesting.

Of course being two footed is a help in any football sport. However that was not the question or the disagreement here.
However being a two footed forward in Gaelic is a phenomenal advantage, considering the sheer volume of chances you get compared to soccer it’s huge. Plus you are kicking a heavier ball longer distances, this it’s harder. Most socce passes are about 5-10m in length.
Don’t go down this road Sid, you are completely out of your depth on sports science issues. Stick to the puns and needless sports information, that’s your forte[/QUOTE]

[LIST]
[]Most GAA passes are 5 yard hand passes
[
]GAA players can grab the ball with their hands and play on a wider pitch so the emphasis is much more on passing the ball into an open area and getting your men to run onto the ball
[*]Footballers have to be much more accurate, correctly gauging to an exact pinpoint location where it is much more difficult in striking the ball due to the lack of control they have over it compared to GAA players who can use their hands
[/LIST]
The fact this needs to be explained to you shows how big an idiot you are. Being a two-footed footballer is of a much higher importance than being a two footed GAA player.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 955986, member: 273”]So you don’t think playing the game is an advantage in knowing the ins and outs of the skills? Interesting.

Don’t go down this road Sid, you are completely out of your depth on sports science issues. Stick to the puns and needless sports information, that’s your forte[/QUOTE]
As I said, Kevin, most of us have played the game, most of us have played a lot more than one game.

Being two footed in association football is a bigger advantage than it is in Gaelic football for a very simple reason. You can’t handle the ball. There are plenty of players out there stealing an inter-county career who can’t kick well with either foot.

Don’t go down this road, Kevin, of saying other people are out of their depth when commenting. It’s an amusing irony.

I am grasping that, you might answer this question like a good lad and highlight the faith (if any) you have in your argument.

Would it be ridiculous to say Maradona was as skilled as Platini even though Platini was two-footed while Maradona was all left?

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 955993, member: 2533”]I am grasping that, you might answer this question like a good lad and highlight the faith (if any) you have in your argument.

Would it be ridiculous to say Maradona was as skilled as Platini even though Platini was two-footed while Maradona was all left?[/QUOTE]

I have answered it !!..my amnswer is it is a totally different sport and ridiculous to compare !!..to me, its the same as saying who’s better in the air Rob Kearney or Micheal Darragh Macauley ?..

You haven’t answered it, you’ve dodged it. Platini and Maradona play the same sport so it’s a fair question just like Fitzgerald and McDonald both played the same sport. Once again…

Would it be ridiculous to say Maradona was as skilled as Platini even though Platini was two-footed while Maradona was all left?

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 955991, member: 2660”]As I said, Kevin, most of us have played the game, most of us have played a lot more than one game.

Being two footed in association football is a bigger advantage than it is in Gaelic football for a very simple reason. You can’t handle the ball. There are plenty of players out there stealing an inter-county career who can’t kick well with either foot.
.[/QUOTE]

So what? They are not marquee forwards, they have other attributes, every sport has it’s muck McCarthy’s.
The fact is, the ball is heavier in Gaelic and you have to kick it longer. That makes it even harder off the weak side.

Sid have you played soccer?
If you did you’d know that passing off the weaker foot 5-10 metres is a piece of piss.
Now there are a few strikers out there equally proficient off each foot, and that is a great advantage to them.

How long did you wait thru totti’s embarrassing himself till you saw something you could have a cut off me? You should have waited.

That’s you farmer and tdb all associated with this morons views now. Embarrassing stuff