All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 955996, member: 2533”]You haven’t answered it, you’ve dodged it. Platini and Maradona play the same sport so it’s a fair question just like Fitzgerald and McDonald both played the same sport. Once again…
[/QUOTE]

different sport , different skills needed … there is no link between maradona v platini and fitzgerald v macdonald … its like comparing a pitch and putt player to a golfer because they both use a golf club… if that’s dodging the question in your pea brain then I’ll accept it…

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 955998, member: 273”]So what? They are not marquee forwards, they have other attributes, every sport has it’s muck McCarthy’s.
The fact is, the ball is heavier in Gaelic and you have to kick it longer. That makes it even harder off the weak side.

Sid have you played soccer?
[/QUOTE]
I’ve played association football, of course, mate, so I know it’s more of an advantage to be two footed in that sport than it is in Gaelic football.

But you don’t have to have played either game to know that.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 955991, member: 2660”]

Being two footed in association football is a bigger advantage than it is in Gaelic football for a very simple reason. You can’t handle the ball.
.[/QUOTE]

are you seriously saying that kicking a ball ahead of you on the ground and running after it is harder than running with a ball in you hand having to hop and solo it every other 4 steps?.. which do you think is harder to do with your weak foot?..be honest…

You not answering the question is dodging it?

You are giving empty and vague statements without any reasoning as to why the cases are different? You can still go ahead and answer the question regardless of whether you see a link or not but you have continually refused as you how rational and logical it would be for anyone to expose the flaw in your argument. You have no confidence in your argument and you also lack the humility and grace to admit your intial riposte was rash and ill-thought.

Do you believe being two-footed in GAA is a bigger advantage than being two-footed in football?

Would it be ridiculous to say Maradona was as skilled as Platini even though Platini was two-footed while Maradona was all left?

It’s a very appropriate comparison, much as you might not want to admit it.

Of course he is and I would be surprised if most people who have played, watched or are familiar with both sports wouldn’t as well.

Soloing the ball with your weaker foot is a piece of piss. Hopping the ball doesn’t involve the use of your foot.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 956014, member: 2533”]You not answering the question is dodging it?

You are giving empty and vague statements without any reasoning as to why the cases are different? You can still go ahead and answer the question regardless of whether you see a link or not but you have continually refused as you how rational and logical it would be for anyone to expose the flaw in your argument. You have no confidence in your argument and you also lack the humility and grace to admit your intial riposte was rash and ill-thought.
[/QUOTE]

says the man who keeps asking the same question that I have answered but because its not the answer you want you persist …:smiley:

ok gentlemen…that says it all for me…good day…

I must have missed where you answered it?

So would it be a ridiculous comparison to say Maradona was as skilled as Platini? Or did you in fact evade the direct question and then try and pass off that you answered it when in fact you evaded answering it.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 956007, member: 2660”]I’ve played association football, of course, mate, so I know it’s more of an advantage to be two footed in that sport than it is in Gaelic football.

But you don’t have to have played either game to know that.[/QUOTE]
I don’t believe you, but if it is true you played both they you are just an idiot, or hopefully just a WUM.

Ya, seeing as it’s sid I’m calling WUM. He does think he knows it all about all sport, but I really don’t think he can be serious here. I don’t think he is that stupid.

Do you really think it’s easier to work the ball onto your stronger foot in football than in GAA? Do you really think it is easier to retain possession in football than GAA? What kind of football pitches did you play for football on? Carpet like pitches? Even the most basic of passes on a bobbly or soft pitch along the deck with your weaker foot and fellas closing in on you is a very difficult task. You always talk about practical experience but you don’t seem to too clued up on actual practical experience.

You are talking some guff now.

I have realised over here that the pitch means less than I had thought. Everything is perfect here pitch wise yet the soccer is still played like English Sunday league.
In the states we had great surfaces but the emphasis was very much on keeping it on the ground.
Of course this is pretty irrelevant to te general conversation. A good player will be a good player anywhere.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 956171, member: 273”]You are talking some guff now.

I have realised over here that the pitch means less than I had thought. Everything is perfect here pitch wise yet the soccer is still played like English Sunday league.
In the states we had great surfaces but the emphasis was very much on keeping it on the ground.
Of course this is pretty irrelevant to te general conversation. A good player will be a good player anywhere.[/QUOTE]

It’s not irrelevant, the style of football you will see played on astro surfaces varies differently than you will see played on damp boggy pitches from late autumn to early spring and it relates directly to the surface. But irrespective of the surface, trying to gain some time on your preferred foot is much more difficult in football than GAA.

Maybe for you, although I find it hard to know how you can compare, but I always found soccer at lot easier, and I played a higher equivilant as well.

Gaelic football is a far harder game to play all round.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 956223, member: 273”]Maybe for you, although I find it hard to know how you can compare, but I always found soccer at lot easier, and I played a higher equivilant as well.

Gaelic football is a far harder game to play all round.[/QUOTE]

Because I played both, I may not have mentioned it before but I was a starting right back on a Bob Radcliffe Cup winning team.

Gaelic football is not a far harder game to play, mentally, physically or technically.

Sounds very proddy

Terrific stuff here gents.

And rounded off with a great comment.

Kev - just because someone disagrees with you it doesn’t mean that they are attacking you.

People generally do have different points of view.

You must have been some mullocker if you found it hard to solo the ball with your weak foot on the run.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 956230, member: 2533”]Because I played both, I may not have mentioned it before but I was a starting right back on a Bob Radcliffe Cup winning team.

Gaelic football is not a far harder game to play, mentally, physically or technically.[/QUOTE]
The beauty of association football is that it’s very easy to pick up and play to an enjoyable recreational level, but very hard to perfect.

Gaelic football is reasonably easy to pick up but much easier to get good at.

Hurling is a difficult game to become proficient at and hard to perfect.

Rugby is difficult to pick up (as you have to be willing to put your up head another man’s ass and also be willing to risk paralysis, neither of which are for most when making a choice about which sports to play) but the shallowness of its playing pool and the lack of discernible skills involved in the game means its easy to perfect if you can get beyond the head up the ass bit.