All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 957671, member: 2533”]I expect heaps of praise for calling a comfortable victory for Armagh.

Armagh 1-12
Cavan 0-09
[/QUOTE]
Good shout mate but I based my prediction on a narrow Cavan victory on Dunne and Mackey starting.

If I knew they weren’t starting, I’d have fancied Armagh to win by 5 or 6

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 957693, member: 48”]Good shout mate but I based my prediction on a narrow Cavan victory on Dunne and Mackey starting.

If I knew they weren’t starting, I’d have fancied Armagh to win by 5 or 6[/QUOTE]
Pretty much bang on so. Great tipping.

Don’t think either would have made much of a difference to be honest. Mackey is a key player for Cavan but I think that more or less tells you how poor they are. Dunne is not an intercounty standard footballer, the most embarrassing thing for Armagh about last year’s loss was letting him run riot as he’s very poor. The scoreline was very flattering on Cavan, going by the reports as Armagh should have won by 10 points plus easily. There’s a very good base for a decent Armagh team there, a lot of good young players likes the Raffertys, Findon, Morgan, McVerry but they do seem to be short of quality up front and that shows in the amount of chances they missed.

Killian Clarke and McKiernan are probably the only two Cavan players who would have a decent chance of making most of the other big counties in Ulster’s starting XV. Keating are Mackey are decent enough but not brilliant, after that you have a team made up of mullockers. Seeing them playing in Croke Park against Kerry last year showed how bad they are. They are a team who can frustrate other teams on a narrow congested pitch but they are completely devoid of talented footballers. Their dominance at u-21 is more a sign of other counties not taking the u-21 seriously at Ulster. There is a much bigger emphasis on minor championships and once that is out the way it’s all about getting them ready for senior and u-21 is seen as more a hinderance that a help. Cavan have put a lot of focus at this level.

Hyland is a terribly negative coach and Cavan will make no real progress under him.

Don’t think either would have made much of a difference to be honest. Mackey is a key player for Cavan but I think that more or less tells you how poor they are. Dunne is not an intercounty standard footballer, the most embarrassing thing for Armagh about last year’s loss was letting him run riot as he’s very poor. The scoreline was very flattering on Cavan, going by the reports as Armagh should have won by 10 points plus easily. There’s a very good base for a decent Armagh team there, a lot of good young players likes the Raffertys, Findon, Morgan, McVerry but they do seem to be short of quality up front and that shows in the amount of chances they missed.

Killian Clarke and McKiernan are probably the only two Cavan players who would have a decent chance of making most of the other big counties in Ulster’s starting XV. Keating are Mackey are decent enough but not brilliant, after that you have a team made up of mullockers. Seeing them playing in Croke Park against Kerry last year showed how bad they are. They are a team who can frustrate other teams on a narrow congested pitch but they are completely devoid of talented footballers. Their dominance at u-21 is more a sign of other counties not taking the u-21 seriously at Ulster. There is a much bigger emphasis on minor championships and once that is out the way it’s all about getting them ready for senior and u-21 is seen as more a hinderance that a help. Cavan have put a lot of focus at this level.

Hyland is a terribly negative coach and Cavan will make no real progress under him.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 957683, member: 1”]Bit unlucky if you took that on.

Dublin far from convincing early on but that’s been the pattern quite often. Relentless in the second half and the forwards off the bench gave them a great extra dimension. McManamon’s pickup and awareness for the second goal was excellent.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the list of forwards that can’t make the team is incredible.

Where is that list?

not only was the mayo match shit, everytime marty said “the Hyde” I wanted to puke. Nearly as bad as “the Star”

Dublin are pretty brutal in the way they wear teams down. McManamon looks a completely different player coming off the bench than when he starts which is probably to do with him running against tired defences.

Cork have a better bench, mate.

Same with Jack McCaffrey - he has been told he is in the impact sublist this year unless defence is shipping water early.

It was said all last year, but for footballer of the year, the man cant kick a football out of his way. I like him, he’s a great asset, but his range of skills stops at handpassing the ball.

Not bad for the Portlaoise sub goalie. A tremendous young footballer, incredibly comfortable with ball in hand and on the tee, has it all, we’re lucky to have him.

Was this Kingston? Fairly sure he had his nose made shite of. Possibly an accident, but the cynic in me says no, it ended his effectiveness there and then.

I think they’ll stay with it based purely on the fact that anyone who would walk away who was worth caring about has already walked, whats there now on the 1-18 or so are committed and interested, and from a supporters point of view, thats all you can ask for. To all the cunts who have fucked off, or have refused call ups, look at your countymen and the effort they put in today, and the plaudits they received, albeit at the end of an unfair 11 point defeat scoreline in the end. To you all, I say, go fuck yourselves (although you probably dont read TFK, I say it nonetheless).

Dublin beat you to death with sheer weight of numbers. Someone on this forum, a foolish young chap, laughed at the suggestion of Dublin weight in numbers of forwards, but when the game was in the balance today, they brought on McCaffrey, Cullen, McMenamanmininin, Rock and Costello. How the fuck can normal counties deal with that? Its success by bludgeon. Well done to them, it hasn’t come about by accident, its coaching that gives them these players, but its almost impossible to match in the modern game.

I was impressed with Laois today, and even though they’re a cuntish county, I was willing them to score with each attack. Dublin matches are sooooo boring these days - I won’t be going to the next two matches.

Thats cuts mate. It really cuts.

Laois can draw Offaly, Wicklow, Fermanagh, Limerick, London, Derry or Longford tomorrow morning

Anyone but Derry naturally.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 957744, member: 180”]It was said all last year, but for footballer of the year, the man cant kick a football out of his way. I like him, he’s a great asset, but his range of skills stops at handpassing the ball.

Not bad for the Portlaoise sub goalie. A tremendous young footballer, incredibly comfortable with ball in hand and on the tee, has it all, we’re lucky to have him.

Was this Kingston? Fairly sure he had his nose made shite of. Possibly an accident, but the cynic in me says no, it ended his effectiveness there and then.

I think they’ll stay with it based purely on the fact that anyone who would walk away who was worth caring about has already walked, whats there now on the 1-18 or so are committed and interested, and from a supporters point of view, thats all you can ask for. To all the cunts who have fucked off, or have refused call ups, look at your countymen and the effort they put in today, and the plaudits they received, albeit at the end of an unfair 11 point defeat scoreline in the end. To you all, I say, go fuck yourselves (although you probably dont read TFK, I say it nonetheless).

Dublin beat you to death with sheer weight of numbers. Someone on this forum, a foolish young chap, laughed at the suggestion of Dublin weight in numbers of forwards, but when the game was in the balance today, they brought on McCaffrey, Cullen, McMenamanmininin, Rock and Costello. How the fuck can normal counties deal with that? Its success by bludgeon. Well done to them, it hasn’t come about by accident, its coaching that gives them these players, but its almost impossible to match in the modern game.[/QUOTE]

that game was never in the balance today

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 957763, member: 180”]Laois can draw Offaly, Wicklow, Fermanagh, Limerick, London, Derry or Longford tomorrow morning

Anyone but Derry naturally.[/QUOTE]

That side of the draw is very weak so Laois should make a good run at it.

Dont stick the boot in mate, leave me with the morsels I have.

You have the congratulations of patronising Dublin supporters for a gallant performance today, mate.

He actually kicked a nice pass today from a free to Flynn I think. And he took his goal well enough though it was a bit of head down and blast.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 957744, member: 180”]
Was this Kingston? Fairly sure he had his nose made shite of. Possibly an accident, but the cynic in me says no, it ended his effectiveness there and then.[/quote]
Nah, a different incident with Macauley.

Thanks Masa, thank you real good Boss, real kind of you to say.