All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 957788, member: 1”]He actually kicked a nice pass today from a free to Flynn I think. And he took his goal well enough though it was a bit of head down and blast.

Nah, a different incident with Macauley.[/QUOTE]
Ah the goal chance was a total swipe. Brogan was fit to pull the head off him for the first half chance. A real head down footballer.

No problem, mate. It’s nice to be nice to people.

Mercy Sir, you mightly kind, mighty kind. q

Laois weren’t too tired when he came on today.

He seemed to be at his most influential late on in the game.

Fucking thugs took out Socks. :mad:

I am fucking seething. Paul Grimley is a disgrace condoning that behaviour.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 957250, member: 1”]Kev, apologies for missing the point (excellent pun by the way). I naively assumed what you were talking about based on what you had written, rather than what you meant.

Dublin’s shooting accuracy is lower than might be expected because of their willingness to go for goals, because their style and instructions encourages them to shoot from further out. I can’t imagine how it’s anything other than a blinkered view to argue that they were not the best forward line last year.

Bringing it all back to Cork is fairly pathetic. You’re just listing off young players and assuming they’re all of similar ability if they’re the same age. You’ve selected a stronger bench on the basis of league matches this year I think. Sure nearly every player is in the bench at one stage. You acknowledge that at least one of those won’t be on the bench in the Championship so it’s entirely irrelevant. But that doesn’t stop you concluding that a 4 all star bench is better than Dublin’s. This is contrary to your previous arguments that only two are relevant, that Cullen is past it so his all stars don’t count and that Dublin’s top 2 subs would be on any other team.[/QUOTE]

The Cork bench was a reality in the league this year, and a similar bench will be a reality again by the time we play Kerry. You seem to be writing off a proven Cork forward line, but anyone with an ounce of knowledge on the game would know the forward line is by a long long way the least of Corks issues and they have shown they can put it up to Dublin and put them on the back foot. They just need to bring their conditioning and defensive game play to a level where they can do that consistently. They’ll get close at some stage this year but probably fall just short. In the last game in the league semi Cork had 4 newish backs with little big game experience and their naivity and the lack of Aidan Walshes athleticism was undone when Dublin cranked it up. Cahalane, the Clancys will all get better, Cadogan and Walsh will hopefully be back and Cork will have match winners to come off the bench.

Your misunderstanding of football is wider than i thought. Its the engine in the middle that wears teams down for Dublin, without that you wouldn’t have lads coming on picking up handy scores.

Its a great strength and its something i greatly admire about Gavin and Dublin (playing to their strengths), yet ye fucking morons think i’m trying to insult or cut them down. Its just the reality of the situation. Teams are so tired by the end of games me or you could trot on and probably pick up a score. Thats not to say those Dublin forwards coming on are not fine players, but you and a lot of other people are going way over the top in regards their ability. Its Laois ffs, they don’t have the athletes/footballers for that kinda game.
Cork did the exact same thing to Dublin in 2010. Tyrone and Armagh did it in a different style to teams before that.

Cried off after Big Bad Keezer and the lads roughed him up.

First round qualifier draw on RTE Radio One at 8.30am tomorrow morning.

Parading Orangemen starting a riot over a fweg. We’ve seen that before, alright.

Justice for Socks.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 957977, member: 273”]The Cork bench was a reality in the league this year, and a similar bench will be a reality again by the time we play Kerry. You seem to be writing off a proven Cork forward line, but anyone with an ounce of knowledge on the game would know the forward line is by a long long way the least of Corks issues and they have shown they can put it up to Dublin and put them on the back foot. They just need to bring their conditioning and defensive game play to a level where they can do that consistently. They’ll get close at some stage this year but probably fall just short. In the last game in the league semi Cork had 4 newish backs with little big game experience and their naivity and the lack of Aidan Walshes athleticism was undone when Dublin cranked it up. Cahalane, the Clancys will all get better, Cadogan and Walsh will hopefully be back and Cork will have match winners to come off the bench.

Your misunderstanding of football is wider than i thought. Its the engine in the middle that wears teams down for Dublin, without that you wouldn’t have lads coming on picking up handy scores.

Its a great strength and its something i greatly admire about Gavin and Dublin (playing to their strengths), yet ye fucking morons think i’m trying to insult or cut them down. Its just the reality of the situation. Teams are so tired by the end of games me or you could trot on and probably pick up a score. Thats not to say those Dublin forwards coming on are not fine players, but you and a lot of other people are going way over the top in regards their ability. Its Laois ffs, they don’t have the athletes/footballers for that kinda game.
Cork did the exact same thing to Dublin in 2010. Tyrone and Armagh did it in a different style to teams before that.[/QUOTE]
Laois followed Kerry template of how to beat Dublin. Target kick outs.

If you talk to any Dublin management they will say the reason they are so strong is they have 22 athletes and other teams might have 10 or 11. Need to be able to play too but they pick players for athleticism

Cavan started the fight, mate. The Cavan skank with the flag refused to swap sides and the Ulster’s shame got a bit big for their boots and took a beating for it.

So Armagh started it. Thanks.

Cavan are Ulster’s shame.

Armagh fan strikes Cavan player

If the gaa don’t throw the book at Armagh and Cavan then it makes a farce out of all this cleaning up the game and taking cynicism out of the game etc.
Any punches thrown there before a ball is thrown in should get 6 months.

It shows how shit Armagh realise they are themselves with that carry on.

think O´Gara gets shown up badly when lads shadow him…if they don´t confront him physically straight away he can look a bit lost…i don´t think @caoimhaoin is a millions miles off saying dublin subs do get alot of handy scores as the opposition is so bolloxed by the constant onslaught from dublin half back line up ( or even philly macmahon arriving in laois square to set up a goal !!)…

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 957977, member: 273”]The Cork bench was a reality in the league this year, and a similar bench will be a reality again by the time we play Kerry. You seem to be writing off a proven Cork forward line, but anyone with an ounce of knowledge on the game would know the forward line is by a long long way the least of Corks issues and they have shown they can put it up to Dublin and put them on the back foot. They just need to bring their conditioning and defensive game play to a level where they can do that consistently. They’ll get close at some stage this year but probably fall just short. In the last game in the league semi Cork had 4 newish backs with little big game experience and their naivity and the lack of Aidan Walshes athleticism was undone when Dublin cranked it up. Cahalane, the Clancys will all get better, Cadogan and Walsh will hopefully be back and Cork will have match winners to come off the bench.

Cork did the exact same thing to Dublin in 2010. Tyrone and Armagh did it in a different style to teams before that.[/QUOTE]
I’m writing off a proven Cork forward line? I am in my hole Kev, you’re the only person talking about Cork.

Your deep understanding of Dublin’s strength is hilarious. The world and his mother and even Des Cahill knows about their energy and their running and their strength from half back forwards. Your insightful analysis is obvious and clichéd. But mostly irrelevant because Dublin having a strong middle 8 (including forwards) doesn’t prove they don’t have a good bench.

Most people seem prepared to consider that Dublin have decent forwards too and lots of them and that their strength in depth is incomparable. That was illustrated today against weak opposition. There wasn’t much hyperbole, just an acknowledgement that Dublin were so superior in subs available.

Ya, i think the clever play of the likes of A. Brogan, Flynn and probably Connolly now as well is doing enough to keep Dublin ticking along for 30-45 mins. Then the running of the half backs starts having a real effect and it all opens up. Its very clear in watching games with Dublin that the forwards start to get loads of space and time on the ball, this is mostly from tiring backs and tiring opposition middle 8 who can’t put pressure on the deliveries anymore, thus the ball is quicker and cleaner.