All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 957986, member: 2272”]Laois followed Kerry template of how to beat Dublin. Target kick outs.

If you talk to any Dublin management they will say the reason they are so strong is they have 22 athletes and other teams might have 10 or 11. Need to be able to play too but they pick players for athleticism[/QUOTE]
I think that’s partly true and partly ball ox. Only Macauley and maybe O’Gara are athletic at the expense of skilled. Alan Brogan isn’t a supreme athlete. Flynn is but he’s also a supreme footballer. They are incredibly athletic but there aren’t skillful players being left out for fitness freaks. Just because they can reach that tempo doesn’t mean they select athletes first and foremost.

problem is dublin have so many players who can break the first tackle and then take off on a run which opens up defence or else just pop it off left or right to a lad overlapping when they draw the inside defenders…apparently dublin´s training is totally geared to making these runs…there´s no laps of a pitch, more sprints straight up the field…

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 958020, member: 1”]I’m writing off a proven Cork forward line? I am in my hole Kev, you’re the only person talking about Cork.

Your deep understanding of Dublin’s strength is hilarious. The world and his mother and even Des Cahill knows about their energy and their running and their strength from half back forwards. Your insightful analysis is obvious and clichéd. But mostly irrelevant because Dublin having a strong middle 8 (including forwards) doesn’t prove they don’t have a good bench.

Most people seem prepared to consider that Dublin have decent forwards too and lots of them and that their strength in depth is incomparable. That was illustrated today against weak opposition. There wasn’t much hyperbole, just an acknowledgement that Dublin were so superior in subs available.[/QUOTE]
You said they were incredible. They are not. I think you have acknowledged that now with your downgrading of words. I’ll take that from a stubborn cunt like you as a backtrack.
I never said it was a deep understanding, they were your words, i think its bleedin’ fucking obvious.

Dublin have a fine forward line, the starting team was not in discussion originally. Brogan x 2, Flynn and Connolly in the last 12 months are some of the finest, and my favourite, forwards in my time watching football. I actually really like this Dublin team and what they do for football. But i was pulling you on idle office talk hyperbole, and you couldn’t take it as you don’t fancy being challenged.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958002, member: 273”]If the gaa don’t throw the book at Armagh and Cavan then it makes a farce out of all this cleaning up the game and taking cynicism out of the game etc.
Any punches thrown there before a ball is thrown in should get 6 months.

It shows how shit Armagh realise they are themselves with that carry on.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlrPZKGiqRU

Ah scumpot people stopped doing laps of the field a while back.:smiley:
Alot of it is natural. I could pretty much guess the drills they are doing for game conditioning, i’m probably doing a few of them myself. The thing is they have the players that can reach a very high level of fitness and have natural pace.

‘I’m probably doing a few of them myself’

Classic :smiley:

Jim Gavin’s post match interviews really deserve to have the piss ripped out of them. Jim is all about the project having a player-centric approach. The project is based on guiding principles of holistic self-empowerment, and cheesy faces in interviews.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958032, member: 273”]Ah scumpot people stopped doing laps of the field a while back.:smiley:
Alot of it is natural. I could pretty much guess the drills they are doing for game conditioning, i’m probably doing a few of them myself. The thing is they have the players that can reach a very high level of fitness and have natural pace.[/QUOTE]

[ATTACH=full]1342[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958028, member: 273”]You said they were incredible. They are not. I think you have acknowledged that now with your downgrading of words. I’ll take that from a stubborn cunt like you as a backtrack.
I never said it was a deep understanding, they were your words, i think its bleedin’ fucking obvious.

Dublin have a fine forward line, the starting team was not in discussion originally. Brogan x 2, Flynn and Connolly in the last 12 months are some of the finest, and my favourite, forwards in my time watching football. I actually really like this Dublin team and what they do for football. But i was pulling you on idle office talk hyperbole, and you couldn’t take it as you don’t fancy being challenged.[/QUOTE]
I didn’t say they were incredible. I said the list was incredible - i.e. It’s a long list of very good and top class forwards who can’t make the team. Every argument you’ve made about this (Cork’s youngsters, Dublin’s middle 8, Laois being shit, Dublin not scoring much from play) has either been wrong, irrelevant or both.

Dublin had some excellent forwards on the bench today. That’s not up for dispute unless you’re stubborn, blinkered and Kevish.

Your lack of understanding of the game is even greater than I thought.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958032, member: 273”]Ah scumpot people stopped doing laps of the field a while back.:smiley:
Alot of it is natural. I could pretty much guess the drills they are doing for game conditioning, i’m probably doing a few of them myself. The thing is they have the players that can reach a very high level of fitness and have natural pace.[/QUOTE]
:slight_smile:

+1

His appraisal that he could guess the drills they do is hilarious.

Anyway back to the brawl, clear as day from that video who starts. Cavan brought it and they got fucked up, reminds me a bit of the Derrytresk incident a year or two ago where Dromid instigated a row and got their just deserts then went crying for Mammy.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 958039, member: 2533”]+1

His appraisal that he could guess the drills they do is hilarious.

Anyway back to the brawl, clear as day from that video who starts. Cavan brought it and they got fucked up, reminds me a bit of the Derrytresk incident a year or two ago where they instigated a row and got their just deserts then went crying for Mammy.[/QUOTE]
British soldiers have got less hostile receptions in Armagh than Cavan did today.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 958037, member: 1”]I didn’t say they were incredible. I said the list was incredible - i.e. It’s a long list of very good and top class forwards who can’t make the team. Every argument you’ve made about this (Cork’s youngsters, Dublin’s middle 8, Laois being shit, Dublin not scoring much from play) has either been wrong, irrelevant or both.

Dublin had some excellent forwards on the bench today. That’s not up for dispute unless you’re stubborn, blinkered and Kevish.

Your lack of understanding of the game is even greater than I thought.[/QUOTE]
You idiot, if they were top class they’d be on the team. Brogan, Flynn etc are top class. Brian Hurley is top class, James O Donoghie is top class. Dean Rock is not. Costello might be in the future, but is not yet.
Even McManaman is not as he can not do it consistantly, but he certainly has some class about him to come on and score important goals.
Excellent<Incredible

All my points are right, all of them. If you chose to ignore them to support a silly line you threw out and it makes you feel better then go right ahead. You can have the last word too if you like.

All my points are right, all of them.

:clap::smiley:

Cavan is a quisling county and the only bordering county in the free state who turned their back on the nationalists of the O6.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958044, member: 273”]You idiot, if they were top class they’d be on the team. Brogan, Flynn etc are top class. Brian Hurley is top class, James O Donoghie is top class. Dean Rock is not. Costello might be in the future, but is not yet.
Even McManaman is not as he can not do it consistantly, but he certainly has some class about him to come on and score important goals.
Excellent<Incredible

All my points are right, all of them. If you chose to ignore them to support a silly line you threw out and it makes you feel better then go right ahead. You can have the last word too if you like.[/QUOTE]

Dean Rock has done more at IC level than Hurley.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 958045, member: 24”]All my points are right, all of them.

:clap::D[/QUOTE]
You couldn’t make it up :smiley:

You ain’t seen me, roooight.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BppRbGTIYAARcIM.jpg

how did Fran from Love\Hate end up in them pictures!?

The Kerry lads were telling me James O Donoghue is out for the next month or two. As if things were not bad enough for Kerry.