All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 958281, member: 2660”]I’d say five or six months on the piss and the lack of hunger that inevitably comes with winning an All-Ireland, as well as a lack of panel depth had a hell of lot more to do with it.

I’ll repeat what I said a couple of weeks back - no manager would have got Donegal near winning an All-Ireland last year.[/QUOTE]
Moronic talk.

Classic Kev :smiley:

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958275, member: 273”]Look it up yourself ya useless nordie cunt. You don’t want to watch the games, you get out if bed to go down the road to them, now you want someone else to do your googling for you as well.
I see what they mean about the British welfare state now. Absolutely useless cunts.[/QUOTE]

I can’t find it, given your propensity to lie and fabricate things the onus should be on you to prove he said it, after all you are the one making the claim. Where did he say it? Presumably you read it online although it’s far more likely you imagined him saying that to validate your argument. I am quite rightly very skeptical and dubious towards anything you say given your insatiable appetite to talk through your hole. Ironic that a simpleton like you who is sponging a living over in the Commonwealth failing to hold down a steady job is criticising the British Welfare State.

Just because its not on the internet doesn’t mean it doesnt exist. Kev probably heard it first hand from someone. Simps. :confused:

Classic cop out.

You are talking utter shite. If course they could have won the All Ireland. They just didn’t prepare well enough for it. If they were well prepared and beat Mayo I’d give them a huge chance against Dublin.

To say no manager would have done it is such pub nonsense.

i think any good forward will score against dublin in croker…they give up far too much space…the argumnet for dublin playing games outside croker has to grow …their gameplan is totally tailored to playing in there…i couldn´t see them running through opposition like that in a few tight provincial grounds…

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958336, member: 273”]Classic cop out.

You are talking utter shite. If course they could have won the All Ireland. They just didn’t prepare well enough for it. If they were well prepared and beat Mayo I’d give them a huge chance against Dublin.

To say no manager would have done it is such pub nonsense.[/QUOTE]
You just don’t get it, Kev.

Every county that has won an All-Ireland football title for the past quarter of a century has had similar problems to Donegal, and in Donegal’s case it would obviously be worse as 2012 was their second ever All-Ireland. Tyrone and Armagh’s hunger was noticeably diminished the year after they won their All-Irelands. Down, Galway, Donegal in 1992. Dublin and Cork too. Kerry weren’t immune from it. Neither were Meath.

You seem to be under the apprehension that GAA inter-county teams are professional sporting organisations. They aren’t. Players have to go to work or college. In many instances they may live over 100 miles away from where their county team trains. You can waffle on on all you want about training methods and sports science - sports science can not instill real hunger and real desire in a group of players who are sated. Human beings aren’t robots and sports science isn’t hypnosis.

Even in professional sport where these factors shouldn’t apply as much, they do. No team has retained the European Cup since 1990 - presumably every one of those teams got it wrong in their training methods the next season as well?

I would love if Dublin played outside Croke Park during the championship.

I never thought I would be saying this but we did miss Ger Brennan at centre back especially with O’Sullivan in the midfield. We badly need to find another midfielder to compliment MDM and then look at moving O’Sullivan back to centre back. He is made for that position.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958228, member: 273”]Ya I still do “long runs”, but not the lap variety. It may explain their collapse last year.
65-80% runs no longer than 90 secs, 1:1, 1:2, 2:1 variation of rests
80-100% runs no longer than 150M
3:1, 4:1, 5:1 of speed endurance (60-150M)
2 mins rest on any flat out sprints. It’s very simple.

Jimmy McGuinness only said last week he had to change his training as he had injured a load of the players.[/QUOTE]
Jimmy McGuinness should more time on here reading Kev’s posts and learning how to prepare a team properly. It’s really very simple.

+1

Sounds like Kevin should have been training the Donegal team last year rather than halfway around the world training abbos.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 958381, member: 2533”]+1

Sounds like Kevin should have been training the Donegal team last year rather than halfway around the world training abbos.[/QUOTE]

I cant understand why Kev is not in charge of the Cork Footballers and Hurlers, If he was in charge of them they would be winning both Football and Hurling All Irelands every year.

Suppose Corks loss is the abbos gain. :smiley:

Conor Gillespie of Meath the latest intercounty player to suffer an ACL injury.

My source (Kev) is 100% certain that the blame for this unfortunate injury lies entirely with poor training methods. I’m counting this as an exclusive.

I’m really looking forward to Kevin showing me the article where McGuinness says his training methods were responsible for injuries.

I would like to see this too

You owe Kev an apology

Jim McGuinness admits he had to reverse his training methods to cut out the number of injuries which plagued Donegal’s 2013 campaign.

[I]The Donegal boss masterminded a 1-11 to 0-11 win over Derry last Sunday week to kick-start their championship on a positive note.

“We took a different approach this year,” McGuinness said at his half-term report to Donegal county committee on Tuesday night.

"For the last couple of years we worked very hard at the beginning of the year and would have started off on high intensity levels and would have tried to build endurance in the weeks and months leading into championship. We have flipped that this year and taken a different approach to the training.[/I]

"We are looking at a more long-term approach now. The key reason behind that was the number of players we had injured last year and trying to bring them with us this year. We figured that if we worked very hard early in the season that we would put them under pressure.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2014/0605/ireland/mcguinness-acts-to-reduce-injuries-271060.html

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 958427, member: 2272”]Jim McGuinness admits he had to reverse his training methods to cut out the number of injuries which plagued Donegal’s 2013 campaign.

[I]The Donegal boss masterminded a 1-11 to 0-11 win over Derry last Sunday week to kick-start their championship on a positive note.

“We took a different approach this year,” McGuinness said at his half-term report to Donegal county committee on Tuesday night.

"For the last couple of years we worked very hard at the beginning of the year and would have started off on high intensity levels and would have tried to build endurance in the weeks and months leading into championship. We have flipped that this year and taken a different approach to the training.[/I]

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2014/0605/ireland/mcguinness-acts-to-reduce-injuries-271060.html[/QUOTE]

Where does McGuinness suggest his training methods caused injuries? What the quotes from McGuinness suggest is that they had a lot of injuries last year and rather than put these players under pressure in the early part of the year, they eased off on their intensity. Nowhere does it suggest McGuinness admitting his training methods caused injuries.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 958364, member: 2660”]You just don’t get it, Kev.

Every county that has won an All-Ireland football title for the past quarter of a century has had similar problems to Donegal, and in Donegal’s case it would obviously be worse as 2012 was their second ever All-Ireland. Tyrone and Armagh’s hunger was noticeably diminished the year after they won their All-Irelands. Down, Galway, Donegal in 1992. Dublin and Cork too. Kerry weren’t immune from it. Neither were Meath.

You seem to be under the apprehension that GAA inter-county teams are professional sporting organisations. They aren’t. Players have to go to work or college. In many instances they may live over 100 miles away from where their county team trains. You can waffle on on all you want about training methods and sports science - sports science can not instill real hunger and real desire in a group of players who are sated. Human beings aren’t robots and sports science isn’t hypnosis.

Even in professional sport where these factors shouldn’t apply as much, they do. No team has retained the European Cup since 1990 - presumably every one of those teams got it wrong in their training methods the next season as well?[/QUOTE]
Ridiculous comparision. One cos it’s professional sport, two a lot more teams are capable of winning CL than AI.
Everything else is bollix. I know better than most about the differences having work at amatuer, semi-pro & pro sport.

You have already given me the answer I would give you. There is no need to celebrate any competition for 5/6 months (although I don’t believe that an think you were exaggerating for effect). And of course sports science can help, both mentally and physically.

But I can’t expect you to understand that. Just like an accountant wouldn’t expect me to understand Tax laws and likes, I can’t expect you to understand sports science or sports psychology

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958432, member: 273”]Ridiculous comparision. One cos it’s professional sport, two a lot more teams are capable of winning CL than AI.
Everything else is bollix. I know better than most about the differences having work at amatuer, semi-pro & pro sport.

You have already given me the answer I would give you. There is no need to celebrate any competition for 5/6 months (although I don’t believe that an think you were exaggerating for effect). And of course sports science can help, both mentally and physically.

But I can’t expect you to understand that. Just like an accountant wouldn’t expect me to understand Tax laws and likes, I can’t expect you to understand sports science or sports psychology[/QUOTE]

You are much a sports scientist as Fooley is a lawyer.

When you know how.
What I have heard about their training, and I have never got an actual transcript, so who knows, it was always the type that would burn a team in a year or two.
I said that last year. But fellas laughed it off. Ignorance is a funny thing. And a is a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, which is what a lot of guys here seem to have. Thankfully it’s only sport and thankfully none of these clowns are over any teams. It would be carnage.