All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

What age is Munnelly now? Are him and Sheehan the only surving players from when they won Leinster?

I tend to find it quite bizarre also, but thats a great angle on the point, he had next to nothing to aim at. Baffles me how Cooper could get MOTM, of course its a corrupt mickey mouse concept but still, it was a joke.

I’d hazard a guess at 32, think he was an U21 or just out of U21 in '03.

Sheehan wasn’t there in '03, he came in '04.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 958640, member: 1”]The whole article says nothing of the sort. The headline (which McGuinness didn’t write) suggests it but it’s an example of a sub-editor not reading an article properly and just making up a headline that might grab attention. It only takes basic comprehension skills to figure out that McGuinness is adjusting training schedules to cater for players coming back from injury, not to prevent players getting injured.

You can hate McGuinness if you want. You can think he’s overrated or that he got lucky. But it takes real narrow mindedness to pretend that Donegal have done anything other than grossly overachieve since he took over.[/QUOTE]
i neversaid anything of the sort, i don’t hate him, i admire him but don’t agree with everything he did and alot of his carry on flies in the face of basic sports psychologhy. However he in some cases would have had his reasons as he knows Donegal well and i didn’t really question anything pre-All-Ireland. I respec t greatly his winning of the All-Ireland and there are many ways to skin a cat, and the way he did it seems to have been short term goals. And thats absolutely fine. I believe he can still, and could have then, made them a more sustainable and injury free team.

That article is McGuinness saying lads got injured because of the heavy early season training. If you didn’t have this disagreement with me you’d see it that way too. Its about as honest an assessment and admittance of a mistake as you’ll get. But i get the feeling its just hindsight that has shown this, and thats admireable too. They saw an issue and dealt with it and were not stubborn enough, ala Conor Counihan, to think the same thing can keep working.

The only people who i have spoke to or read see it the way i see it. TFK is the only place they see it any other way, and its funny its only lads who i historically make a clown out of on football matters. Donegal lads close to the team see it that way.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958882, member: 273”]

That article is McGuinness saying lads got injured because of the heavy early season training. If you didn’t have this disagreement with me you’d see it that way too. Its about as honest an assessment and admittance of a mistake as you’ll get. [/QUOTE]

Show me the quote where he says that.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 958882, member: 273”]i neversaid anything of the sort, i don’t hate him, i admire him but don’t agree with everything he did and alot of his carry on flies in the face of basic sports psychologhy. However he in some cases would have had his reasons as he knows Donegal well and i didn’t really question anything pre-All-Ireland. I respec t greatly his winning of the All-Ireland and there are many ways to skin a cat, and the way he did it seems to have been short term goals. And thats absolutely fine. I believe he can still, and could have then, made them a more sustainable and injury free team.

That article is McGuinness saying lads got injured because of the heavy early season training. If you didn’t have this disagreement with me you’d see it that way too. Its about as honest an assessment and admittance of a mistake as you’ll get. But i get the feeling its just hindsight that has shown this, and thats admireable too. They saw an issue and dealt with it and were not stubborn enough, ala Conor Counihan, to think the same thing can keep working.

The only people who i have spoke to or read see it the way i see it. TFK is the only place they see it any other way, and its funny its only lads who i historically make a clown out of on football matters. Donegal lads close to the team see it that way.[/QUOTE]
Kev, what was the average reading age of the people you have spoke to about the article? Your claim was that McGuinness said he had injured a load of the players. To support that you are relying on a dim misinterpretation of an article which says nothing of the sort. But in true Kev fashion, this is backed up by people you’ve met.

Could be some of the “abbos” he trains who receive little formal education or of course they could be fictional people created by Kevin to support his argument.

I see Eoin Bradley is off to the US for the summer as is Cailean O’Boyle. I wouldn’t rate O’Boyle too highly but Derry are quite short on options in the full forward line so it’s a blow for them.

:clap:

Kev wins.

Kev wins.[/QUOTE]

think the article kind of ties in with what he is saying too in fairness …

You might be able to show me where McGuinness says his training methods caused injuries then.

I was up on the far part of the Hill directly in line with the angle of that kick, and as a patronising Dublin supporter, I was pleased to applaud it as “a great score”.

How is the ‘banter’ on the Hill these days? I’d say its great crack all the same. Does yer man still be there with his tinfoil replica Sam Maguire? And the lads with the bodhrán’s? Ah great aul characters I bet.

He does, well he was there last September at any rate, I haven’t seen him since then. The place has really declined since the lad from Ballybrack who played the bagpipes stopped coming, though.

It’s like snooker and tennis - there just aren’t the great 'oul characters there used to be back in the rare 'oul times.

But Rocko I train a football team with 5 Donegal lads, from the players and manager involve included. This is what us football people talk about in the pub after a game. What did ye do at training, what did they do. What’s that lad like, is this true etc etc. I know lots of people Rocko, I’ve been involved in all sorts of sports and levels for all my adult life in 3 different countries. It really doesn’t bother me weather anyone believes me of course. But the info the lads were giving tallies up with my theories/suspicions on Donegal and McGuiness himself confirms it.
I threw that across the lads before the article ever arose in fact. And the fact is the players were in ribbons after a few weeks last year and a number of them missed a lot of training.
By changing something you are accepting that something wasn’t as it should be. McGuinness clearly indicates injuries were the reason for changing training.
Seriously, you’re not that fucking stupid, I know your not. But your stubbornness is well known, and embarrassing here in this case. It’s just one of those things we all have, our strengths can be our weaknesses and visa versa.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 959097, member: 273”]
By changing something you are accepting that something wasn’t as it should be. McGuinness clearly indicates injuries were the reason for changing training.
Seriously, you’re not that fucking stupid, I know your not. But your stubbornness is well known, and embarrassing here in this case. It’s just one of those things we all have, our strengths can be our weaknesses and visa versa.[/QUOTE]

Once again I will ask, where did he state his training methods were the cause of injuries?

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 959097, member: 273”]But Rocko I train a football team with 5 Donegal lads, from the players and manager involve included. This is what us football people talk about in the pub after a game. What did ye do at training, what did they do. What’s that lad like, is this true etc etc. I know lots of people Rocko, I’ve been involved in all sorts of sports and levels for all my adult life in 3 different countries. It really doesn’t bother me weather anyone believes me of course. But the info the lads were giving tallies up with my theories/suspicions on Donegal and McGuiness himself confirms it.
I threw that across the lads before the article ever arose in fact. And the fact is the players were in ribbons after a few weeks last year and a number of them missed a lot of training.
Seriously, you’re not that fucking stupid, I know your not. But your stubbornness is well known, and embarrassing here in this case. It’s just one of those things we all have, our strengths can be our weaknesses and visa versa.[/QUOTE]
What you’re actually arguing there Kevin is that something should never be changed until it fails. Now that would be rather stupid, and certainly stubborn and embarrassing.

The really clued in people change things to anticipate different situations and circumstances. That you clearly don’t advocate that kind of thinking says a lot.

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 959127, member: 2660”]
The really clued in people change things to anticipate different situations and circumstances.

.[/QUOTE]

complete bollox…especially in GAA… Dublin had to get one of their worst beatings in history off Kerry before Gilroy change and went on to win All irleand… Clare had to get hammered by Cork for Davy to crack open the Miwadi and have a rethink about things… Tipp hurlers keep doing the same thing…
any good manager will tell you that you learn way more from a loss than you do from a win…
I can’t believe the amount of bullshit you have got away with speaking here over the last week… yet Kev gets called to task about having a bit of inside info on a team due to the fact that he works and spends all his spare time in that environment … coaches are always discussing what’s going on and what way county teams are training…one txt and I could tell u the Dublin team for Saturday and who’s going well in training and I wouldn’t even be involved with any team… that’s how easy the info gets around…
I don’t agree with Kev on most things but having to explain himself to so many wankers on this particular matter is ridiculous

[QUOTE=“scumpot, post: 959140, member: 182”]complete bollox…especially in GAA… Dublin had to get one of their worst beatings in history off Kerry before Gilroy change and went on to win All irleand… Clare had to get hammered by Cork for Davy to crack open the Miwadi and have a rethink about things… Tipp hurlers keep doing the same thing…
any good manager will tell you that you learn way more from a loss than you do from a win…
I can’t believe the amount of bullshit you have got away with speaking here over the last week… yet Kev gets called to task about having a bit of inside info on a team due to the fact that he works and spends all his spare time in that environment … coaches are always discussing what’s going on and what way county teams are training…one txt and I could tell u the Dublin team for Saturday and who’s going well in training and I wouldn’t even be involved with any team… that’s how easy the info gets around…
I don’t agree with Kev on most things but having to explain himself to so many wankers on this particular matter is ridiculous[/QUOTE]

Kev and Cumspot.

[ATTACH=full]1353[/ATTACH]