All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

not new born tase. we had established that.

fair enough then, that is a different story

Donie Shine did the cruciate on Sunday. It was insanity to persist with him when he was clearly injured. The Roscommon management deserve dogs abuse for not taking him off earlier.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 959303, member: 273”]Strong views? No. Ultimately a parent lives and dies by their own decisions. However i don’t think you can think it out too much.
Alternative, open-minded? Yes

The few things i have discussed on kids have been fed (pun most definitely intended) to me by friends of mine, Mid-Wives, Child Psychologists and the like. People i’d trust with my own kids in time. Most things thrown at me here was the “oh wait till you have to get up a 3 in the morning” stuff.“you have no idea”, “you’ll have no life” blaa blaa blaa. People who complain about such things are selfish cunts. It might be easy to say now, but i know myself it won’t change, but i think getting up at all hours and spending time with the baby would be one of the most special times of your life and a massive bond builder. I really look forward to it. People i tend to like and admire around me seem to have the same attitude.
other than that though i haven’t a fucking clue, and i’ll make it up as i go along.

Would you trust an alcoholic like sid and a child like totti to train the Donegal football team? Or any football team for that matter? The lads here talk some unbelievable shite, they have no idea what they are on about sometimes and try to cover it up with complicated and ignorant responses. I have embarrassed a few of them in the past so they constantly look for revenge and jump on anything said.
But in a weird way this place prepares you for idiots you meet in real life, you just laugh them off.[/QUOTE]

Kevin, you are very desperate to have your views taken seriously on here, so much so that you have to revert to convenient anecdotal stories to corroborate your views - most people don’t have to go down that road. They can usually debate matters with reference to actual events and logic, this seems to be above board with you.

You have also gone and ran to the hills on a number of issues with me. Must be embarrassing for an expert like you to be exposed by an alcoholic and a child. Now can you please tell me where Jim McGuinness said his training methods caused injuries?

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 959200, member: 273”]Are you retarded? I told lads 2 years go McGuinness should change things after the All Ireland.
[/QUOTE]
Why do advocate the exact opposite in your above post, then?

No need for cheap insults just because your arguments are a load of crap, mate.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 959316, member: 2533”]Kevin, you are very desperate to have your views taken seriously on here, so much so that you have to revert to convenient anecdotal stories to corroborate your views - most people don’t have to go down that road. They can usually debate matters with reference to actual events and logic, this seems to be above board with you.

You have also gone and ran to the hills on a number of issues with me. Must be embarrassing for an expert like you to be exposed by an alcoholic and a child. Now can you please tell me where Jim McGuinness said his training methods caused injuries?[/QUOTE]
There’s a terrible neediness about Kev.

We established nothing of the sort. You insisted it was fine for new borns as an alternative when other avenues fail.

:smiley:

moreso than the Northie Stinkpot who thinks he´s Italian ??..:eek:

I’m a weak, weak person.

of that there is no doubt…you´d argue with a fly to chase the feeling of being right…:frowning: terrible to see in one so young…

And some people would argue and be evasive until the cows come home just to avoid being exposed as a spoofer. It takes two.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 959200, member: 273”]Are you retarded? I told lads 2 years go McGuinness should change things after the All Ireland.
I’m telling you what I see Big Jim doing, nothing else.
Nothing you say now will help you recover from the hammering I have given you are your mates the last week.[/QUOTE]

I think what you actually said at the time was more or less the opposite:

“The way I would look at it is, if you were to walk into either job next year you’d be starting from scratch again with Kildare whereas you’d only be tweaking and moving on with Donegal.”

You also said around that time:

“They [Donegal] will be a force as long as McGuinness is there. It’s that simple really.”

and

“I can’t explain how much I admire them and McGuinness in particular.”

but when Donegal were knocked out of the Championship last year you memorably stated McGuinness should step down.

That was just before you predicted Dublin’s midfield and half backs would be their undoing last year, before you changed your mind to suit your current argument and claimed the forwards look good because Dublin are so strong in those other areas.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 959365, member: 1”]I think what you actually said at the time was more or less the opposite:

“The way I would look at it is, if you were to walk into either job next year you’d be starting from scratch again with Kildare whereas you’d only be tweaking and moving on with Donegal.”

“They [Donegal] will be a force as long as McGuinness is there. It’s that simple really.”

and

but when Donegal were knocked out of the Championship last year you memorably stated McGuinness should step down.

That was just before you predicted Dublin’s midfield and half backs would be their undoing last year, before you changed your mind to suit your current argument and claimed the forwards look good because Dublin are so strong in those other areas.[/QUOTE]

Kevin’s points are right, all of them - even the ones that are wrong and are in direction contradiction with each other.

Kevin is a fantastic poster and I’d say a swell person.

His posts, while often in direct contradiction are honest at the time and we can ask no more than that.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 959365, member: 1”]I think what you actually said at the time was more or less the opposite:

and

That was just before you predicted Dublin’s midfield and half backs would be their undoing last year, before you changed your mind to suit your current argument and claimed the forwards look good because Dublin are so strong in those other areas.[/QUOTE]
As appendage says below. You only state what you can see at the time.
As I mentioned several times before, I felt he had changed significantly as time went on. I think the glory got to him.
Have you ever adjusted your views on something? I don’t hang around with McGuinness, I don’t know him since childhood, just like the majority of people we talk about on here. We, unfairly sometimes judge them in why we see on the outside an try and look beyon that.
What you posted up is exactly what Sid was suggesting an what I said above to scumpot. You tweak different things a much for training variability as anything. The problem seems to me is that, and this is very common, that teams feel they have to do the same training load every year to be successful. There are many strands to training, volume, load, intensity and variability. You cannot go hard at all of them all the time. If you have 2-3 years if heavy work done, you don’t lose that. But you do not need to keep doing the heavy lifting and running. I have a feeling this I what Donegal did, they didn’t allow for the cumulative fatigue, which often doesn’t raise it’s ugly head till it’s too late.
Now that they didn’t do all o the above they suffered, and that wa last year. Lesson learned. Now Jimmy et al have gone with a different more scientific you would assume approach. I would have assumed they were at this in 2011/2012 with the background of the people involved, but they clearly were not.
I’m obviously not privy to all this info at the time so you are always putting it together with what you see in the field, results, injuries, form, even rumours and some more solid info like I might get from the lads here from donegal (who happen to be good footballers so it’s very believable they are in the know in a county like donegal and come from clubs of the players and management) etc.

As for Dublin. I admitted long long go I was wrong about the limits of Gavin’s plan and their style. They really took me aback and by the end of the year I was really a big fan I them and more appreciative of a few players skills. Gavin has unearthed confidence in lad like Connolly, Brennan and O Sullivan and the likes would have seen by the scumpots of the world, but was not apparent to the wider world. Any of the real Dub fans would agree midfield was not an area of real strength till last year and even at tht it took COS a couple of games to get going. He grew into it though. He is still only there because of a lack of a partner for MDM. I still think Brennan is very vulnerable and in an ideal world McCarthy or O Sullivan play No. 6 and Dublin find another midfielder.
I also had not counted in McCaffery being as good as he is, and he was unproven on big CP days. That changed, I also expected teams to put up something to stifle Dublin, but this never happened and everyone just went toe to toe, which is admirable, but fatal ultimately.
Because of personnel and if everyone playing the way they are, only Cork have any chance in CP against Dublin this year it would seem right now. Mayo may be timing a later peak, but for now they look to have gone back.

I’m sure if I really wanted to try and make you look contradictory I could waste my time traipsing thru the website for info on any number of subjects, but to be honest I don’t give that much of a fuck and I don’t feel the need to be shown to be right in front of my mates the way you do. I’m sure because you are in front of your drinking mates here you are that bit more driven to look good. Thankfully I don’t, and even I my mates were on here (and I know one or two do look in) they and me both know I don’t give a fuck. I’m not afraid of mistakes or being wrong. However I would be afraid of being a stubborn untrustworthy sneaky cunt like you who reveals personal messages about posters on here. But maybe that doesn’t bother you.

We did actually. My midwifery frien got back to me and I put it up here somewhere. She said it can be used for new borns but takes a lot of creation to match the different values breast milk to use it instead of formula. It can be done, but for practical reasons it’s rarely done. She said it’s generally after a period of time and they are weined on to it.
So it can be used, but basically she said it was the real particular types who were willing to put the time into that did it.
Generally she advises people to use formula but get them into goats milk as soon as makes sense.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 959670, member: 273”]As appendage says below. You only state what you can see at the time.
As I mentioned several times before, I felt he had changed significantly as time went on. I think the glory got to him.
Have you ever adjusted your views on something? I don’t hang around with McGuinness, I don’t know him since childhood, just like the majority of people we talk about on here. We, unfairly sometimes judge them in why we see on the outside an try and look beyon that.
What you posted up is exactly what Sid was suggesting an what I said above to scumpot. You tweak different things a much for training variability as anything. The problem seems to me is that, and this is very common, that teams feel they have to do the same training load every year to be successful. There are many strands to training, volume, load, intensity and variability. You cannot go hard at all of them all the time. If you have 2-3 years if heavy work done, you don’t lose that. But you do not need to keep doing the heavy lifting and running. I have a feeling this I what Donegal did, they didn’t allow for the cumulative fatigue, which often doesn’t raise it’s ugly head till it’s too late.
Now that they didn’t do all o the above they suffered, and that wa last year. Lesson learned. Now Jimmy et al have gone with a different more scientific you would assume approach. I would have assumed they were at this in 2011/2012 with the background of the people involved, but they clearly were not.
I’m obviously not privy to all this info at the time so you are always putting it together with what you see in the field, results, injuries, form, even rumours and some more solid info like I might get from the lads here from donegal (who happen to be good footballers so it’s very believable they are in the know in a county like donegal and come from clubs of the players and management) etc.

As for Dublin. I admitted long long go I was wrong about the limits of Gavin’s plan and their style. They really took me aback and by the end of the year I was really a big fan I them and more appreciative of a few players skills. Gavin has unearthed confidence in lad like Connolly, Brennan and O Sullivan and the likes would have seen by the scumpots of the world, but was not apparent to the wider world. Any of the real Dub fans would agree midfield was not an area of real strength till last year and even at tht it took COS a couple of games to get going. He grew into it though. He is still only there because of a lack of a partner for MDM. I still think Brennan is very vulnerable and in an ideal world McCarthy or O Sullivan play No. 6 and Dublin find another midfielder.
I also had not counted in McCaffery being as good as he is, and he was unproven on big CP days. That changed, I also expected teams to put up something to stifle Dublin, but this never happened and everyone just went toe to toe, which is admirable, but fatal ultimately.
Because of personnel and if everyone playing the way they are, only Cork have any chance in CP against Dublin this year it would seem right now. Mayo may be timing a later peak, but for now they look to have gone back.

I’m sure if I really wanted to try and make you look contradictory I could waste my time traipsing thru the website for info on any number of subjects, but to be honest I don’t give that much of a fuck and I don’t feel the need to be shown to be right in front of my mates the way you do. I’m sure because you are in front of your drinking mates here you are that bit more driven to look good. Thankfully I don’t, and even I my mates were on here (and I know one or two do look in) they and me both know I don’t give a fuck. I’m not afraid of mistakes or being wrong. However I would be afraid of being a stubborn untrustworthy sneaky cunt like you who reveals personal messages about posters on here. But maybe that doesn’t bother you.[/QUOTE]
Kevin,

We’ve always had a very cordial and productive e-relationship. I’m disappointed you personalised the attack with derogotary adjectives and the traditional PM slur. I don’t recall ever questioning your motives or integrity.

Nevertheless I feel it would be remiss of me not to point out one or two grievances I have with the substance of your reply.

The purpose of highlighting your comments on McGuinness around the time of the All Ireland win, was not to expose your hypocrisy or, more benignly, the maturation of your views. It was to directly address your comment that you told everyone McGuinness needed to change things 2 years ago. The reality is that you said almost the exact opposite of that. With hindsight it is perfectly reasonable to say that the views you had then were either right or wrong and who cares. But hindsight doesn’t give you the opportunity to change what you actually said and claim orcale status as a result.

To avoid going around in circles on this issue, let’s just agree that when you said “you’d only be tweaking and moving on with Donegal” you have changed your mind since.

You will doubtless be aware that the All Ireland Championship is an unforgiving tournament that doesn’t afford participants much chance to recover if they have an off day. Donegal were very poor on exiting the Championship last year but your assertion at the time that McGuinness should step down was absurd. Likewise your insistence now that Donegal “cleraly were not” using a scientific approach before now is utterly at odds with everything you wrote at the time, everything that was in the media at the time, and the general acceptance that a core component in Donegal’s All Ireland win was their scientific approach to training.

You were not “privvy to all this info at the time” and you’re not privvy to it now. You’re guessing as you readily admit. Some of it is informed guesswork, some of it is based on your studies, some of it is based on misreading newspaper articles, some of it is based on people Kev knows. All of it contributes to an opinion you form and then declare that selfsame opinion to be unimpeachable, indisputable and how dare anyone challenge it ever and this is the fucking truth goddammit and what anyone else know who isn’t close to the Donegal community in Perth?

I agree with most of what you’re written about Dublin there. Again, the cause of debate was that you were so vehement and absolute in your views last year that Dublin would be found out because of the weaknesses (that became strengths). And you are equally determined this year to say that Dublin don’t have a strong group of forwards on the bench because you’re palpably unfamiliar with one of them and the rest you believe are undermined because Dublin are so good in other areas and because of something about Brian Hurley.

TFK would be nothing without opinions and it would be a dull place without your contributions. But arguing that Dublin don’t have a historically strong group of forwards on the bench appeared contrary more than anything.

That seems like a pretty preposterous statement - one which you’d fail to support with a rationale argument.

Also Kevin can you see the irony with this post you made dismissing something I said recently and what you just said above?

But you are putting them ahead of proven goal scorers an forwards who have produced on the big days. It’s the talk of a 16 year old. Typical lad going around saying we’ve a “savage” team in paper without actually having a clue what it takes to win All Ireland’s.
It’s a feather in the cap to be scoring in Sigerson and the league and it’s not easy no doubt, however it’s nuts to put them with lads that have scored goals in CP in All Ireland 1/4, semi or finals.

Scoring against Rory O Carroll or Marc O Se or Anthony Lynch or Shields at their peak in cp on big days is a good sight harder than subs in February or in Sigerson.

When they start doing that come back to me. And you still avoided the actual question.
Going on those images though McCurry does have a nice finish.

So is your rationale for Cork being Dublin’s main rivals for the All Ireland the exact same rationale that you used to demean my opinion that Tyrone are one of the main pack of contenders for the All Ireland? You like to tell people they are wrong and you are the expert who knows everything and is always right but it’s a little hard to take you arguments seriously when you can’t even agree with your own arguments. You seem to rate Cork way ahead of the rest of the chasing pack with nothing but “paper talk” to assert your view, something you have drawn derision on my posts for.