All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Nice guys finish last, pal.

Do I have to have played at a high level of football to make the observation that there are few managers who wouldn’t have done something different over the course of a season with the benefit of hindsight?

Has Kevin ever played in Croke Park?

I asked you a simple question…what level and what experience do you have being in and around high level teams *?..

*standing in the crowd behind the goal wearinf the replica shirt doesn’t count

Underage trophys are worthless mate.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 960003, member: 2533”]That’s not proof, pal. You said you could have the team for Saturday’s game within 5 minutes. You haven’t provided that, now you can put up or shut up - it’s really that simple. Why do I feel the need to call Kevin out on everything? I don’t feel the need to call him out on everything, Kevin likes to tell us that we know nothing and that he is right when it’s not the case and if I have a basis to dispute that I will. I’ll post as I please, I will read whatever posts I like and respond to whatever posts I like. You seem to be getting very worked up about me challenging a few posters on things they said, if you’d like not to be exposed as a bluffer then the safest option would be not to bluff. It’s ironic that you tell me I should alter my posting style in order to accept Kevin’s. Kevin is big enough to look after himself, he’s big enough to tell everyone they know nothing or that they don’t understand but there is a huge body of evidence that shows Kevin’s arguments are conflicted and based on convenient anecdotal tales which he seems to ignore or avoid.

As for McGuinness and Donegal, that’s your opinion but McGuinness didn’t say what Kevin said he did. Nowhere can I see McGuinness saying his training methods caused injuries.[/QUOTE]

fair enough… you think I’m a bluffer …no problem

[QUOTE=“scumpot, post: 960017, member: 182”]I asked you a simple question…what level and what experience do you have being in and around high level teams *?..

*standing in the crowd behind the goal wearinf the replica shirt doesn’t count[/QUOTE]
I’ve never played inter-county football, mate and never played club football or hurling to a particularly high level. I was involved in rowing at inter-varsities level for two years, which involved pretty heavy training - twice a day, most days.

What exactly do you have a problem with in what I’ve posted over the last couple of weeks, as you’ve squarely failed to point anything out so far except to resort to bland generalisations - followed by your having to resort to non sequiturs.

Huh?..what’s that go to do with GAA ??.. my point is surely its normal enough that somebody who has experience of training a team in GAA might know what a manager is getting at more than somebody who has absolutely no experience …to me it makes perfect sense…

Bollix
Jimmy Barry Murphy.

It’s to do with fitness and preparation, mate, not GAA. Kev to the best of my knowledge coaches in a sport other than GAA - and anyway what exactly is your experience of playing and managing at a high level?

I asked you a question there in my last post, which you evaded.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 960034, member: 273”]Bollix
Jimmy Barry Murphy.[/QUOTE]
David Beckham
Jonny Wilkinson

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 960035, member: 2660”] and anyway what exactly is your experience of playing and managing at a high level?
.[/QUOTE]

never managed or coached at high level…so tahts why I would listen to some of the things @caoimhaoin says on the matter…:wink:

[QUOTE=“The Scouse Cafu, post: 960035, member: 2660”]It’s to do with fitness and preparation, mate, not GAA. Kev to the best of my knowledge coaches in a sport other than GAA - and anyway what exactly is your experience of playing and managing at a high level?

I asked you a question there in my last post, which you evaded.[/QUOTE]
Incorrect. I’m coaching a Gaelic football team this year. I have been a coach, player, trainer, manager, masseuse, forwards coach, S&C in
various sports for 17/18 years. 2 of those were with AFL teams, 2 with soccer, 1 with rugby and a number of one on one clients from tennis, surfing, beach volleyball to soccer. They often over lapped with me playing mostly soccer, hurling and football. I have worked with u-8’s to professional sports people. Next week I’m going spending a week with a professional sporting team here. Just experience really, but nevertheless it will be good.
I took an approach of “if you don’t ask, you can’t have”. And I have been lucky enough to get some high level experience over here.
However all it did was re-enforce that what I was studying was more advanced an better and that in Ireland we are far better than we even realise. The GAA is truly amazing.

Again, mate, I asked you a question which you didn’t answer.

what was it?..

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 960034, member: 273”]Bollix
Jimmy Barry Murphy.[/QUOTE]

Tony Mowbray.

What did he win? Seriously, I don’t know.

He was a nice guy who wasn’t very successful.

Well called chewy.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 959979, member: 273”]No doubt. Where did I say anything contray that?
All teams plan for their subs to have an impact these days. And the way Dublin team tire and they can then come on and pretty easily punish tired teams.
I never argued that. Rocko got up on his high horse cos I pulled him on his over the top description of the subs. It’s tht simple. It has led to him to question every single thing I have said on football in 3 years, which I think reflects more on him than me.[/QUOTE]

This argument has been on the go since Dublin announced their team last week.

That must be some sort of record.