All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Ya, the double bounce and 8 steps.

beacons of sportsmanship apparently

Spillane says no black cards all year but makes no reference to the number of red cards, biting etc. Brolly crucified Sean Kavanagh for pulling a player down but gives Dublin a free pass on and the dragging down antics in the closing stages of last years AIF.

It appears MDMA doesn’t like being on the receiving end of his own style of tackling based on today

Nail. On. Head

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 973233, member: 1379”]beacons of sportsmanship apparently

Spillane says no black cards all year but makes no reference to the number of red cards, biting etc. Brolly crucified Sean Kavanagh for pulling a player down but gives Dublin a free pass on and the dragging down antics in the closing stages of last years AIF.

It appears MDMA doesn’t like being on the receiving end of his own style of tackling based on today[/QUOTE]

+1 to all of that

The hypocrisy around them on Dublin is sickening. No mention is made of their cynicism which really comes into action near the end of close games they are involved. Last year’s final against Mayo being a prime and it wasn’t really touched on. MacAuley is a by a long way the most cynical player in the game and his behaviour is never even discussed.

When is the draw for the qualifiers?

From a Tyrone perspective we would definitely be looking avoid Kildare or Armagh/Monaghan.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 973233, member: 1379”]beacons of sportsmanship apparently

It appears MDMA doesn’t like being on the receiving end of his own style of tackling based on today[/QUOTE]

That’s because Joe doesn’t criticise successful teams. He is the best in the business for jumping up on the AI winners bandwagon, however when things start to go wrong he’s the first to jump off. A good example is his criticism of Mickey Harte and Tyrone. When Tyrone were successful Joe wouldn’t miss a chance to praise them. It wouldn’t matter if RTE were covering Westmeath v Longford but Joe would find a way to bring Tyrone into it. But now that they’re going through a lean spell he criticises them for being cynical and says that Mickey Harte has them badly organised. I didn’t hear Joe giving out about Tyrone’s cynicism when they were winning All Ireland’s.

Odd to see lads queuing up to get on the offended bus after a facile Dublin win.

What exactly did MDMA do today to earn everyone’s scorn. He had a bit of pushing and shoving near the end, not exactly thuggery. Apart from that it seems to be constant references to the All Ireland Final last year which wad hardly such a low point in cynicism that it needs to be brought up to qualify every Dublin performance in the future.

Poor enough game today anyway. Dublin took their time getting going again but didn’t even really have any sustained periods of excellence even when they began to fire. Wexford looked short on belief from the start, always playing like they were going to take a beating.

Surprised to see Mannion getting criticised here too. Thought he was Dublin’s best forward after Flynn. McManamon and Rock were poor enough, particularly the latter. Alan Brogan looked dangerous and played a couple of lovely passes but was wasteful too. Connolly was quieter than normal.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 973308, member: 1”]Odd to see lads queuing up to get on the offended bus after a facile Dublin win.

What exactly did MDMA do today to earn everyone’s scorn. He had a bit of pushing and shoving near the end, not exactly thuggery. Apart from that it seems to be constant references to the All Ireland Final last year which wad hardly such a low point in cynicism that it needs to be brought up to qualify every Dublin performance in the future.

Poor enough game today anyway. Dublin took their time getting going again but didn’t even really have any sustained periods of excellence even when they began to fire. Wexford looked short on belief from the start, always playing like they were going to take a beating.

Surprised to see Mannion getting criticised here too. Thought he was Dublin’s best forward after Flynn. McManamon and Rock were poor enough, particularly the latter. Alan Brogan looked dangerous and played a couple of lovely passes but was wasteful too. Connolly was quieter than normal.[/QUOTE]

MacAuley gets away with murder (figuratively) every game and it’s never mentioned. The comments made regards Dublin on here are not to do with lads getting on the offended bus but to do with a tiredness listening to the likes of Spillane and Brolly painting this Dublin team as “beacons of sportsmanship”. Compare this to the hysteria that surrounds any foul or free Sean Cavanagh is involved in. The fact is Dublin do the same things they deride other teams for, we probably don’t see as often as Dublin’s game usually aren’t that competitive. In a close and tight game against Mayo last season we saw that they will resort to other means.

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10505618_496272627173556_5495733729287145097_n.jpg

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 973308, member: 1”]
Surprised to see Mannion getting criticised here too. Thought he was Dublin’s best forward after Flynn. McManamon and Rock were poor enough, particularly the latter. Alan Brogan looked dangerous and played a couple of lovely passes but was wasteful too. Connolly was quieter than normal.[/QUOTE]
He had a good second half, but he missed about 3-3 in the opening 15 minutes. He’ll be alright, but its back to the bench for Rock.

As the likes of @Spidey and myself have been saying for some time, Costello is the real deal.

Dublin were poor enough today, but its not as if they needed to to any more. They still own handy without exerting any effort. Wexford were awful. They had a chance to dictate the pace of the game and see what Dublin would do to react, but the game just stayed at a really slow pace and Dublin only did what they had to do and swatted Wexfords poor challenge aside.

Lyng was poor by any standards, let alone his high ones of being the main man for us. Brosnan showed flashes, but as usual, he only drifts in and out of games. PJ was much the same. KOG showed some glimpses of the pace he has, and it was a good learning curve for him. I’m still surprised that Holmes is getting his game. Rossiter was poor. Big game for him and I think it showed. Some of his decision making was awful, but he’ll have other days. Waters was again solid in midfield. Cluxton changed his kickouts dramatically and played an awful lot of short ones. Paddy Byrne was ok, but isnt really up to where other teams are with midfielders. I thought Furlong had a great game, defended well and kept a disinterested Connolly very quiet. Molloy was decent too. The rest were ok, its just that Dublin were that much better in standard.

Our play is far too slow though. I’m an awful critic of Flynn since he scored 5 against Longford, but again, he showed all his flaws today. Slowed down the game, soloing at walking pace sideways, took one brutal shot in the first half and didnt look for options. But the slowing down the game is the worst thing. We dont break at any pace at all. We need our half back line to be really fast in either movement or delivery. Paddy Byrne had one other moment when he had a chance to burst straight on through, but he was just so slow in moving and looked so unsure as to what to do.

A few in experienced subs got a run out too. Although I’m surprised to see Eoghan Nolan involved considering he wouldnt tog out with the minors last year.

Macauley is more awkward than cynical…he always tries to rip the ball clean out of opponents grasp…he needs to be more disciplined, but i don’t think its cynical…

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 973374, member: 112”]Dublin were poor enough today, but its not as if they needed to to any more. They still own handy without exerting any effort. Wexford were awful. They had a chance to dictate the pace of the game and see what Dublin would do to react, but the game just stayed at a really slow pace and Dublin only did what they had to do and swatted Wexfords poor challenge aside.

Lyng was poor by any standards, let alone his high ones of being the main man for us. Brosnan showed flashes, but as usual, he only drifts in and out of games. PJ was much the same. KOG showed some glimpses of the pace he has, and it was a good learning curve for him. I’m still surprised that Holmes is getting his game. Rossiter was poor. Big game for him and I think it showed. Some of his decision making was awful, but he’ll have other days. Waters was again solid in midfield. Cluxton changed his kickouts dramatically and played an awful lot of short ones. Paddy Byrne was ok, but isnt really up to where other teams are with midfielders. I thought Furlong had a great game, defended well and kept a disinterested Connolly very quiet. Molloy was decent too. The rest were ok, its just that Dublin were that much better in standard.

Our play is far too slow though. I’m an awful critic of Flynn since he scored 5 against Longford, but again, he showed all his flaws today. Slowed down the game, soloing at walking pace sideways, took one brutal shot in the first half and didnt look for options. But the slowing down the game is the worst thing. We dont break at any pace at all. We need our half back line to be really fast in either movement or delivery. Paddy Byrne had one other moment when he had a chance to burst straight on through, but he was just so slow in moving and looked so unsure as to what to do.

A few in experienced subs got a run out too. Although I’m surprised to see Eoghan Nolan involved considering he wouldnt tog out with the minors last year.[/QUOTE]
Flynn was embarrassing. He couldn’t execute basics but still seemed to be strutting around the place and trying to look the part.

Thought Lyng was decent enough. Didn’t think Waters did well. The Wexford keeper’s kicking was dreadful though, and Cluxton just avoided him, so maybe that didn’t help.

Was hoping to see John Tubritt getting a run. He can’t be any worse than that Rossiter lad who looked out of his depth.

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 973374, member: 112”]Dublin were poor enough today, but its not as if they needed to to any more. They still own handy without exerting any effort. Wexford were awful. They had a chance to dictate the pace of the game and see what Dublin would do to react, but the game just stayed at a really slow pace and Dublin only did what they had to do and swatted Wexfords poor challenge aside.

A few in experienced subs got a run out too. Although I’m surprised to see Eoghan Nolan involved considering he wouldnt tog out with the minors last year.[/QUOTE]

Great to see another Davidstown clubman on the hallowed turf :clap:

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 973386, member: 1”]Flynn was embarrassing. He couldn’t execute basics but still seemed to be strutting around the place and trying to look the part.

Thought Lyng was decent enough. Didn’t think Waters did well. The Wexford keeper’s kicking was dreadful though, and Cluxton just avoided him, so maybe that didn’t help.

Was hoping to see John Tubritt getting a run. He can’t be any worse than that Rossiter lad who looked out of his depth.[/QUOTE]

To be fair to Rossiter he tries his best but he is a very average club player and if he had been playing with a strong senior club in the county he probably would never have been on the radar of the county selectors.

I’d hate to see what you’d say about him if you werent being fair to him.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 973386, member: 1”]Flynn was embarrassing. He couldn’t execute basics but still seemed to be strutting around the place and trying to look the part.

Was hoping to see John Tubritt getting a run. He can’t be any worse than that Rossiter lad who looked out of his depth.[/QUOTE]
Oi. Flynn takes such hurtful on line criticism very seriously and will be on Twitter shortly having a go at you.

Lyng got on a bit of ball, but he didnt score a lot of shots, and wasted numerous balls. Like I said, I’d hold him to higher standards than any of our other forwards, so while he might have been ok, we would need him playing far better and to his capabilities if we were to have had any hope.

Was hoping to see young Tubritt myself. Thought he would have got a run to be honest, he came on the last day against Longford and I thought his direct physical running would have posed some sort of threat and sped up our attacks.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 973308, member: 1”]Odd to see lads queuing up to get on the offended bus after a facile Dublin win.

Thought Mannion was good too. Agree with your entire last paragraph really. One or two Dub players put themselves about but dont seem to like when on the receiving end of the same treatment That’s where it is coming from. There is plenty besides last years final Rocko around Dublin. Plenty of red cards, biting etc

I don’t think Dublin are a particularly nasty by the way but because they are so brilliant skill wise the other aspects get overlooked. They have been involved in as much and more dragging and foul play as Tyrone last 12 months yet the RTE experts turn a blind eye. Its all about the lack of balance by these analysts really rather than pouring scorn on anyone

Wexford v Laois, Tipperary v Longford, Limerick v Antrim, Wicklow v Sligo.

Carlow v Clare, Cavan v Roscommon, Tyrone v Monaghan/Armagh, Down v Kildare