All Ireland Senior Football Championship 2014

Nightmare draw for Tyrone.

Revenge for 2013 :mad:

First drawn teams at home yeah?

I was impressed with Meath. Played a very clever game. They have great pace which makes them well suited to the game now. Bray is in fantastic shape and form and if they get another couple back soon they’ll cause a lot problems this year.
Ryan will need 2-3 years to get some of the McGeeney out of Kildare, but they do have a bit of talent.

Dublin really need a tough game from Meath, it mind sound stupid, but if they don’t I think they could be in trouble. Beat Meath easily an then are then waiting till 1/4 final and that could be anyone. I would not be too happy as a fan or Gavin if they have to meet a Donegal, Cork, Mayo or Monaghan in the 1/4, and I think they are all real possibilities.
Obviously still favourite’s, and rightly so, but I notice that in a lot of sports when champions are flying early on they often fade. Dublin hve things to work on so it’s not quite like that, but they need stiff competition from Meath or they could be caught cold.

On last nights evidence, and evidence if him starting in the past Rock is only good for coming on when teams are tired. Costello surely has earned the start now as he is better than Rock and Mcmanaman and in better form.

The difference in the runs Rock makes and say a Gooch, Brogan or Sheehan when he was there is laughable. Rock seems to be only able to run straight, like O Gara but O Gara is more dynamic. The runs Brogan makes are part of what make Dublin so good.
The incredible list of subs don’t seem that incredible now.

Those draws have drawn up some great games. :clap:
Good to see an even balance in the games with nearly all the games hard to call.

I am presuming there will be a double header in Thurles Saturday evening. :pint:

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 973573, member: 109”]Revenge for 2013 :mad:

First drawn teams at home yeah?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 973565, member: 1137”]Wexford v Laois, Tipperary v Longford, Limerick v Antrim, Wicklow v Sligo.

Carlow v Clare, Cavan v Roscommon, Tyrone v Monaghan/Armagh, Down v Kildare[/QUOTE]

Laois
Tipp
Limerick
Sligo
Clare
Rosscommon
Tyrone (beating Armagh)
Kildare.

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 973565, member: 1137”]Wexford v Laois, Tipperary v Longford, Limerick v Antrim, Wicklow v Sligo.

Carlow v Clare, Cavan v Roscommon, Tyrone v Monaghan/Armagh, Down v Kildare[/QUOTE]
What a thoroughly uninspiring draw.

Tyrone V Armagh/Monaghan on the 12th of July?
Hopefully they will fix it for somewhere there is a march being held at the same time.

Wexford
Longford
Limerick
Wicklow

Clare
Cavan
Tyrone
Down

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 973577, member: 1517”]Those draws have drawn up some great games. :clap:
Good to see an even balance in the games with nearly all the games hard to call.

I am presuming there will be a double header in Thurles Saturday evening. :pint:[/QUOTE]
Really? Which one are great in your opinion? Tyrone V Armagh/Monaghan perhaps, but it’ll no doubt be another dreadful Ulster slugfest. After that, maybe Cavan Roscommon, but really, I cant see one of interest there.

As good a draw as Limerick could have hoped for.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 973524, member: 1379”]Thought Mannion was good too. Agree with your entire last paragraph really. One or two Dub players put themselves about but dont seem to like when on the receiving end of the same treatment That’s where it is coming from. There is plenty besides last years final Rocko around Dublin. Plenty of red cards, biting etc

I don’t think Dublin are a particularly nasty by the way but because they are so brilliant skill wise the other aspects get overlooked. They have been involved in as much and more dragging and foul play as Tyrone last 12 months yet the RTE experts turn a blind eye. Its all about the lack of balance by these analysts really rather than pouring scorn on anyone[/QUOTE]
I guess what I’m saying is summed up by the start of your second paragraph. I don’t think Dublin are paragons of virtue but as far as I could tell there was little to no cynicism about their play yesterday (not that there needed to be) and still the main thing people are talking about is about how they can be as negative as anyone else sometimes. Just seems odd is all.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 973589, member: 1517”]Wexford
Longford
Limerick
Wicklow

Clare
Cavan
Tyrone
Down[/QUOTE]

Did you watch Wexford yesterday? And you do realise how bad Wicklow are ya?

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 973586, member: 1786”]Tyrone V Armagh/Monaghan on the 12th of July?
Hopefully they will fix it for somewhere there is a march being held at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Omagh if it is Armagh, Clones if it’s Monaghan. Monaghan are becoming the Dublin of Ulster with home advantage. The replay next weekend will also take place in Clones. Tyrone-Armagh/Monaghan and Down - Kildare are two very tough games to call.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 973575, member: 273”]I was impressed with Meath. Played a very clever game. They have great pace which makes them well suited to the game now. Bray is in fantastic shape and form and if they get another couple back soon they’ll cause a lot problems this year.
Ryan will need 2-3 years to get some of the McGeeney out of Kildare, but they do have a bit of talent.

Dublin really need a tough game from Meath, it mind sound stupid, but if they don’t I think they could be in trouble. Beat Meath easily an then are then waiting till 1/4 final and that could be anyone. I would not be too happy as a fan or Gavin if they have to meet a Donegal, Cork, Mayo or Monaghan in the 1/4, and I think they are all real possibilities.
Obviously still favourite’s, and rightly so, but I notice that in a lot of sports when champions are flying early on they often fade. Dublin hve things to work on so it’s not quite like that, but they need stiff competition from Meath or they could be caught cold.

On last nights evidence, and evidence if him starting in the past Rock is only good for coming on when teams are tired. Costello surely has earned the start now as he is better than Rock and Mcmanaman and in better form.

The difference in the runs Rock makes and say a Gooch, Brogan or Sheehan when he was there is laughable. Rock seems to be only able to run straight, like O Gara but O Gara is more dynamic. The runs Brogan makes are part of what make Dublin so good.
The incredible list of subs don’t seem that incredible now.[/QUOTE]

Agreed up until the last paragraph. Bring in Costello and drop Rock and you still have Bernard Brogan and Paddy Andrews to come back in.

By great I mean that all the games are pretty evenly balanced & there should be no massive spankings handed out.

Yes, they should have a good chance at home to Laois.
Wicklow at home to Sligo ( did you see how shite they were against Galway? :rolleyes: ) is a reasonable call.

Ah right. I wouldnt be so sure about that either, but we’ll see.

[QUOTE=“carryharry, post: 973599, member: 1517”]Yes, they should have a good chance at home to Laois.
[/QUOTE]
Laois beat Wexford away last season in the Qualifiers. I demand we are saved from having to travel to that kip again this year.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 973575, member: 273”]I was impressed with Meath. Played a very clever game. They have great pace which makes them well suited to the game now. Bray is in fantastic shape and form and if they get another couple back soon they’ll cause a lot problems this year.

The incredible list of subs don’t seem that incredible now.[/QUOTE]

Dublin can only meet Mayo/Cork/Kerry in the final.

Ah ya, there will be 1-2 great options no matter what. It’s just being way over played and I think yesterday showed it. I think the following is the right mix presuming all fit
Connolly A. Brogan Flynn
Mannion Andrews B. Brogan

The real class in the subs is Costello and McCaffery (who I think should be accommodated now anyway starting). McManaman is obviously a great impact player too. That’s 3 excellent subs. Nobody else had the ability to change a game that might be in the balance and I think that’s the key. Forget coming on kicking scores against Wexford, while not irrelevant, it’s not a great indicator of white hot AI 1/4, semi or final action. And that’s what matters.