All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Why do you, or the general fans, bot understand that there is largely fuck all can be done in one week tactically and certainly nothing can be done about cumulative fatigue which they show all the signs of. Its not that they don’t want to, its they can’t.

It’s looking that way without another goal being needed. Seriously impressive half of football from Clare playing against the breeze.

Great mix of football played.

Spoofer McStay and the jug eared chap have had these in training since January, they haven’t a clue.

They were on a field in October i believe.

I’m not questioning the players, it’s the management I am questioning.

A week is not ideal to get ready, but Roscommon look like they’ve trained hard this week possibly & it’s looks very much like they’ve arrived with no game plan to negate Clare’s best players. Fatigue should not hinder management from sending their team out to stop Brennan & Co having the run of Pearse Stadium.

Whatever about fatigue, they don’t have a notion how to tackle, how to cover and cut out the play.

They are one of the worst defensively organised teams I have witnessed. Clare look on another level to them.

Roscommon are an average team with a pretty clueless looking management team. McStay’s team talk will probably revolve around putting the ball into the hot zone, a pity he neglected protecting the honeypot.

4 Likes

I would guess, and i could probably find out by the end of the evening, that they did 2 30 min sessions.

You still don’t get the fatigied thing.

This is a good clare team a win today would be huge

Well done to Clare and Tipp on doing what they’re doing with relatively small picks in footballing terms.

I’m on about the presenters

Canavan and Horan are decent

Only 1/2 time

He scored a load of frees in one Connacht Final iirc and was very hyped up based on it. Kilbride was always the better of the two

I would agree with alot of that, but they have the makings of a very good side.

The defending is very poor.

But having said all that, absolutely everything goes out the window when you over train or have gone past peaking and are fatigued. It would take sefinitely 3-4 weeks of rest with very light training to recover. You motivation, your speed of thought, your technical ability

I suspect McStay is a bluffer of sorts too but any management with a young team need 2 years. And he won an All Ireland club. And going by your normal parameters for judgement this surely is notable.

I think they’re no worse than anything RTE put forward. They are there to lead questioning on performance & analysis which they do just fine.

Lyster for example tends to leave Brolly & Co waffle on unnecessarily which is beyond boring at times.

Carney & Canavan from an analysis point of view are miles ahead of RTE.

What is the story with them training are they

Kev, I very well do understand the 1 week turn around but I’m still aghast as to how poorly set up they are & how easy this is for Clare. Management totally at fault for that.

I am fairly adamant about Roscommon.

How long more do they need?

We’ve been hearing about them for 4/5 years now and in Championship football they seem to be getting worse every year. They are pumping huge money into that team. For all the talk about their forwards they look fairly shit and the problems in the likes of midfield and in the defence are well pronounced.

These lads don’t look like they know hot to defend, I would presume a lot of the defenders are mid 20s by now? Hardly going to go from what we have seen today to being decent defenders from here on in? They’re a busted flush, there was a lot of shite going about them - they are rubbish, all their players seem to be about the same level - no standout players out there. Clare have a few guys like Brennan, O’Connor, Malone who look like they could make it with any county. Roscommon don’t.

3 Likes

Ridiculous red card there.

That’s a shocking decision, this could change the game.

O’Connor sent off.

That’s never a red.