All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Paul Fitzgerald ,Tommy Toomey & Shane Stapleton,
Ian Dowling also involved as physio.

Never knew Dowling was involved. Haven’t a clue if he is a decent physio or not but would be a great fella to the around the set up. Hugely positive guy who massively outperformed his ability always cited as a great squad influence at Munster

2 Likes

Thats the consensus alright.

IRFU showing how to actually educate someone unlike the Grab Pay Association (GPA) and their token carry on.

He got Limerick to the next level anyway.

Mickey Ned put in a solid foundation firzt.

Mickey Ned was after him.

2 Likes

Was he? What years was Kearns there?

When they first made the breakthrough, he managed the 21’s that got to the all Ireland final and got the senior job after IIRC. We were division 1 at one stage under him, which when you look back at it is unbelievable.

1 Like

Actually according to wikipedia he was in charge from 1999 to 2005 so he must have done the 21’s at the same time

Jaysus he is at it a long time. I was away for alot of that so don’t recall that Limerick team as well. Thats a long enough spell. Indicates he was actually interested in developing something rather than just taking the cash.

Was he ever in line for a Kerry job?

Must be remembered its not all this year either. Power and alot of other lads built Tipp, but they seem to have the right man at the right time now.

Btw, saw 2 of the Kerry players last night and they both looked frightenly skinny and gaunt

He was out of the inter county game for a good while after the Laois job. I suppose Laois would do that to a man :grinning:

Well the way i look at Laois is they employed Teddy Mac. If you go to that meeting and come away thinking this is the guy to bring hurling on in the county then you are not doing your job or indeed suited to that job.

Thought he took a break to go back to Templemore for a bit? Hard to know what to make of his time in Laois with hindsight. Shur we’re fucking bananas really. I could tell you awful yarns about the County Board and some meetings they held with potential/soon to be managers. The Darragh O Sé one, christ.

Some man, he was paid an awful lot of money to nearly destroy Newcastle West GAA.

The day he broke down and wept in front of the Laois County Board Officials kinda showed the lads that he might not be the genius he had lead them to think he was during the interview stage.

All it would have taken was a phone call, 2 tops

The county board couldn’t have been seen to be spending that sort of money on hurling back then. Two phone calls, are you mad?

But pay the bould T-Mac a fortune and expenses.

I’d like to read a few of these yarns if you get the chance, pal.