All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

40G’s I believe, an the cost of bailing him out of a jail cell the morning of an O’Byrne Cup game against Dublin.

1 Like

Cassidy to the rescue!

Cassidy calls for negative coaches to be ‘chased’

Former Donegal star Kevin Cassidy has called for negative coaches to be ‘chased’ from the GAA.

Cassidy made the remark in response to a debate on Twitter about the state of modern football, which was sparked following the dreadfully low scoreline in a Donegal club game.

Glenswilly defeated St Eunan’s on a scoreline of 0-03 to 0-02 on Sunday afternoon, and it gained national notoriety.

Cassidy tweeted, “Scoreline in Donegal club game ends 3-2 holy god the end has arrived – ah well it was fun while it lasted!!!”

Cassidy’s Gaoth Dobhair team mate and current Donegal star Eamon McGee had his say, and disagreed with the statement.

McGee tweeted, “An all Ireland final finished 1-1 to 0-1 point – and that was over one hundred years ago. Relax. The end is most definitely not here!”

Cassidy hit back, ” In all honesty guys that’s not the kind of stuff I want my young lad playing anyway. Time to chase negative coaches.”

There was only one point scored in the entire second-half of that match, and it came from St Eunan’s forward Conor Gibbons, who’s side ended up losing by a point.

What are your views? Does the GAA need a drastic overhaul of the rulebook to alleviate this negative form of football, or is all not as bad as is being suggested?

Is Cassidy still fucking off to America for the majority of each summer for the dollas?

No idea.

the cheek of the cunt.

Trying to make money from his talent.

for shame.

4 Likes

I know. Unreal.

Next thing he’ be getting paid for playing and showing up to play GAA in November…

Its amazing he finds the time to kick football at all to be honest.

Cassidy may or may not have to get up in the morning and newspapers publishing articles based on his tweets in relation an amateur pastime is patently ridiculous.

2 Likes

Only an inbred Irish mick would begrudge a lad heading off for a few months to make some money when he’s only missing one or two Mickey Mouse games.

How does it work if he’s written a column himself in the past?

He’s a teacher so he’s not having to get up in the morning these days. Another issue to take into account there.

he was in court in cobh a few years back
not with “that” judge @caoimhaoin, it would have been his predecessor that this forum holds in ill repute mind you Padlock is also a pretty despicable cunt for completely unrelated reasons now mind you, Jonathan O Brien wanted that cunt out and was happy he retired mind you the motives of the shinners w.r.t. the judiciary are usually from a criminal self interest as a prominent east cork counciller who ended up in prison in belgium and was involved in a plot to blow up princess diana in germany is well aware

You’ve raised two interesting points there. Something for the forum to think on for the afternoon.

Does any other sport do hysterical overreaction to tactical trends like the the GAA does it?

1 Like

“the” father nearly had a heart attack telling me this story on the phone the other night , we were in some JBFC county semi final and for 45s the keeper was summoned to emabark on a chug up the pitch, after doing a charlie redmond esque prepration was then only succeeding in having the ball drop on the 14… this drew the ire of the assembled gaels and patrons on the line as the whole process took about 3 minutes… i dont think a defensive system was in place .
The father blamed Donal og cusack anyway for the ills of junior football in Cork, mind you he blames him for most things

11 Likes

Post of the month.

to answer ( if such a thing exists on TFK)
the situation with the reaction to hurling and football is different
hurling snobs are horrible people, they hold the game in some dreamy mysticism, telling the tales of yore,
You have Gerlock, JBM, babs, Liam Dunne Tom Ryan ,Sylvie Linnane, Ger Henderson, Denis Mulcahy and Pat Hartnett flaking cunts, stories of PJ O Connell living in a barn outside Enistymon in 1995, insane hate figures like Leahy, Colin Lynch , the rock, etc
characters, heroes of men, , “shur look at the soccer fools rolling around like girls”, " this is the real game", " we are unique"…
etc
anyway, along came the helmets, that did take something, you cant recognise a player anymore now…
Then came the strikes, Cork first in november 2002, then came hate figures led by donal og, ably assisted by Davy Fitz , Dan Shananhan
2005 was the end for hurling, the last decent munster final was played in 2005, Corks firts half that year v Tipp was unrale. tactics were creeping in tho
KK’s response in 2006 v Cork in the final was the first example of a defensive system, the on the edge style used to stifle Cork, now it has morphed into the muck on display last sunday
Donal og was on about resilince, i hate that word, they clearly have that moron enda mcnulty in with them, telling them to get sleep and eat nuts, its pathetic

It has fallen apart now, we can no longer regale yanks crying into our pints about this great storied game as its fucking shit now

10 Likes

Absolutely mental.
Ine theory i have for part of that happening at least is the lack of games. People do not see too many games. Its pretty easy to get the head around soccer tactics if you watch enough of it and there is plenty on.
Another reason is booze, half the cunts are boozed up watching it and don’t really know what they are watching.
And finally the people that go are miles away from the game being played now. 70/80% of the players i know wouldn’t go near a game and barely watch them. And certaimly very few take a huge interest in commentary or media circus.

Is Muslim-hating considered a sport these days? Certainly a seriously-taken hobby for a lot of people.

Remember very few games were televised til twenty years ago and a lot of “classics” were played at walking pace.

I have no issues with tactics or systems but the standard of refereeing in GAA is poor. If you want to “let the game flow” then go ahead and change the rules - hurling in particular suffers from this - to allow the use of the spare arm to tackle, to allow 8 or 9 steps and to allow throwing ball.

An advantage rule in hurling is a joke as in 90 per cent of cases the free is a score. More “let the game” flow shite.