All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2016 You Are What You Eat

Am I right in saying this is not the first time Cassidy and his club mate have come to blows on twitter!

I find it incredible that you have coaches and managers who prepare all year for the Championship only to go out with the very same system as everyone else.

Wonderful post mickie.
Only JBM never flaked anyone in his life.

:grinning:

smashing stuff there pal::point_up_2:

Large segments of games currently are played at walking pace.

Kerry-Tipperary, Galway-Roscommon and Donegal-Tyrone immediately spring to mind.

I think that’s overstating the case, but to the extent that what you’re referring to is true, why is it surprising? People imitate success, in all walks of life.

I was at an event recently where Mickey Harte was a guest speaker.

Be enthusiastic.

Be infectious.

Don’t wake up and say “Good God, morning.”

Instead wake up and proclaim “Good morning, God!”

Anything is possible with God on your side.

Peace be with you, lads.

6 Likes

Just interested to know how recently chief? Regardless of what people think of him, to still have his faith after what happened is admirable

Or incredibly insecure and dumb

That’s a matter of opinion. And I certainly don’t hold it against him. Faith is a deeply personal choice of life and if it helps him get through what happened then good look to him

4 Likes

Imagine feeling insecure after your daughter was strangled on her honeymoon.

3 Likes

Since they won the Ulster title, pal. He was interesting but he kept it quite general rather than getting into specifics. It was aimed at a corporate audience (& others like me) so he was giving his thoughts on leadership, teamwork, communication etc, what his style is, who influences him, how it can translate from sport to life/family/career etc.

One of his only specific football related examples was the importance of being honest and upfront and communicating clearly to people when delivering bad news. They may not agree with it but they will respect you for telling them your reasons. Spoke about the 2008 All Ireland final when they decided to move Joe McMahon from half forward to the full back line to combat Walsh and Donaghy and how they had to leave out the regular corner back (who was that at the time, chaps?). Could have just announced the team but took yer man aside in advance to tell them the reasoning / plan behind it etc. That seems like fairly basic management to me though.

3 Likes

Calling bollix. Anyone who thinks there is some man in the sky looking over them is fucking crazy and beyond insecure.

In my opinion.

No you tool, the fact that he thinks there is somebody up in the sky chatting with her now.

His dauggters death was horrible. But not unique and was the result of a bad person doing a bad thing and it going wrong. End of story.

If that was the level of the management guidance he gave id be looking for my money back
"Don’t ruin someone season and humiliate them in front of their peers with no warning " isn’t exactly rocket science!

1 Like

If it helps him, more power to him, and who are you to say otherwise.

Intolerance of other people’s beliefs is a major problem in today’s world, I’m sure you’ll agree.

I generally don’t give a fuck about what people believe in, although "god " has alot to answer for.

Harte sickens me though

Look I’m not going to ridicule you for your thoughts on the whole God thing. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts on it. However neither you me or anyone else is entitled to ridicule Mickey Harte to take some bit of solace in faith. Especially considering what has happened. I am a Catholic with what I consider to be a relatively strong faith. However I do not know what it would do to me if anything like that happened to my immediate family in those type of circumstances. Does it make me any lesser of a human being then Mickey Harte. Probably not. But if it gives you something to keep on going then good luck, " in my opinion"

1 Like

People don’t need to believe in a God to act the cunt. It’s part of human nature.

Thats true. I’m not blaming “him” for everything.